Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Wii Sports Club

Bright Honor

*Sigh*...I give up lol.

No need to be like that. I'm just saying that, after the trial, you can't actually play any piece of the game without actually purchasing it. The game just comes in pieces like Telltale Games' The Walking Dead, and I wouldn't call The Walking Dead a free to play game. You have to buy every bit of it. Just saying...

No need to be like that. I'm just saying that, after the trial, you can't actually play any piece of the game without actually purchasing it. The game just comes in pieces like Telltale Games' The Walking Dead, and I wouldn't call The Walking Dead a free to play game. You have to buy every bit of it. Just saying...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free-to-play

Here is the definition of the term "free-to-play" Before anyone says lol wikipedia...it's true that it can be edited, but 90% of the time it's accurate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free-to-play

Here is the definition of the term "free-to-play" Before anyone says lol wikipedia...it's true that it can be edited, but 90% of the time it's accurate.

From that page:

Free-to-play can be contrasted with pay-to-play, in which payment is required before using a service. Pay-to-play games usually offer equal gaming experience for all players while free-to-play games give advantage to premium players. Free-to-play games are similar to freemium, a more general term and a business model in which a product is offered free of charge while a micropayment is charged for users to access premium features and virtual goods.

After the trial, none, of this game is offered to the player. Nothing. The premium players have no advantage because only the people who paid for the game can actually play it. Or is there some kind of in game microtransaction power up shop you forgot to mention?

Besides the initial taste test, none of this product is being offered free of charge, right? Correct me if I'm wrong. 

Edited by Mutemutt

From that page:

After the trial, none, of this game is offered to the player. Nothing. The premium players have no advantage because only the people who paid for the game can actually play it. Or is there some kind of in game microtransaction power up shop you forgot to mention?

Besides the initial taste test, none of this product is being offered free of charge, right? Correct me if I'm wrong. 

Yes, but it's a FREE download. you have to pay for the other parts after the trial. It may not be pure free-to-play, but it still fits the category. I'm done having this argument lol.

Edited by Bright Honor

Yes, but it's a FREE download. you have to pay for the other parts after the trial. It may not be pure free-to-play, but it still fits the category. I'm done having this argument lol.

That's a stretch. What good is a game that can't be played; it's just a waste of space if you don't plan on playing it. I mean, if you walk up to me and say "hey neighbor, can I borrow  your ladder" and I say "sure, but you can't use it in any meaningful or useful way whatsoever", am I really lending you my ladder? At most, this would be a free to download game, since you can't actually play it.

Just had to say that last bit; we can stop now  :catface: