Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Beyond these Walls: An adventure through Equestria. (Applications open!)

The Elusive Cinder

@

As the two mares raced ahead to inspect the potential camp site, Pavisa did her best to lead them to the clearing she had spied earlier.  It wasn't too tricky to find, and soon she had lead them right to the clearing.  "So...  You and the Captain have known each other for some time?"  The guard started to make a slow loop around the clearing while she spoke, keeping a wary eye on the surroundings.

"I overheard some of the others before, they seem to think it's a good idea if we were to split into multiple groups.  Do you think we will?"  She kicked a log off to the side, but so far the site seemed safe enough.  So much as she could tell, at least.

@,@@Icy Void,@,

Crimson's words were very intimidating to Aero and only instigated his old anger to rise...however, such threats and insults didn't need to be returned. With silence and another quick respectful nod to Crimson, Aero turned to the others, shaking his head in irritation before slowing his breaths as he attempted to quell his rising anger. He then looked upon Midnight and Aphrodite with renewed faith. "You both are wise to recognize the disorientation of our group yet hold true to our purpose," a slight smile appeared on his face, "I look forward to traveling with you both and hope that the others may benefit from your presences."

Edited by Aero Orchard

@,

Aphrodite

Aphrodite, looking back at the captain talking to that.. well, that Pavisa mare, from what she heard, and Kingfisher at his side. "Yeah, I'm not so sure about trusting him, either. But hey, we're stuck with him until we get that Litany is Magic book. I mean, he's a sea captain and he might take off with the treasure, I have my doubts that he wouldn't. We'll just have to get to the book before he does, or.. well, anyway, we'll just have to get to know him better." The mare gave a kind smile to the stallion, which wasn't anything you could see from Aphrodite everyday. She trotted up ahead to scout around for a campsite.

@,

"I guess.. I look forward to it, too. Thanks," Aphrodite said emotionless. A tentative smile appeared on Aphrodite's face for a split second, but then her bold attitude brushed it away.

Edited by Shaymin

(edited)

@,

Redwave simply glared for a moment longer before checking ahead of them. His navigator was gone, as was the guard. They would be fine, probably scouting or foraging or something equally useful.

Sighing in resignation, he shook the bottle and held it up to the light to see the amount remaining inside the dark bottle before dropping it into place without drinking any.

"Let us simply do what we must and find something to drink..." He grumbled.

@,

"Long as I care to remember." She grunted as she stood in the center of the clearing and looked about at the slowly darkening sky. Much as she could put on the facade for the benefit of her captain, she only know what she had read in books during the night when it came to traveling on hoof: one camp was as good as the next to the best of her knowledge - not that she would let it show.

Kicking at the dust as she squinted through the trees near the camp, she shrugged. "Stupid idea. We're s'posed to stop the thing being used. It's here, now - cant watch it from over there."

Edited by Cinderscribe

Crimson capped his flask and laughed at Redwaves words, "now that's the spirit! now your starting to sound like a pirate captain! here, have a swig of this..." said Crimson before tossing Redwave the flask, "try some, its my friends batch of rum, its great!" said Crimson as he adjusted his hat.

@,@,

Blast reached into his packed saddlebag. He packed up before heading out on this quest, so he was able to spare some resources, but not too many.

"If you guys need some extra drinking water, I can spare a little bit." Blast spoke up. "You need some, Crimson? Red?"

Aero sighed briefly as he walked ahead by a little, his armor gleaming in the setting sun. He knew he was one of the odd ones out of the bunch and shouldn't have gotten involved. It all appeared to end well though as the three ponies seemed to have resolved their dispute. Letting his wings loose, Aero flew up high to obtain sight of the two mares who had left. It had been so long since he had flown. The wind that brushed across his mane calmed him but reminded him of his home...he shook the thought from his head as he descended back to the ground, keeping his head low as he listened to the land around him. "Pacem nobiscum..." he mumbled the tongue of his kin wistfully.

Edited by Aero Orchard

@,

(( OOC: Such a beautiful post! :( ))

Aphrodite

"Hey, you okay there? Hello? HELLOOOO?" Aphrodite asked. "Nevermind. I'll go find a campsite myself. Doesn't seem like anypony is going to be much of any help.." Aphrodite rolled her eyes and trotted down a trail. "Nopony understands me."

@

"Hmm.  Must be nice having somepony to count on like that."  Pavisa delivered a swift buck to a dead tree that looked about to collapse, helping it along its way.  She was going through a mental checklist as she went through the camp, making sure it was safe both from potential attack and from potential accidents.  Just because she hadn't been sent far from Canterlot didn't mean she didn't pay attention during her training.  "I hope we don't have to split up.  It's going to be difficult enough to coordinate one group, and nopony knows each other well enough to properly balance each group..."

The guardpony let out a sigh and glanced around the clearing again.  "I think that should be enough, this is an adequate campsite.  Shall we go wave down the others?"

@,

Aero's trance was broken as he saw Aphrodite go off down a different trail. The group was already splitting? He quickly flew down the trail she traveled and found her within a few seconds. He tried to make his presence obvious by landing on the ground noticably before bowing respectfully to Aphrodite, "Forgive me, I was lost in my thoughts...You shouldn't trouble yourself in finding a camp for our company. The two mares ahead of us seem to have already sought one out for us." He looked at her sagely, trying to read her expression while hoping she wouldn't resort back to her selfish nature.

@,

Blast just shrugged and put his water away. He then ran up to Aphrodite and walked by her side.

"What exactly were you trying to find again? A campsite? It looks like you might want some help in that pursuit." He then took out his water canteen. "Want some? I got plenty to spare." He asked, smiling.

@Blazing Hoof

Rakon watched the ponies seeming to be all fighting each other, shaking his head but staying out of their conversation and arguing  He then turned back to Blazing Hoof, "I think if this keeps up the group will fall apart.  As for if any one is the one who the group can not live without.  I think we are all important,  no one more then any other.  But if this continues the group will fall apart due to in fighting and friction." he said, using the claws of his fingers to demonstrate his point by having them pretend to be fighting each other for a few seconds.  "I do hope it smooths out soon." he said.

@,

Watching the pirate with a distinct doubt, Redwave took a drink of the Rum - he had never enjoyed it before and now was no different, but the edge and the burn was a welcome change from his regular choice. He flicked the flask back.

"... My thanks. 'Fisher and Pavisa should have someplace ahead planned out by now. Let us hurry this along."

@,

"Aye. They wont be far." Kingfisher nodded, returning to the side of her current companion. She thought for a moment of her other statement regarding her companion. "I suppose you could say it is. Wouldn't hurt for him to lay off the booze recently but... I wouldn't want anypony else watching my back."

She remained quiet for another moment before realizing that she wasn't supposed to be talking to the mare about things like that: she was supposed to be finding camp.

"C'mon, lets bring 'em here. Looks safe enough." She quickly added, setting off back towards the group.

@

Pavisa stayed quiet but smiled at the other mare, following after her back to the group.  "First night the group's going to spend together.  Five bits that we're at least one short by morning?"  She smirked at the other mare, trying to lighten the mood after Kingfisher's earlier insight about Redwave.  She wasn't normally the type to make idle bets, especially on something as important as their party members...  But, she thought that mimicing the cyan mare's behavior from earlier would help her relax.

@Blazing Hoof

Rakon watched the ponies seeming to be all fighting each other, shaking his head but staying out of their conversation and arguing  He then turned back to Blazing Hoof, "I think if this keeps up the group will fall apart.  As for if any one is the one who the group can not live without.  I think we are all important,  no one more then any other.  But if this continues the group will fall apart due to in fighting and friction." he said, using the claws of his fingers to demonstrate his point by having them pretend to be fighting each other for a few seconds.  "I do hope it smooths out soon." he said.

((Don't you mean Sand Veil?))

"I agree. With the way things are looking, our group's worst enemy is itself." Sand said. She was becoming more talkative, but only because she agreed with someone for once. "We need them to work together and understand that they're equally important." She added, getting louder at the end so that the rest of the group could hear.

@Blazing Hoof

Rakon nods. "I hope the realize that sooner rather then later."  He said looking at some of the others.  "I'm unsure of if that is possible for this group or not." He said.  He reached into a pouch and took out a small ruby.  "You want some?" He asked, thinking it was good to offer the one person he seemed to be becoming friends with some food before he ate a gem or 2 himself.  Looking around he didn't see any gems so thought to make his gems last longer he may have to eat some rocks, and other things. 

@Blazing Hoof

Rakon nods. "I hope the realize that sooner rather then later."  He said looking at some of the others.  "I'm unsure of if that is possible for this group or not." He said.  He reached into a pouch and took out a small ruby.  "You want some?" He asked, thinking it was good to offer the one person he seemed to be becoming friends with some food before he ate a gem or 2 himself.  Looking around he didn't see any gems so thought to make his gems last longer he may have to eat some rocks, and other things. 

"You can keep them, I've never really liked gems that much." Sand said. She knew that there were some ponies who loved gems for whatever reason, and she didn't understand it. Maybe I just don't understand... She thought. She ignored it for the time being, more focused on her new friend.

(edited)

@,

"Now ya' gettin it!" She chided, sliding down a fairly steep embankment and landing heavily on her hooves. Wincing internally, she staggered for a couple of steps before regaining her composure and striding onwards until the group came back into view.

"See?" She smirked quickly before any of the others would see - it wasn't professional after all. "Everythin's fine if ya' give 'em a few minutes to stomp 'n' shout."

Edited by Cinderscribe

@,

Aphrodite

"Um, I guess I shouldn't. Thanks for letting me know." Aphrodite took a glance around and trotted towards a tree nearby and lied down.

@,

"No, no, it's okay. That stallion over there told me that two mares are already scouting for a campsite." Aphrodite wasn't at all used to all the male attention.. she's more used to them shouting at her! But she had to admit though, she didn't mind it..

Edited by Shaymin

@@@Kulstor

Aero was thankful the mare didn't blow up in his face as he sighed in relief before flying back to the others. He landed with a few trots and warily eyed the two pony captains to assure that they were still at terms with each other...luckily they were. Brushing his mane and looking to the sun that was almost below the horizon, Aero turned towards the pony and dragon companions still waiting with the others. They seemed harmless for the most part, giving Aero barely noticeable grin as he trotted over to them. Bowing quickly, as it was getting a little repetitive, he met the pairs eyes, "Ave my friends...I do not believe I have had the honor of meeting either of you yet."

Edited by Aero Orchard

@Blazing Hoof @Aero Orchard

"Ok, if you are sure." Rakon said.  he then ate the ruby, to help tide him over till mealtime since he felt slightly hungry.  He looked at the pony approaching them, waving since he seemed friendly.  "Hello,  my name's Rakon.  I do home the fighting doesn't continue for the whole trip." He said looking at some of the others around them.

@@Kulstor,

Aero smiled kindly, "Well met friend, and I highly doubt it will. These ponies appear to simply be getting used to each other...Rakon." He began to size the dragon up with good intention. "You are a questionable addition to this alliance though...You haven't heard of the Pegasi of Storma by chance have you?

Crimson nodded and grabbed his flask from Redwave, quietly following the group and listening to everything they said, causing him to shake his head in disappointment in himself, "oh great...I came off as an idiot to an entire group of ponies and one dragon...again...*sigh* maybe they're right...I've gotta stop running my damn mouth and concentrate on saving equestria...but that may be a little difficult, seeing as most of these ponies see me as just another fool...but they'll see soon enough...they'll see that I'm not just another thief or warrior...but a hero!" thought Crimson with a slight smirk before falling back behind everyone else to watch they're backs, as he did so, he quietly sang a song to keep his spirits up, "One more depending on a prayer
And we all look away
People pretending everywhere
It's just another day
There's arrows flying through the air
And they still carry on
We watch it happen over there
And then just turn it off

(Hey, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah)
We must stand together
There's no getting even
Hoof in hoof forever
That's when we all win
That's, that's, that's when we all win

They tell us everything's allright
And we just go along
How can we fall asleep at night?
When something's clearly wrong
When we could feed a starving world
With what we throw away
But all we serve are empty words
That always taste the same

We must stand together
There's no getting even
Hoof in hoof forever
That's when we all win

The right thing to guide us
Is right here, inside us
No one can divide us
When the light is leading on
But just like a heartbeat
The drumbeat carries on

And the drumbeat carries on
(Just like a heartbeat)

We must stand together
There's no getting even
Hoof in hoof forever
That's when we all win
That's, that's, that's when we all win!" Crimson finished the song with a smile, now in a better mood as he kept a close watch on everyone, still watching they're backs.

((song and lyrics both by Nickel Back, song: When we stand together.

NOTE: Crimson whispered this song to himself and was in the back of the group, so unless you have an interesting post having to do with Crimson's singing, they didn't hear him...))

Edited by ragestar

@Blazing Hoof @Aero Orchard

"Ok, if you are sure." Rakon said.  he then ate the ruby, to help tide him over till mealtime since he felt slightly hungry.  He looked at the pony approaching them, waving since he seemed friendly.  "Hello,  my name's Rakon.  I do home the fighting doesn't continue for the whole trip." He said looking at some of the others around them.

@@Kulstor,

Aero smiled kindly, "Well met friend, and I highly doubt it will. These ponies appear to simply be getting used to each other...Rakon." He began to size the dragon up with good intention. "You are a questionable addition to this alliance though...You haven't heard of the Pegasi of Storma by chance have you?

Sand Veil instantly returned to being her silent self. She was okay with talking to a dragon, but when other ponies were around, she wasn't going to say a word. Questionable addition? What is that supposed to mean? She wondered. She was about to ask, but she didn't, just watched the conversation silently.

@,

Blast smiled at the mare. She seemed nice enough, even though she kind of started out as a little negative.

"I guess that since we're all stuck with each other, I should introduce myself." Blast extended his hoof to the mare. "My name is Blasted Nova. Just call me Blast. And you are?" He asked her.