Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Old MLP vs. MLP:FIM

Moonlight_Tale

so today at target when i was browsing their dvd's I came across a 5 dollar dvd of the my little pony back when I was a kid. I remember my first pony i ever got I was five and in toys R us and I got Apple Jack because I used to have an apple tree.

I got slightly sad when I started to think about this because I wasn't my age to know about all the ponies from the first generation or whatever. (I'm only 14) 

But what I'm getting at is how do you feel about how much they've totally changed about the series? Don't get me wrong I love FIM but has anyone else watched the older stuff pre-FIM?

I have SO much old mlp gear, a bed set, a blanket, and all my ponies are somewhere.

I used to have some old ponies, but for the most part I gave them away to younger kids. I usually give my older toys to kids I don't even know usually. I don't hate the old franchise, but it's nothing compared to the new one. I don't think I have anything from the old series left, I gave it all away last time I checked. I kind of regret it since I get attached to objects quite a lot, but oh well, at least some kid is enjoying them. I watched an episode of each old series and while they're not great, they're not as awful as most bronies make it out to be. 

I have never bough MLP franchise until now, though I was very much aware of the older generations.

They're usually my headcanon for Equestria's "pre-history". Mostly it's G1 without humans.

(The first Applejack was the first ancestor of the Apple family, Firefly is the pony that created Equestria and help unite the three tribes during a windigo snowstorm after gaining widespread fame and becoming a legendary hero, sea and Flutter ponies is massively wiped out several centuries into the making of Equestria, and several names such as Bon Bon, Medley, and Raindrops is adopted and renamed to later generations. Oh, and some time after My Little Pony Tales, the windigos starved and stagnated the ponies and their technology.)

I still have some of the toys from G1 as well as tapes from my sister. She liked them and so when I was around eight I watched the cartoons as well even though it was a bit before my time c: I still like the originals, same way I still like the original ninja turtles but am open to liking new generations.

Well... for me, I would have to say i am kind of unbiased, because if it wasn't for a burnt copy of the old movie that i had made for an ex who later on gave it back to me last year, I probably wouldn't be a brony :P (plus my older sister told me that when I was little, I used to play with her G1 toys :))

I never watched the older generations, but I knew that they existed. It was because of FiM that I got into MLP. I do respect the older generations to some degree, but I prefer FiM over all else because I find it great to watch. In terms of toys, I do remember my little niece had some g1 toys one time when I attended her birthday party. Don't know if she has them anymore.

• 7 years later...
  • 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Kujamih said:

old mlp is for "GIRLS" sorry for being sexist BUT that's the truth. targets back then were usually for boys or girls....

I watched something called He-Man. So I was a boy when I was little.

Spoiler

Then I watched She-Ra.....

Yea....

And then MLP. And sadly, I was no longer a boy.

Spoiler

Thankfully, FIM allowed boys to watch MLP, so I am a boy again! Yay!

Spoiler

She-Ra is good though.

10 hours ago, Splashee said:

I watched something called He-Man. So I was a boy when I was little.

Reveal hidden contents

Then I watched She-Ra.....

Yea....

And then MLP. And sadly, I was no longer a boy.

Reveal hidden contents

Thankfully, FIM allowed boys to watch MLP, so I am a boy again! Yay!

Reveal hidden contents

She-Ra is good though.

you watched she-ra? .....why? was it for the ahmmm plot?