Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Beyond these Walls: An adventure through Equestria. (Applications open!)

The Elusive Cinder

Beyond these walls: an adventure through Equestria.

OOC / Signup thread:
http://mlpforums.com/topic/75332-beyond-these-walls-adventure-romance-everything

Signups are open!

---------------

Redwave.

I hope this finds you well. As you requested, I have kept watch for this artefact you desire: the Litany if Magic. The current location of the Litany has come to my attention - see the map enclosed.

It has also come to my attention that another seeks the Litany. Worse still, they have already located and read from it once. I do not know why you seek it, but I trust you enough to know that you will not try to read from its pages.

I cannot stress the urgency of the situation enough. I have contacted some others whom I know or have heard of to assist you: I beg you, do not refuse any offer of help on this matter.

Your friend,

Bardic Knowledge.

img-1913268-1-Map_of_Equestria_poster_20

---------------

Redwave leaned casually against the statue at the designated point where he was to meet these 'others' - a nearby plaque told him that he was supposedly resting against 'Starswirl the Bearded', whoever that was supposed to be. It was still early enough for the streets to be quiet, though there were signs of ponies setting up shop for the day.

"Kingfisher!" He barked towards a cyan mare who stood nearby checking over their supplies.

Her eyes snapped to attention.

"Aye Cap'n?" She answered attentively.

"You have triple checked your blasted equipment already, keep watch a while instead." Redwave instructed. The mare nodded and did as she was ordered.

"You think the writer's onto somethin'?" She asked with a raised brow.

Redwave snatched at the bottle of Brandy that hung by his side, drunk deeply and let it fall back into place with a shrug. "It would be most unlike him to write with such concern otherwise." He answered with a smirk.

Edited by Cinderscribe

Pavisa trotted diligently to the meet up point her orders had designated her towards.  She was thankful for the armor hiding her expression, because she was still fuming about being sent off like this.  Sent away from Canterlot, to what...  Find some kind of book?  Gah, I still don't get it.  He said it was an important assignment, but I think he just owed somepony a favor and didn't want to go himself...

Soon enough Pavisa found her way to the statue of Starswirl the Bearded.  Checking her orders one last time, it was clear who her companions were supposed to be right off the bat.  With a small sigh she quickly snapped her attention to the task at hand instead of complaining about her CO.  Trotting up to Redwave and Kingfisher, she brought a front hoof up in a quick salute.

@

The mare knew she looked pretty much like any of the other guards while she was in uniform, but speaking was another matter entirely.  Deciding to get it over with quickly, the guardspony spoke with a surprisingly feminine voice from beneath her helm.  "Captain Redwave?  I've been ordered to offer you any assistance you would be willing to take on your quest, provided your approval."  She reached to hand over the papers with her orders on them in case he wished to confirm for himself.  "I'm Pavisa."  She let her hoof fall back to the ground as she stood straight, feeling all too much like she was at some kind of inspection.  Despite her complaints to herself it was her first real assignment, and she was a lot more nervous than she looked.

Edited by Lhee

(edited)

@,

Redwave stopped himself just short or audably groaning.

'A guard. Fantastic. Because clearly I did not make my distaste for them clear enough to the bard...'

Despite this, the letter had stated quite clearly not to turn down help. Swinging jauntily to his hooves, Redwave took the papers and spent a moment pretending to read them.

"You seem to have me mistaken, I am not that type of captain." He said finally, casually folding the papers and offering them back to the guard. "Captain Redwave of the Dawn Dreamer. The quiet one is Kingfisher."

Resuming his lounging, he held out the bottle of brandy beside the folded papers with a smirk.

"Drink?"

Edited by Cinderscribe

@

Pavisa silently berated herself as she took back her papers.  You knew he wasn't that kind of captain, why did you salute him!?  It's your first assignment, don't mess this up!  Trying to make the situation better if possible, she smiles at Kingfisher as Redwave introduces her.  "A pleasure to meet you both."  

The offer of the drink catches her off guard, and she stares blankly at the bottle for a moment.  You shouldn't, you're on duty!  But would it be rude to refuse?  Oh buck it, if the're sending me away from Canterlot than I may as well...  Pavisa brings her hooves up to remove her helmet, setting it aside before smiling back at the other ponies, shaking her head once to knock her braided mane loose.  "Eh, why not."  She reaches a hoof for the offered bottle as she speaks, to take a brief drink.

@,

Red nodded his approval as he stoppered the bottle and let it fall back into place beside his cutlass.

"Perhaps we might see eye to eye more than I anticipated: It usually takes at least a minute or two of goading to achieve such a result." He said in a cocky tone. "Fisher! Stop being such an antisocial killjoy and introduce yourself!"

Kingfisher rolled her eyes at the lounging stallion and shot a disapproving glance at the bottle before turning her attention to Pavisa.

"Pavisa." She said slowly, as if sampling how the name felt to say or how to correctly pronounce it. "I make sure the cap'n stays in one piece."

Not having anything else to say, she simply paused and waited for the other two to speak again.

"She does not speak much but a finer companion you could not find!" Red declared to break the awkward pause. "So you are to accompany us into the unknown then? Do you know what we seek?"

@

Pavisa smiled as they introduced themselves.  She'd decided there could be worse companions for an assignment like this: the captain seemed friendly enough, and though Kingfisher was quiet Pavisa had liked her description of her job.  She blinks and brings her attention back to the conversation at hand as Red asks her about their objective, placing a hoof on top of her helmet.

"My briefing only mentioned something about a potentially dangerous book, and that I should be prepared for a long journey."  The mare tilts her head slightly, inspecting the other two.  "Is there something I should know other than that, or is that the short and sweet version?"  She really didn't know more about the mission than that, but...  If a party like this is being sent after this supposed book, maybe it's more important than I thought?  

((Sorry I'm late guys, I just got back from school))

Sand Veil ran towards where she was supposed to meet up with some other ponies. Hopefully I don't have to talk to them too much... She thought. She hated talking to other ponies, especially when she didn't know them. Also... I wonder what they're going to comment on first, my lack of a cutie mark or the fact that I don't talk... She wondered. She found the group and joined them silently.

Aphelion was walking though Ponyville.He was admiring the scenry and ponies and went towards a statue in the park. He looked at it. The saute of pony was holding Celestia's flag,but he passed rolled his eyes.

"Luna is better than Celestia", he said quietly 

"I agree", he said to himself

All in all he was craving for an adventure,but everywhere he looked there wasn't one . That was because of what he read of the newspaper of the element of harmony, he quite jealous of Twilight knowing Luna. He kicked a rock in frustration before continuing on walking.

@,

Redwave gave a snort of laughter.

"Oh yes, a book..." He said. "A relic, an artifact if you will and yes, quite dangerous if misused. More so than you might imagine. I shall explain further once we start our journey but suffice to say we do indeed have some distance to travel - some distance many times over perhaps."

Kingfisher rolled her eyes.

"You get used to how he talks..." She grunted before her head snapped around at the sound of hoofsteps somewhere behind her.

@,

"Got another 'un Cap'n." She said in a warning tone, more out of habit than genuine concern, stepping aside rather than greeting the mare herself. He was the talker - the charismatic one - after all.

Sauntering past Pavisa, Redwave waved the newcomer over.

"I assume we do not simply have morning wanderers just happen to cross our path?" He called out.

@,

Aphrodite

"Ugh, another new place, another new problem. This better be worth it or I'm going to drop this whole mission," Aphrodite said to herself, taking in the unfamiliar scent about her. She trotted about the town for a bit until she found the designated location she was told to report to. "So these are the ponies I'm supposed to be in a group with? Looks pretty pathetic to me. I should give them a chance though, out of pity. It'd be useful for them to have somepony like me on their team. They're lucky enough to even have me show up!"

"This is the group I am supposed to be, ugh, associating with for a couple of months? I'm Aphrodite. You don't need to even bother telling me your names, I don't need to know them," Aphrodite said sternly to the group. "Thank me for coming here, you're all very lucky I'm here. You NEED me here."

@@@,

Pavisa studied the newcomers to the group intently as Redwave went to meet them, quietly gathering up her mane and putting her helmet back on while she was left alone.  This might be more important than I thought...  Either that or he was exaggerating.  

With the captain distracted with the new ponies Pavisa stepped over next to Kingfisher.  She smiled at the other pony, but didn't bother her with talk.  She didn't know why, but she liked the cyan mare's no nonsense personality.  If she wasn't much of a talker, Pavisa wasn't going to bug her.  She instead busied herself by examining the newcomers.  So the quiet one wasn't even going to announce she was here?  And the unicorn, Aphrodite?  She seems...  Who am I kidding, she's going to be tough to get along with...

Pavisa sighed and sat down, deciding to focus on keeping her armor clean while waiting for the group to get ready.  She pulled an old, oiled rag out of one of her saddlebags and started to run it over the flares of her leg armor, pretending to focus on the task while still listening to the rest of the group.

@,

Aphrodite

"Ugh, another new place, another new problem. This better be worth it or I'm going to drop this whole mission," Aphrodite said to herself, taking in the unfamiliar scent about her. She trotted about the town for a bit until she found the designated location she was told to report to. "So these are the ponies I'm supposed to be in a group with? Looks pretty pathetic to me. I should give them a chance though, out of pity. It'd be useful for them to have somepony like me on their team. They're lucky enough to even have me show up!"

"This is the group I am supposed to be, ugh, associating with for a couple of months? I'm Aphrodite. You don't need to even bother telling me your names, I don't need to know them," Aphrodite said sternly to the group. "Thank me for coming here, you're all very lucky I'm here. You NEED me here."

The new mare angered Sand already, but she refused to say anything. Need you?! Why the buck would we need someone as arrogant and annoying as you? She wondered silently. She was on the edge of saying it, but she didn't need to anger anyone yet, not if she had to work with them.

Midnight Sky walked through the streets of Canterlot keeping a brisk pace as his friend Blizzard Blitz followed close behind. Earlier he had been helping his pegasus friend practice his flying when a letter had arrived. The message described how his assistance was requested on a mission to hunt down a magic tome in some far off place, and Midnight just couldn't refuse. Even though Blizzard hadn't been invited, he had followed Midnight to Canterlot claiming that he didn't want his friend to go on some long quest without a familiar face, and Midnight had agreed to let the pegasus come along. With the help of Blizzard, they eventually found the statue they were supposed to find, one that showed a famous Equestria unicorn mage named Starswirl the Bearded, and saw that several others were already there.

"Looks like there's some tension revolving around that unicorn there. You sure we should trust these ponies?" Blizzard asked quietly as they got closer to the group. "I'm never sure, I guess we'll just have to wait and see. One of them looks to be from the guard, so it can't be all bad." Midnight replied, falling quiet now that they were within earshot of the group. "Soo, I assume you're all here for the same reason I am?" Midnight asked the group of ponies, Blizzard landing beside him and looking over the ponies critically.

@

Red blinked and shook his head.

'Huh. She's like me. If I was a mare. Without any charisma at all.'

He smirked to himself: at the very least she was no doubt going to rile up the guard - that would be entertaining to watch. Twirling the bottle of brandy and taking another drink, he dropped it back into place.

"Truly, one has never shown such a way with words!" He declared with a flourishing bow, causing Kingfisher to tense beside Pavisa. She knew well enough when her captain was likely to get into trouble. 

"Aphrodite?" Red continued. "Please, come join us and I shall endeavor not to overshadow you too excessively with my wit and charm."

@,

Aphrodite

"Wit and charm? I'm here to do a job, not cuddle." The mare scoffed at the white stallion. "Alright, let's see here.. we're expecting more ponies? I can't wait much longer, I have a schedule here and.. oh, nevermind." Aphrodite sighed, reluctantly turning back to Redwave. "I may be the best there is out of this group, but I have manners. You were saying?"

Rakon flew over to a place near Canterlot.  He then landed on a cloud.  He then reached into one of his many belt pouches & took out  a piece of paper.  It had some writing on it and a map.   He looked up from the paper to look around, seeing the castle he turned the map so the castle on the map was the same direction on the map as it was where he was.  He then studied the map to get his bearings and took off heading to the meeting place on the map once he had put away the map. 

He still had no idea why his mother had asked him to come here.  She had only said she had gotten a request and though he was old enough.  She didn't say where it had come from but mentioned she would be to large to go to the meeting place why not he go instead and he thought why not.  Not like Pony cities would likely be dangerous, not that he knew much a lot ponies.

He saw that there were some ponies already gathered at the meeting place.  Thinking they may find a dragon, even one of his size, as an odd sight he thought it best to land not to far off and walk the short distance there.

A scarlet blur sped across the plains of Equestria, as Blasted Nova, the fastest earth pony in the land, jetted off to his destination. Early in the morning, he was given a notice to meet a pony named 'Redwave' at a specific destination. Without wasting time, Blast immediately sped out of his house and made his way there.

"Redwave, huh? Looks like I'm gonna be working with a group again." He thought. "Oh well. Time to set off on a new adventure!" His heart filled with confidence as he continued on his way.

@,

Blast eventually made it to the destination to see Redwave, along with a few other ponies. They must've gotten the same exact notice that he did.

"Blasted Nova at your service, Redwave." He said with a smirk. "I got a notice to meet you here. What's the problem? Monsters? Magic? Monsters AND magic?" He asked.

Edited by Stevenearthpony

Sand merely watched the group, figuring out what the other ponies were like. She was fine with all the ponies except one, who she assumed was the stupidest.

@,

Aphrodite

"Wit and charm? I'm here to do a job, not cuddle." The mare scoffed at the white stallion. "Alright, let's see here.. we're expecting more ponies? I can't wait much longer, I have a schedule here and.. oh, nevermind." Aphrodite sighed, reluctantly turning back to Redwave. "I may be the best there is out of this group, but I have manners. You were saying?"

"You know, being that overconfident is gonna get you killed eventually..." She commented quietly. She hadn't expected the first thing she said to be mean, but it was too late to turn back now.

@,

"A most kind gesture, If I may say." Redwaves eyes twinkled sarcastically, but his smirk never changed. It was all in fun: somepony worth sparring with verbally.

@,

"I dare say overconfidence has brought me nothing but good things in the past, there is naught wrong with it, when founded in truth."

He made a very obvious display of glancing back at Aphrodite.

"What truth there may be, remains to be seen."

@,

@@Icy Void,

@@Kulstor,

"Fisher!" He barked. "Check there's no pony lurking around lost in the land-locked disaster they call a city. I have a story to tell our new 'friends' and would rather not have need to tell it twice."

The mare nodded.

"Aye Cap'n!" She agreed, moving away to find any ponies in the area who looked likely to be of use, her glare lingering on Aphrodite for a few seconds as she moved away.

@,

It seemed as if Redwave had departed without him, as he couldn't find him anywhere on the land. He would just simply run through the city and track them down, but he didn't want to risk getting himself lost. He then saw a mare in the distance. Maybe she would have some answers.

"Hey, you there!" He called out. "Have you seen a pony named Redwave anywhere?" He asked.

Rakon paused once he saw the group of ponies.  This may be the area he was supposed to go.  He quickly took out the paper and glanced at it then up.  Yes, this was diffidently the right spot.  He put the paper away and continued to walk towards the group, not wanting to spook or frighten them since he heard some ponies didn't feel easy around dragons. 

Chivalry Knight was walking with an apple in his mouth and a joyful stride. He bit the apple and caught it as if fell before it hit the floor. He chewed the apple piece and smirked out of excitement. 'Heh, Hope I'm not too late. It would seem i forgot to get up at the right time.' Chivalry thought to himself.

A small piece of paper was hanging out of his satchel halfway close to falling out. He lifted up the apple close to his mouth and was about to take another bite of his apple until he saw something in the distance.

@@@Kulstor,
Chivalry smirked and threw the apple in the air. He then quickly turn around and bucked the apple with extreme force towards Rakon's head. The apple missed his head by an inch and was headed straight for Redwave.

((Kinda hoping He'll catch it XD))

It was more than apparent that Aero still had the old side of adventure to him. After receiving the mysterious letter (of which he had no idea of how one might know of him), the temptation of a journey was too much for him to pass up. He had said his goodbyes to the farmhands back outside Canterlot almost a full day ago before he finally arrived in the celestial city. It was because he decided to trot his way there rather than fly. Besides, his legs needed a stretch. Aero Strongheart, from past experience, knew to travel light: only bringing what he needed such as food and water. He couldn't resist, however, bringing his old Storma attire to act as a symbol to changing his life again: a crimson, maroon robe equipped with a decorated steel breastplate and gauntlets. He refused to wear his old helmet in that it might attract more attention than he wanted.

@

Giving his wings one last stretch, Aero walked slowly towards the group of ponies that had gathered. He tried to mind his own business as he saw many of them were already...'getting along.' With a respectful bow...Huh, haven't done this in a while...he nodded towards Kingfisher, believing her to be the organizer of the group in respect to her composed and stern posture. "I hope I am not too late. The roads here are much less traveled than the railroads," he said with a calm smirk. It couldn't hurt for them to know your name. It's not like anypony around here has been to Storma. Aero rubbed his hoof on the ground kindly, "I am Aero Strongheart."

Edited by Aero Orchard

Pavisa pulled her helmet on tighter as even more of their party began to arrive.  Sitting by herself once Kingfisher left to round up any stragglers, she was fairly confident that she wasn't attracting all that much attention.  Not over Redwave and Aphrodite, surely.  It was the perfect position to study the others as they approached, and it just reassured her that they assumed she was another armored stallion.

She was still pretending to focus on cleaning her armor, though her main priority was evaluating her new comrades.  Pegasi, earth ponies, unicorns...  Wait, was that a dragon!?  She pretended not to notice still, but her mind was racing.  This has got to be the most rag-tag group I've ever heard of for a task like this...  Did somepony just write for help from who ever was available?  It really didn't matter in the end; this was supposed to be an important mission, and she'd do her best to keep all of them safe.  As random as the group was starting to seem, maybe there was just some kind of method to the chaos she wasn't seeing...

@

Aphrodite

"What're you looking at, pipsqueak?" Aphrodite said with a tinge of nervousness in her voice, but still kept her voice bold and firm. "You're the leader of this troop, eh? It'd be a lot better if I helped, I mean, I did have 6 years straight in wilderness training.." Aphrodite said, her face seemingly close to the stallion's.