Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Beyond these Walls: An adventure through Equestria. (Applications open!)

The Elusive Cinder

"Do you perceive this also, Kingfisher? We sleep well tonight, though I fear we may be only only ones if each of these each get their way." Redwave chuckled aloud.

"Aye." Added Kingfisher in a deadpan voice: paying no attention to her companions mirth. She usually took last watch and while she wasn't stupid enough to turn down a full night of sleep, it was going to be unusual waking up to daylight.

@,@,

Blast chuckled along. He knew that what he was saying was pretty obvious. He just wanted to sound a little bit smart.

"Yeah, I guess it's pretty much just out of instinct for that." He smirked. "Number two; survival skills. These are built overtime if you go adventurering a lot or just go out to look for adventures like me. Hold on just a bit, Aphrodite. I'm gonna go ask to leave for a bit." Blast walked away from his set up tent and walked to Red. "Yo, red, I'm gonna go find some firewood so we can make a fire for us. Is that cool?" He asked.

@,

Silver Heart trailed behind Aero as she walked towards the camp. She paused to listen to Crimson's little speech but decided to ignore it for the attention seeking it came off as us, after all if he really wanted to make up for his behavior he should have just acted better instead of making a large deal with it. Looking for someone to talk to Silver Heart noticed a mare removing her armor. Knowing from experience how difficult it could be to remove armor Silver Heart approached her, "Would you like some help with that?" she asked quietly, in case drawing attention would embarass the mare.

With a happy sigh, Aero plopped to a sit at the site, kicking his hooves out thankfully. The lightning bugs were already starting to come out as the trees rustled to get their last bit of light before their nightly slumber. Aero itched his head tiredly before reaching into his small sack. A quiet ting revealed that he had found what he was looking for. Revealed from the sack, the Storma knife reflected what little sight there was left. It was very clean and well crafted about the hilt. Aero looked his reflection in the blade. ''Well...we're here...I hope we will find what we're looking for Aero.'' he mumbled quietly.

@,

"Indeed, try to bring enough to last the whole night - it burns quickly this wood." Red shrugged casually - back to his cocky, self assured self now. "And do not tempt fate by being out after nightfall, if you would."

Kingfisher nodded silently: watching the colt. He was an idiot, but so in all fairness was her captain on occasion. The guard seemed to be having some kind of trouble also: To Kingfisher she actually didn't seem to understand the whole 'guard' thing very well - she seemed thoroughly decent, respectful and willing to get her hooves dirty.

It was a good thing.

@@SilverHeart

Pavisa started to turn around, words coming out of her mouth before she even realized what was happening.  "Just because I'm not one of you idiots doesn't mean I can't -"  As she saw Silver Heart and realized what she had been saying, Pavisa quickly clamped a hoof over her mouth and looked away in embarrassment.  She quickly looked back at the other mare, her ears drooping.  "I'm so sorry!  That was reflex, I...  I'm used to hearing that question as an insult from the idiots I went through training with!"  Blushing from her outburst she quickly smiles at Silver Heart, trying to fix her poor introduction.  "I actually could use some help, if you don't mind...  I'm Pavisa, by the way."  

@,

Aphrodite

A bit surprised at Blast's abrupt leave, Aphrodite just muttered, "Sure, you can go." Aphrodite climbed up a tree and sat there in hiding. She knew she was one of the only ponies who knew how to climb trees, so surely nopony will find her.. except pegasi. She just wanted to be alone for now.

"Very well, but I would appreciate it if you refrained from calling me 'prince', I have a lot of bad memories tied to that title." Midnight said to Crimson before heading back over to his shelter. Using his magic, Midnight quickly removed his armor and laid it neatly within his little shelter. He doubted, or at least hoped, that he wouldn't need to be armored this late.

"Whatever you say, but I think I'll stand guard overnight too, just to feel secure." Blizzard said, still not entirely trusting Crimson and was determined to make sure nothing went wrong with their group overnight. Deciding he would keep watch easier from the sky, Blizzard flew up and found a cloud of just the right size to use as a platform and a bed, and brought it to float above the campsite. "Tonight we'll see just how trustworthy some of our companions are." Blizzard muttered to himself from his perch on the cloud.

@,

Rakon watched as Sand went to get them some firewood, wondering if he should mention someone going with Sand.  Then he started to clear an area for a fire, making sure it was a circle with only dirt in it.  Then he gathered some rocks, eating some of them, placing the rest in a circle.  Then he made sure to clear an area around where his and Sand's fire would be.  No sense in having the fire spread, he thought to himself. 

@

Blast jetted off into the green forest without saying a word and took out a woodcutters ax. He hoped that the other ponies or creatures that passed through wouldn't mind him cutting down a couple of trees. He started with a weak-looking tree and began wacking at that. Within a couple of minutes, he cut down the tree and began cutting it into small logs that he could easily carry back. He began carrying the logs back, one at a time. 

"Hope no one heard that tree fall..." He muttered to himself, wondering if anypony heard.

@,

Rakon watched as Sand went to get them some firewood, wondering if he should mention someone going with Sand.  Then he started to clear an area for a fire, making sure it was a circle with only dirt in it.  Then he gathered some rocks, eating some of them, placing the rest in a circle.  Then he made sure to clear an area around where his and Sand's fire would be.  No sense in having the fire spread, he thought to himself. 

Sand took her time collecting firewood, happy to have her thoughts back. "Why do my thoughts just scatter when I'm around him? Clearly something's wrong here..." She said to herself. She assumed it could just be the fact that she had a natural attraction (Not sure how to say that friendship wise) to dragons, seeing as she grew up with more dragons than ponies.

(OOC: For this post I'm going to assume that the armor ponies use have te same names as human armor.)

@@SilverHeart,

Pavisa started to turn around, words coming out of her mouth before she even realized what was happening. "Just because I'm not one of you idiots doesn't mean I can't -" As she saw Silver Heart and realized what she had been saying, Pavisa quickly clamped a hoof over her mouth and looked away in embarrassment. She quickly looked back at the other mare, her ears drooping. "I'm so sorry! That was reflex, I... I'm used to hearing that question as an insult from the idiots I went through training with!" Blushing from her outburst she quickly smiles at Silver Heart, trying to fix her poor introduction. "I actually could use some help, if you don't mind... I'm Pavisa, by the way."

Pavisa's reaction took Silver by surprise and left momentarily stunned. "Err..n-no, it's quite alright. I should have introduced myself first." Silver Heart did her best to force a smile, "Speaking of which my name is Silver Heart. It's nice to meet you, Pavisa. And I'd be glad to help you with your armor."

Silver Heart used her magic to remove Pavisa's armor. "You keep your armor in good condition. Do you clean it every day or are you lucky enough to have had your armor enchanted?" Silver Heart asked as she inspected Pavisa's gorget and pauldrons before setting the next to her helmet.

((Way to leave me in the dust KUbAnTY.png ))

Chivalry was the last to make it to the campsite. He looked over at all the ponies who were there, they all seemed to be scattered and some were missing. He looked over at Crimson who was Staring off into the distance, and walked over to him silently, hoping he wouldn't notice Chivalry. Chivalry then lightly bonked him Crimson's head with his hoof. "Hey there Crim, whatcha staring at?" Chivalry asked nonchalantly, and then continued to speak before Crimson could answer. "And another thing" Chivalry then whacked Crimson in the back of the head. "I don't like being ignored, yeah? So next time, try to be a bit more thoughtful." Chivalry warned Crimson. Then Chivalry started to walk back to the campsite.

Steel was hunting down a target somehow they had found out about the hit and that kissed steel off because hecwas hunting a crime lord they always had a plan to escape and go infer the radar steel seen him running "got you now"steel said before dive-bombing him and stabbing him in the shoulder he yelled out in pain before steel slit his throat once steel cleaned his blade of he began to loot the body he found four small viles and four unused needles he had found a black market healing agent that was simply called god hr out it in his bag

((just joining and the yell of the crime boss would be loud enough for your group to hear I have approval to join ))

Edited by dashian500

Sand Veil collected a bit more wood before going back to the campsite. "I got it." She said, placing the wood near where the fire was going to be. Of course, the minute she returned her thoughts had scattered again, but she wasn't going to pay too much attention to it yet. I'll be fine if I just stay focused and do what I'm told to do. She thought.

Edited by Blazing Hoof

@,

(( OOC: New character, yay! Everyone read this; it's a bit of foreshadowing! ))

Willow Starsinger

"Orion, do you really think we should be heading this way?" The unsure mare asked, taking in the scenery about her: dark, spooky, she heard ponies' talking and laughter in the distance. She didn't want to be spotted now, what with her brother being miraculously powerful and she wouldn't know WHAT to do if they're spotted. She eventually spotted the source of the chatter, a group of ponies. From what she heard, she heard talk about the Litany is Magic book, and even about killing Orion. "We have trouble."

Aphrodite

"Ugh, what's taking that Blast so long? It doesn't take that long to get firewood.. I should go set out and find him."

• Brohoof 1

"Don't worry little sister: I won't let anything happen to you." Orion smiled fondly down at his kin. "Nothing can harm you now. Not ever again."

His eye twitched, it's gaze piercing the gloom ahead of them as the two made their way through the trees.

"I promise: nothing will harm us again..." He winced in pain as his headache flared up. "Nggh..."

"Don't worry, I'll be watching out for you."

@,

Rakon smiled as he saw Sand coming back, "Glad you're back." He said,  He got some of the firewood and put it into the area he had put aside and made ready for there to be a fire complete with stones around it.  He then used a small puff of his dragon breath to start the fire.  "There, now we have a nice fire to help keep us warm if it gets cold tonight." He said to her as he looked over at her.

((Way to leave me in the dust img-1921531-1-KUbAnTY.png ))

Chivalry was the last to make it to the campsite. He looked over at all the ponies who were there, they all seemed to be scattered and some were missing. He looked over at Crimson who was Staring off into the distance, and walked over to him silently, hoping he wouldn't notice Chivalry. Chivalry then lightly bonked him Crimson's head with his hoof. "Hey there Crim, whatcha staring at?" Chivalry asked nonchalantly, and then continued to speak before Crimson could answer. "And another thing" Chivalry then whacked Crimson in the back of the head. "I don't like being ignored, yeah? So next time, try to be a bit more thoughtful." Chivalry warned Crimson. Then Chivalry started to walk back to the campsite.

Crimson simply narrowed his eyes but kept them focused, "I'm on guard duty for the next week as a self induced punishment for making myself look like a fool...also, I'll try to keep that in mind...but don't hit me to make a point...I'm trying to pay attention..." said Crimson as he scanned the area, still not breaking concentration.

@,  

Willow Starsinger

"Are you sure? That group over there looks like they're trying to find.. well, the book." Willow said worriedly, looking up ahead at a clearing. "Should we approach them?" ​The mare asked, worrying for her brother's safety. 

@,@@Kulstor, @, @@Icy Void, @, @@SilverHeart, @, @,  @

(( OOC: Sorry if I missed anypony! ))

Aphrodite

Aphrodite scouted about the forest until she heard some unfamiliar voices in the distance. "What..?" Aphrodite wondered aloud. She quickly trotted back to the campsite. "Everypony! I heard some voices, come on! They might be able to help!"

Edited by Shaymin

@,

((OOC: LOL I already got back.))

Blast put the firewood on the grass and returned to Aphrodite. He didn't think that he was gone for too long, but she seemed to think so.

"Sorry about that, Aphrodite." He apologized. He then heard her come back and heard her starting to shout. She was saying something about some other ponies being nearby. "Well, I guess we should check it out. Let's go, Aphrodite!" Blast dropped the rest of thw wood and dashed into the forest with her.

"They could be able to help, that's true. Or they might be trying to lure us from our camp to rob us or they might be innocent ponies in trouble. They could even be the enemy that's also after the magic book, though I doubt we are that lucky, or it could have even been your imagination. I say we ignore it, we have more important things to worry about than voices in the night." Blizzard said in reply to Aphrodite before going back to standing guard on his cloud. In truth Blizzard planned to go and investigate the voices himself later, no need for those who were actually chosen for this mission to endanger or distract themselves like this, but better they didn't know. Although Blizzard was fairly certain Midnight Sky knew exactly what he planned, the two of them have been friends for long enough that the unicorn knew how Blizzard thought, but at least Midnight wasn't the kind to rat out his friends if they had foolish plans like his.

Sand didn't know what to do. She did think it was a trap of some sort, but at the same time it could be something completely different. It could be an innocent pony, or it could be a mysterious killer. I'll see what the rest of the group wants to do, and decide from there. She thought, waiting to see if anypony else was going to go.

Once steel finished looting the body he took flight, but then he seen a group of ponies he cursed and landed. He began to dig a shallow grave, once finished he lowered the body in and filled the grave in "now then I have to find out if they heard him when be yelled" steel said as he walked towerds the group and tired to keep out of sight

Once steel finished looting the body he took flight, but then he seen a group of ponies he cursed and landed. He began to dig a shallow grave, once finished he lowered the body in and filled the grave in "now then I have to find out if they heard him when be yelled" steel said as he walked towerds the group and tired to keep out of sight

Sand heard a noise off in the distance, and kicked a rock in the direction of it full force. It wasn't the best reaction, but after that scream she wasn't letting anyone or anything come near them. If it's a killer, and I miss, we've still got an entire group that can fight him off... She thought.

Edited by Blazing Hoof