Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

An Open Letter to Forumers

Pulcinella

Dear fellow patrons of MLP Forums.com...

Ok, I'm not going to go super formal, but I will try to keep this serious. A lot of people have been slowly shedding off both the fandom and the site itself. I'm sure we've all seen those sad little final farewells from said bronies, causing their friends to shout out for them to stay, and how the forums won't be the same without them, and if their friend is leaving, well, goddammit, they are too. Well, I'm necessarily saying that it's a terrible thing to do, and it should stop the instant I click "Post", after all, there are many good reasons why this is happening. Teasing, parental disapproval, past conflicts, etc. One thing that I see a lot, though, is that MLP isn't "interesting enough" anymore. Sure, that may be true. As much as my forum friends may want to deny it, I'm slowly losing interest in the show as well. That doesn't mean that I'm leaving. I love the brony community, this site, and all its members. My Little Pony will always hold a special spot in my heart as well, being the show that stopped me from possibly becoming suicidal in my young age. I'm not exaggerating. If you want to know about my brony history, that's another subject. I'm sure there's a thread about that around here somewhere... Anyway, back on topic. Sure, I never thought that obsessions would last forever. They never do. I just hope they last long enough for me to fully enjoy them, is all. So, on that note, I just want you all to know, I'm not leaving, I don't dislike ponies, and I hope that I don't feel the need to go anytime soon.

-Sincerely, Pulcinella.

• Brohoof 8

This is standard operating procedure in-between seasons. Season ends, forum activity drops off, then as soon as the next season begins again, forum members return plus a small influx of new people join. It's a cycle that has been going on for 2 seasons now. Everything will be fine.

• Brohoof 9

I think I did notice that a lot of people start to lose interest in the show until the next season begins. So this is a normal occurrence that does happen, losing interest in the show is fine.

• Brohoof 1

I think I did notice that a lot of people start to lose interest in the show until the next season begins. So this is a normal occurrence that does happen, losing interest in the show is fine.

Well, the thing with me is, when I was waiting for Season 3, I felt that every day that I lived without new episodes was a miracle. I couldn't go much longer without my ponies. Now, I barely ever think about it. When my friend brought up the fact that S4 is premiering two months from then, I just responded with an "Oh, cool. Whatever." To be honest, I may not even watch the new season, if it weren't for my curiosity on what the whole Twilicorn thing is going to end up like.

Wow, I'm so tired, but yet I feel like I need to write so much and so in-detail. Weird.

• Brohoof 2

This is standard operating procedure in-between seasons. Season ends, forum activity drops off, then as soon as the next season begins again, forum members return plus a small influx of new people join. It's a cycle that has been going on for 2 seasons now. Everything will be fine.

Especially noticeable now with the length of this particular hiatus.  February 16th, 2013 was a ways back, and we've still got two months to wait. 

• Brohoof 1

I just wonder what all these people who need episodes to survive are going to do when the show finally ends :PAs I've said countless times elsewhere, it's a luxury to be able to have these highs and lows when there's future seasons, even if they may be far off. To stop being a fan of a show and the movement of creativity it started after it ends is silly, so, I truly wonder how that will go.

Only wish more people would dive into the fandom instead of making the aforementioned topics and blogs of 'losing interest bai'.

Anywho, teasing and parents are inevitable problems OP :( I'm sorry them and other things are plauging you. Hope to see you around, still!

• Brohoof 3

I dare to say no it's not...

I joined in an off-season period, around june (or july 2012? :S), forums were on fire, discussions here and there about everything in the show, and outside the show as well, there was a spot for everyone, and we actually had quality content to give our opinions on, that was a time when mlpforums was full of magic, not necesarily about the show, but the community that we had here.

After season 3 being "crap", Twilight getting wings and the release of Equestria Girls (add to that severe internal problems in here, in my opinion) the forums drifted from being that "magical" place to be a uninteresting place, at least for most veterans that knew how the forums were in the past.

I agree with OP, this is not just an off season lack of interest, in fact I dare not to fully quote the show, not even bronycon could lift the mood and the interest of the users and I recall last year that bronycon was even more commented even if a few members were able to attend and record footage, this year we had much more content, footage and experiences, and that moment only lasted like a week as much.

The problem here is within the members, that includes the mods and the staff as well, so I can see why some other old users are saying goodbye, leaving or just not being active as they used to be (I sadly include myself in that list)

• Brohoof 1

As someone who has run large game forums this is extremely common. People leave and join and come back. I don't see this forum dying out due to a few people here and there leaving, from what I can tell the forum is getting more new members than leavers. So I wouldn't worry about it.

• Brohoof 1