Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Beyond these Walls: An adventure through Equestria. (Applications open!)

The Elusive Cinder

@

Chivalry bowed his head for a moment looking as if he were scanning the ground. "Wait... That's it! I just had another idea, Kingfisher!" Chivalry said as he pointed his hoof at Kingfisher. "Why don't you send Kingfisher with the group that goes to the mountains and you go with the group that goes to the falls, that way, both groups can be monitored and you wont have to worry, yeah?" Chivalry tried to show Redwave his good intentions. 

Edited by ChivalryKnight

@Blazing Hoof

"First time traveling with a group too?  I've traveled with my mother and some of her friends, sometimes a few dragons, but not a group this size.  Certainly never traveled with ponies much." He said.  He looked at the group, "And this one looks to be a pretty large group.  I can guess we'll have some problems, especially at the beginning with so many in one group.  Especially if multiple are use to having their own way or being leader." 

Crimson suddenly stepped out from behind a group of bushes, giving Redwave and his group a disappointed look, "ok, I've been following your little "team" here for the past few hours now, and from what I've seen... Redwave here, isn't exactly Mr. fearless leader, in fact, he seems to hate being near other ponies so much, that I'm questioning why he even calls himself a pirate captain! captain of what? an empty ship? that's just plain pathetic! and furthermore..." said Crimson before turning to Chivalry, "if the group splits up, then one of the groups would have to go without a navigator, you would be lost before nightfall! so trust me, bad idea!" Crimson then sighed heavily, silencing for a few moments and taking a swig from a small silver golden flask he pulled out from under his hat, before closing it and grinning at the group, "now that I got all that out of my system, my name is Captain Crimson Grinn, pirate captain of the ship, my pride and joy, the "Blaze of Glory." its a pleasure to meet you all, well...some of you I already know, but still! like I said before, Ive been following this merry little band of...adventurers...for quite a while now, just to make sure you were good enough for the job! how do I know of this job, you ask? well, I got this weird letter you see...but that's not the point! my point is...if all of you keep going like this, Mr. smiles and chuckles, over here, (points at Redwave) is gonna be driven crazy and you'll all most likely get yourselves killed...unless you have a skilled tactician, tracker and warrior like me that is..." said Crimson with a smirk.

((sorry for the long post guys, but I couldn't think of any other way than to introduce Crimson as the seemingly annoying, drunk and cocky, pirate captain, who's been stalking the group in search of adventure! but if this post is unacceptable, then please tell me and I will change it...))

@,
@,

They argued a very valid point but knowing that he might not be the one to find the Litany... He was Redwave - He had a reputation to maintain! Not to mention the lack of knowledge of exactly how dangerous this was likely to be...

"Listen! We shall discuss such frivolity later at..."

"Cap'n?"

"What now?" He snapped harshly.

Falling back to better speak her mind - something she usually refrained from doing - Kingfisher spoke up.

"Wouldn't hurt to send 'em ahead - cut off any ahead of us." She muttered. "Since we dunno how much of the thing he's read: use 'em as a shield to slow him down if we're late. We can spare a few lives for it..."

@,

"... send the ones who can't follow orders."
She said, glaring at Aphrodite out of the corner of her eye.

Red placed a hoof against his head as if pained.

"This is exactly why I sail without a crew! We shall discuss this tonight I say! Should you not be navigating?" He grunted.

@

Chivalry bowed his head for a moment looking as if he were scanning the ground. "Wait... That's it! I just had another idea, Kingfisher!" Chivalry said as he pointed his hoof at Kingfisher. "Why don't you send Kingfisher with the group that goes to the mountains and you go with the group that goes to the falls, that way, both groups can be monitored and you wont have to worry, yeah?" Chivalry tried to show Redwave his good intentions. 

Edited by ragestar

@,

Redwave stood stationary for several moments, almost as if about to attack the intruder. Instead however...

"... Never heard of you. We have a most excellent tactician, tracker and warrior... And might I say that was the single most wasted instance of a dramatic entrance I have ever seen." Said Red dismissively. "Though you are quite correct regarding my impeding sanity slippage." He added under his breath.

• Brohoof 1

@

Pavisa stopped as a new pony stepped out in front of the group, prepared to intercept him if it were some kind of ambush, but it didn't seem to be.  She waited until his speech was finished and until Redwave replied, then brushed past the newcomer in order to keep going down the road.  "And another one added to the roster" she muttered under her breath.

She was thinking about what the others had brought up, of possibly splitting the group.  I don't know if that's smart...  It seems sound, but how in Equestria are we going to balance this party up into smaller groups?  She glanced backwards to see if anypony were close enough to talk to, but it seemed as though Kingfisher had fallen back to speak with Redwave.  With a sigh the young guard turned her attention back to the road.  "Well, it's not like we're going to make it to the falls tonight anyways.  There's still time for somepony to decide on a plan."  

The bickering behind her didn't cause her much trouble, other than the small worry that somepony would decide to split her away from the main group.  She had her orders;  assist Captain Redwave in securing the Litany.  As far as she was concerned the stallion was her CO for this assignment, and the rest of the ponies arguing for leadership were just foals fighting over a toy.

@,

Redwave stood stationary for several moments, almost as if about to attack the intruder. Instead however...

"... Never heard of you. We have a most excellent tactician, tracker and warrior... And might I say that was the single most wasted instance of a dramatic entrance I have ever seen." Said Red dismissively. "Though you are quite correct regarding my impeding sanity slippage." He added under his breath.

Crimson was silent for a moment, standing completely still, the brim of his hat obscuring his eyes from view. All of a sudden, Crimson broke out laughing, "wow! you really do have some balls, don't ya kid? not many people would be so brave as to simply reply calmly to a known pirate, albeit your also a pirate and have never heard of me, and even go as far as to brush me off, like some unskilled bandit wannabe! but then again, I must not look very threatening...you know, with babbling on like this and seemingly being drunk...but oh well, you may not have heard of me, but I've never heard of you either...unless you count today anyway..." said Crimson with a shrug before taking another swig out of his flask. Crimson then gave Redwave an amused smirk, "so...are you gonna stand here and treat me like a nobody again? or should I just show you what I'm capable of?" said Crimson before unsheathing his cutlass, Helios, and resting it on his shoulder, "if you see me as so little of a threat...then try me, I'm not daring you, I'm ASKING one of you to try and attack me...as a challenge, to test if any of you are REALLY good enough to take on this kind of adventure..." said Crimson with a chuckle, waiting for a volunteer to step forward.

((sorry, he's a huge showoff and kind of hot headed at times...plus I'm bored...))

@,

Blast just caught wind of what this new stallion said. Maybe this could be a true test of his abilities. He really wanted to show Red just what he was capable of in a fight. More importantly, he wanted to see if this guy's words lived up to his abilities. He then turned to the stallion.

"Alright, buddy. I'll take you on. But I'll let you know that I don't think of you as a threat. I just want to see how good you really are. You seem to be very confident in yourself. Let's see if your skills can live up to all that boasting." He said with a cocky smirk.

@@,

(Haha now you understand almost everyone will accept your challenge XD ) 

Aero Strongheart, who up till now had remained silent for the most part, stepped forward as the sinews in his legs and wings readied themselves naturally. He bowed to Crimson in a sign of respect before starring warningly into the cocky stallion's eyes, while speaking to him and Blast both, "If you had no such business in assisting the motives of this group, pirate, than you should not have followed. Assist or spare us from your ignorant motives. And you who refers to himself as Blast," Aero turned to Blast, "You are wasting your abilities in an attempt to express your prowess to those who would not recognize it. Neither of you have reason to fight here either than your own overconfidence in your might. End this foolishness."

(OOC: be back in less than 3 hours)

Edited by Aero Orchard

@Blazing Hoof

"First time traveling with a group too?  I've traveled with my mother and some of her friends, sometimes a few dragons, but not a group this size.  Certainly never traveled with ponies much." He said.  He looked at the group, "And this one looks to be a pretty large group.  I can guess we'll have some problems, especially at the beginning with so many in one group.  Especially if multiple are use to having their own way or being leader." 

"That's what I don't like about these ponies, they all think they're absolutely necessary for us to survive." Sand said. "You're not like that, are you?" She asked. She was hoping Rakon wasn't like the rest of the group, that way she could have at least one friend for the time they were traveling.

@,

@,

"By the sisters..." Redwave raised a hoof to his face as the other pony stepped forward. "... I have no time for this... 'Fisher! Keep these idiots from killing each other! I have a purpose to fulfil and damned I shall be if I allow some fool with an alcohol problem stop me!"

He turned his back on the pair and trotted on ahead, rolling his eyes as he drunk deeply from the bottle of Brandy. "Anypony would think this was some kind of joke..." He muttered.

"Suggest ya' both stand down, while ya' have the choice." The mare instructed with a glare. "Now!"

Personally she would have enjoyed nothing more than to see the brawl - or so she told herself - but she knew her place: she did as Red instructed, as always.

@,

Blast turned around at Fisher and grunted. Getting used to these two was going to take some time. Not only was Redwave a major buzzkill, but so was his little assistant.

"Fine, if you want to take the fun out of everything, be my guest, Fish." He said in an annoyed tone. He caught up to the group and smacked Redwave across the back of the head, waiting to see how he'd react.

@,

Chivalry looked over at Blast and caught what he had just done to Redwave. "Gah! uh, now Red don't do anything you'll regret yeah? I-I'm sure what Blast just did was an accident you know?" Chivalry tried to talk to Redwave before he could react to the smack on the head.

@

Chivalry then turned to Crimson. "And you, all high and mighty. Don't you have any decency? I know that these ponies had a choice whether to fight with you or not but, seriously? Why come all the way out here just to blabber you mouth on how useless we are then try starting a fight? Hmph." Chivalry was smack talking to Crimson.

Edited by ChivalryKnight

@,@,

Blast just rolled his eyes. "Accident? Dude, nothing I ever do is accidental." He thought to himself, not wanting to set anyone off. "I do what I want, when I want, how I want to do it. Redwave should be counting himself lucky that I'm going along with him to help him recover this treasure that he's likely going to keep for himself. I could be out fighting giant beasts and helping out ponies in grave danger. Instead, I'm stuck on this little treasure hunt." He slowed down and began walking beside Chivalry. He looked a bit down and bored. "How long have we been walking to these falls? I'm really craving some action." He said, with a slight yawn.

Crimson gave the pony who bowed to him an unimpressed look, "well, for one thing freak...I'm not here to JUST show off...I'm actually here because I also want to stop that damned book from getting stolen...besides the letter, princess Luna also asked me to help you...I didn't have to, but I did...and for two...I there have been very...very many ponies, who have mistaken me for some simple minded drunken thief before...that...is a mistake..." crimson then looked straight into Aero's eyes, showing him to not only be completely sober, but also dead serious, "please...don't be one of those ponies..." said Crimson before sheathing Helios and cracking his neck, completely ignoring Chivalry's comments.

@,

Redwave froze for a second, but continued for a few more steps before rounding on the colt, scimitar pointed forward.

"If I cut you down, do you think it would be the shock, or the blood loss, that stopped the pain first?" He said coldly. "I pride myself on my lenience and good nature, but I will. Not. Tolerate. Mutiny. Are we clear?"

@,

Blast felt as if he should be scared, but he just gave a slight smirk and nodded.

"Whatever you say, Red." He said. But upon walking ahead of him, he turned around to him. "But don't think for a second you scared me with that. I've fought dragons, griffons, dark lords, demons, and all sorts of monsters in risking my life to protect a few ponies. If you think you're gonna scare me with your little cutting knife, you've got another thing coming, buddy." He pulled down his adventuring hat and proceeded towards the falls.

crimson saw Redwave point his sword at blast, crimson glared seriously at the fellow captain and layed his hoof on the blade, "and...I wont tolerate an ally killing his friend because he thinks he's everyone's almighty leader...your not mine, or anyone elses "captain" Redwave...your in the same category as us...got it?" said Crimson in a very serious tone.

@,

"So now Captain 'I'm not daring you' is the voice of honor and reason?" Red growled. "You and I are going to stop seeing eye to eye very quickly: have some consistency if nothing else."

@,

Kingfisher returned to her post: she had been told to stop Blast and Crimson from killing each other - nothing had been said about Redwave. Besides - there was more at stake than they had time to waste.

"Ten bits says we lose one before we get there." She muttered sarcastically, maybe they had a little time to waste... "Not a fan of guards but 'least you've not drawn on anyone yet."

Squinting up over the trail as the light dimmed to an orange tint, she offered a suggestion to the guard.

"Sun's going down. Let 'em calm down 'fore we set up camp you think?"

@

Pavisa smirked at Kingfisher's comment.  "Just one?"  The guard rolled her eyes and grinned.  "I'll protect any of them from whatever may attack us...  Protecting them from each other isn't part of my job.  I don't get why stallions are always so quick to hit each other."  Losing one before they got there...  Pavisa was starting to think they weren't going to get there, at least not if they kept going at this pace.  All of the arguing was slowing them down more than anything.

At the mention of making camp, Pavisa nodded and gestured forwards with a hoof.  "I saw a clearing from the last ridge that could serve as a decent camp site.  Ringed by cliffs on one side, woods on the other, and a stream not far off."  She turned to look at Kingfisher, then turned around to look at the party coming up behind them.  Turning back to the other mare she asked "Should we go scout it out while they're making their way up?  At this rate we can have it secured before the rest of them even catch up."

Crimson scoffed, "sure, I wanted to fight someone for fun, but at least I didn't threaten to kill anyone..." crimson narrowed his eyes at Redwave, "you know...you don't really seem to be a leader...are you SURE your a pirate captain, and not the guy who thinks he's better than everyone else?" asked Crimson. 

@, @, @, @, @, @,

Aphrodite

"Alright, everypony, calm down! Sheesh, these idiots.. we're a team! We have to be able to cooperate together or we'll fail this mission! The fate of Equestria is in our hooves, and..." Aphrodite trailed off, sighing.

"Oh, it doesn't matter anyway. We'll have to find a spot to camp out." Aphrodite said to herself. She would be shouting orders right about now, but she didn't think it was necessary. 

@,

Blast slowed down and began walking next to Aphrodite

"I'm sorry, mare, but I don't fully trust our so called 'captain' anymore." He said to her so that only she could hear him. "I've met stallions like him. All he really cares about is this treasure. He could care less if one of us gets our lives stripped from us in the process. As long as he gets this treasure and he gets this 'ultimate power' or something from it, he'll be satisfied."

"I'll have to agree with Aphrodite on this one, we're wasting time arguing about who should be in charge when we should just be worried about why we're all here. So how about every pony just calms down and we continue on our way, all this infighting is slowing us down and could get somepony killed later on. And I could care less why Redwave is on this quest, I know why I'm here and that's enough for me." Midnight said, hoping at least some of these ponies would see reason. From his view Midnight could care less who was in charge, for him what mattered was recovering and dealing with the Litany, everything else was more of a detail. But if everypony spent their time arguing over who wanted to be leader, then they might never reach the Litany. Also, he would rather not see a member of their group die from any sort of schism, that just wouldn't be a very good way to die.

@,

"Aye, let's check it's safe." Kingfisher nodded. "Red's like that sometimes - doesn't mix with folks well. Didn't used to be like that."

She checked behind them: the two seafarers were glaring daggers at each other: both white with red manes. It was just enough to draw out a snort of laughter from the mare. "Idiots, they're fine for a few minutes - lets go."

@,

"You think that I desire to be here? The reason that there are so many of us is that this is important. Too important to risk for the sake of making friends!" He violently thrust the blade of the cutlass into its resting place at his side, trading it for the bottle which had started to grow progressively more and more empty throughout the day. "You think that I enjoy having to threaten foals who cant seem to realize that danger isn't something to laugh at? I refuse to again be the one who watches as they fall to their own foolishness!"

@,

"Aye, let's check it's safe." Kingfisher nodded. "Red's like that sometimes - doesn't mix with folks well. Didn't used to be like that."

She checked behind them: the two seafarers were glaring daggers at each other: both white with red manes. It was just enough to draw out a snort of laughter from the mare. "Idiots, they're fine for a few minutes - lets go."

@,

"You think that I desire to be here? The reason that there are so many of us is that this is important. Too important to risk for the sake of making friends!" He violently thrust the blade of the cutlass into its resting place at his side, trading it for the bottle which had started to grow progressively more and more empty throughout the day. "You think that I enjoy having to threaten foals who cant seem to realize that danger isn't something to laugh at? I refuse to again be the one who watches as they fall to their own foolishness!"

Crimson wore an emotionless expression and was silent for a few moment, he then suddenly reached towards Redwave, seemingly to strike him, but instead, he puthis hoof on Redwaves shoulder and smiled at him, "hehe, calm down, that's all I needed to hear...I just wanted to test whether or not you really were a heartless bastard, but it seems as though you aren't...oh...and for the record, I've lost some good friends in my lifetime as well...don't think your alone..." said Crimson before patting his shoulder and removing it and taking a swig from his flask.

Edited by ragestar