The My Little Pony Era.

Harmony And Rarity

Okay everyone, I thought of this while I was eating. What if the MLP world is an era before our century. I think it would be a very interesting topic. Because it feels like the ponies in FiM are just grazing technology. And if someone were to die and go there right now. The world would look much different. It would still be the same ecosystem. But with cell phones and computers. We already know that they dont have hand held consoles and that they have arcade machines. Yeah Celestia will still rule equestria considering she is immortal. But FiM in my opinion feels like its in the 1960's of our time. What do you guys think?   

Considering their universe is entirely separate from ours and their society is completely different than ours with flying and magic, I really don't think you can specify a year for their universe and ours. You also have consider the fact that they are going to have different technological strides than we will because they have flying and magic while we don't. For example they have no need to know more about the Higgs Boson because they have to learn more about magic and how they all evolved or came to be 3 different races. They are more interested in their history and how they came to be while we are more interested in scientific and technological strides such as learning how exactly the Higgs works and whether is truly is the smallest particle in the universe or whether quantum foam does fabricate the universe or not. We want to know completely different things than what they want to. We want to push humanity's boundaries and explore, they just want to know about magic or certain powers that exist deep in their universe. So you are trying to compare to completely different societies when they could very well be in the late 3000's or early 1000's. We have no way of knowing. 

Edited by little gamie
  • Brohoof 1

I still vote post-apocalyptic, kind of like Adventure Time and the Land of Ooo, but, uh, better?

Ponies are genetically modified to have human-level sentience and biological nanomachines that appear to be forms of magic from a distance but are really SCIENCE! up close. 

That's just my theory, anyways.

• Brohoof 1

I haven't seen that much modern technology in the show so it can't be close to the modern era. There are steam trains being used quite a lot, along with villages and western-styled towns. Although it could just be that in their universe technology doesn't upgrade as fast as us, since they have magic, the ability to fly and all.

Plus if their technology advances further then Equestria might become as lazy as people on Earth xD

I am not sure of a corisponding date, but it definatly is past Industrial Era.  Steam powered Locomotives, Ovens, Electricity, Sewing Machines, Printing Press (I doubt all those books were hand copied) ability to mine/work metals, ect.

Yeah you can claim some of it to be magic however as that seems only to be a Unicorn thing  I would have to say that Earth and Pegasus had to develop Tech to match Magic.   We even see evidence of this in AppleJacks cutie mark flash back were she goes to Baltimare, a Large City.  Quite a Contrast to Ponyville, a Small Town on the outskirts of Canterlot ( Serriously you can see it from ponyville, a stones throw away.) 

Some of the Tech. I have yet to see probly includes stuff like, Planes, Cars/Busses, Telephone, TV/Radio.  Tho it seems that Ponys don't travle much so I guess the train works well for them.

Also intresting to note that since the "World" they live in is for the most part, at peace, there was little need to develop Weapons.  So we see a more Pre-industrial look to the Armed forces they have.  Spears and Armor, No Guns or explosives.