Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have any episodes ever made you cry?

Esmeshy

My heart completely dropped in A Canterlot Wedding, when Twilight was abandoned by all of her friends. Seems like every time Princess Celestia scolds Twilight, I get this achy feeling. But no, I haven't cried in any episode, at least...not yet. 

• Brohoof 1

I haven't cried much over the episodes but the end of Baby Cakes, Sleepless in Ponyville and the part were Twilight gets abandoned in A canterlot Wedding made me.  I may have teared up a bit on other episodes too.  I don't cry much but I don't know why, I'm drawn to do it in front of a screen :\

I have cried twice. I was bullied and the scene where Twilight not fitting in at Winter Wrap up, and fluttershy crying in Fluttershy Hurricane did it to me. Also, My Little Dashie along with the sad videos has done it for me. I know the fics and the videos are seperate from the show. Also, I shed some tears for the fanfic "Not my Destiny"

Oh god.... I can't tell you how many times I have cried at MLP.

The first time was during Applebloom's first episode when she made the sad face. Cried a few times during that episode. And then I cried  when Dash did her Rainboom (I remember that cryfest... right after I watched the applebloom one. Maybe I was having an emotional day). I cried A LOTTTTT. I won't list all of the experiences. Just know it's a frequent occurrence.

Most recently, I cried during the Apple Family Reunion at one of Granny's flashbacks. Applerose (is that her name?) and Granny were participating in the 7-legged race and they tripped and laughed about it. Their laughter was just so pure... couldn't handle it.

I'm such a sucker.

I've teared up while watching an episode 23, cutie mark cronicles. but my little dashie made me shed one tear. It really anoise me that I'm not more sesitive to heart fealt moments.

Thoe I rock, I dont want to be stone.

I'm very surprised that people who tear up at My Little Dashie aren't even mentioning Rainbow Factory. The latter contained so much more despair and heart-wrenching. The gore didn't even matter.

Nope.  Somethings have gotten me to the point of sad but I never cried.  I find it hard to cry about sometimes.  I've been playing though the walking dead and I haven't cried once.

Absolutely. The first use of the Elements of Harmony does it every time, from the sparks in Twilight's eyes to NMM blowing up (not sure if I cried the very first time. Maybe. Definitely got goosebumps, though). Our first Sonic Rainboom, too--just such an epic, dramatic moment, plus it was to save Rarity.

Other such moments aren't coming to me right now, but I do think there've been others. I'll try and update post when I remember any. lol

First edit already: Oh yeah, the end of Cutie Mark Chronicles (before the letter). And the "for I oh so love the groom" bit in This Day Aria, just such a touching line and it's delivered so beautifully. Rest of the song can give me goosebumps.

Edited by Mu Nova

I have a tendency to imitate the expressions characters are making when I'm watching TV shows. So when an angry character is on focus, I make an angry gace, when a character makes a really big smile I do one too... and when characters are sad I start crying. This Day Aria in particular is the thing that managed to make me cry for the longest amount of time.

Not full out crying but tear up a little bit sometimes. The show has made me really think of what friendship is, and has taught me a lot of moral lessons and ultimately made me a better person in general.  So yes even though its embarrassing to type this.

The Royal Wedding in a way, especially the music. It was so nostalgic it almost brought me to tears of pure joy. It was like being a kid again sitting mystified by a Disney movie, I can liken it to hearing "Circle of Life" for the first time all over again.   

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX07j9SDFcc

This was the first episode I ever watched, after a while I re watched it and about had the same feeling, I'm a very sentimental guy and found a few tears of joy in my eyes for just being a brony in general and how the show has umm..  made me a better person and how happy I was to have became a brony in the first place. 

• Brohoof 1

The last time I cried was never. *Iron Will pose*

LOL, just kidding. No episode has actually ever made me cry, but a sad fanfic brought me CLOSE (I didn't cry, but close) to tears. Some of the episodes do give me a warm feeling inside, which results in me watching the cute moments over and over again.

• Brohoof 1

I haven't cried yet, but tearing definitely. 

A lot of the episodes brought (manly) tears to my eyes. Out of happiness though, more often than not. I tend to cry more at happy things than sad things. 

Some episodes that stick out to me are Sonic Rainboom and May the Best Pet Win. I was so happy for Rainbow Dash when she was able to pull the rainboom off, but more importantly, she was able to do it because she saw Rarity in trouble. It showed that Rainbow Dash's love for her friends drives her more than proving herself to the Wonderbolts. Such friendship. Rainbow deserved every bit of the congratulatory praise she got at the end of the episode. I had similar feelings of happiness for Tank and Rainbow Dash after seeing the effort that Tank put forth for RD was not only rewarded, but helped Rainbow Dash understand an important lesson. Kudos to you, Tank. 

I think I wanted to tear up in Sisterhooves Social when Rarity was starting to realize that not having her adorable sister around was actually creating a gap in the important things in her life. When I saw her find Sweetie Belle's heart that she made for her, I kind of lost it a little. 

Things that are sad don't really make me cry. It just feels bad man. 

This just made a part of my soul shrivel up and die...

If you guys want a potentially tear-jerking story, read this:

http://www.reddit.com/r/mylittlepony/comments/o8xd7/saying_goodbye_how_my_little_pony_touched_my_heart/

Copious torrents of manly tears...

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've teared up for a couple.  Scootaloo opening up to Rainbow at the end of Sleepless was beautiful.  Also, even though I didn't like Applejack in Apple Family Reunion, I did tear up for her after the barn was destroyed.

There's just nothing sadder than a little pony crying, what can I say?

Spike at your service made me cry because it was just so terrible of an episode. I really did not like it one bit, it had a pretty bad premise in my opinion.

Yeah, I never liked the whole character gets saved and feels indebted to him/her for life story in TV shows, and SaYS didn't add much to it.

For me, I have this thing where I feel like I just absolutely cannot cry around anyone else, but when I'm alone I can display as much emotion as I want. I've teared up many times when watching My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic alone, but there weren't as many times where I would just cry. 

Sometimes I can just be in a really bad mood, either for a day, or a few days, or longer. Or, I might just be feeling unhappy, or stressed out, or otherwise upset about something. Watching My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic helps me to release these feelings and be happy, which has often resulted in me tearing up or crying from joy, from relief, of being free of whatever had been weighing me down in my mind. 

All episodes of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic evoke positive emotions in me, but certain episodes stand out in my mind as affecting me the most. At these certain parts, or even just at any time in certain episodes I remember crying:

-Cutie Mark Chronicles

-Princess Cadence and Shining Armor defeating Queen Chrysalis in A Canterlot Wedding, Part 2

-The Crystal Fair song in The Crystal Empire, Part 1

-The light and love in the crystal ponies defeating King Sombra in The Crystal Empire, Part 2

-The Smile Song in A Friend in Deed

-BBBFF song

There's probably way more. Watching My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic has been such a healing experience for me on so many occasions. Being able to release fear, tension, anxiety, anger, hatred, and to just be happy, joyful, and free has a profoundly positive impact on my life.

• Brohoof 3

For some reason...I feel like I have but I don't remember doing it  :blink:

So I guess my answer would be...Maybe hahaha.

I do sometimes cry at really sad or maybe happy thing's *Cough*Big Fish*Cough*

That's right...MEN DO CRY (Not that any of you thought that men didn't cry)

• Brohoof 1

No nothing show related has ever made me cry before, I feel kinda heartless saying that, and I almost wish sometimes that I cried more sometimes, just because I want to be a bit more in touch with my emotions, but the truth is I've never shed tears over the show episodes, or even fanfics like "My little Dashie"

There has been a few times where my heart drops, like in "Hurricane Fluttershy" When Fluttershy starts crying as soon as she turns around that makes my heart break.

Also in "Canterlot wedding" Twilight getting totally devastated makes me feel pretty bad. Same with "Putting your Hoof Down" Where Fluttershy looks into the puddle of water and starts crying.

But I just have never shed a tear. I feel kinda bad for it. I've never been one to shed tears very often though, it kinda makes me feel bad that I don't, but it just never happens for me really. You have to admit that crying actually feels good sometimes, it gets rid of all the stress in your life, however I don't really ever get many times where I cry so that normally doesn't happen for me.

Anyways a bit off topic. I have never shed a Tear over anything MLP related so far.

• Brohoof 1

The show is so lighthearted that it's hard to believe it can have such a deep impact on people. However, I admit to being slightly jealous of the feelings it brings to others.

I think because there isn't the complications from other shows that it can bring the morals out cut and clean. A lot of our lives have become so complex that we can't find that simple meaning that a cartoon could do it best.

In terms of actual show stuff, I cried when Dashie got her badge back in Wonderbolt Academy.  Yes, I might be a *tiny* bit of a fanboy.

In terms of fandom material, a couple of PMV's have got me: 'The Stars Will Aid in Her Escape' was one.

Then there was this one, a fan-made trailer for Cutie Mark Chronicles.  Not technically a PMV, but close enough.
  • Brohoof 1