Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Beyond these Walls: An adventure through Equestria. (Applications open!)

The Elusive Cinder

@Aero Orchard

@Blazing Hoof

Rakon shrugged, "Maybe someone wanted someone who can breath fire." He said, not sure why they wanted a dragon.  He shook his head, "no, I've not heard of any of that person.  Is that your name?" He asked, not really knowing any pony names or historical ponies of the past.  

"I guess the others will have to either fight out who will be leader, have ingroup friction till a leader is eventually agreed on.  Or they need to go to someone who they all respect and agree that that person will pick the leader of the group." He said.  He looked at Sand Veil who was silent.  He assumed it may be that she had nothing to say at the moment.

@Aero Orchard

@Blazing Hoof

Rakon shrugged, "Maybe someone wanted someone who can breath fire." He said, not sure why they wanted a dragon.  He shook his head, "no, I've not heard of any of that person.  Is that your name?" He asked, not really knowing any pony names or historical ponies of the past.  

"I guess the others will have to either fight out who will be leader, have ingroup friction till a leader is eventually agreed on.  Or they need to go to someone who they all respect and agree that that person will pick the leader of the group." He said.  He looked at Sand Veil who was silent.  He assumed it may be that she had nothing to say at the moment.

Sand continued silently staring, waiting for the other pony to leave. The longer that pony was there, the less chance there would be of her getting to talk any time soon. She could only stand there silently, being left out of the whole conversation. I'll just let them talk, and when the pony leaves I can talk to my friend again. She thought.

@, @@Kulstor,  

Aero nodded in agreement as he looked at the others, "Perhaps a leader isn't exactly necessary in this situation though..." The stallion was happy the dragon wasn't aware of Storma and its past. He redirected his attention to the Rakon as he continued, "I am Aero Strongheart my frie-" His ear twitched as his attention was brought to the silent Sand Veil, "I-Is she alright?" Feeling a bit awkward, Aero scuffed the ground with his hoof.

@Aero Orchard

@Blazing Hoof

Rakon shrugged, "Maybe the leader can be the person most knowledgeable or experienced of the situation as it pops up."  Rakon said.  "Nice to meet you Aero Strongheart.  Always  nice to have another friend." he said.  He looked at Sand.  "Maybe she doesn't have anything to add to the conversation." he said.  ""You feeling ok?" he asked and, with concern in his voice, hoping she wasn't starting to feel sick. 

@Aero Orchard

@Blazing Hoof

Rakon shrugged, "Maybe the leader can be the person most knowledgeable or experienced of the situation as it pops up."  Rakon said.  "Nice to meet you Aero Strongheart.  Always  nice to have another friend." he said.  He looked at Sand.  "Maybe she doesn't have anything to add to the conversation." he said.  ""You feeling ok?" he asked and, with concern in his voice, hoping she wasn't starting to feel sick. 

Sand sighed, knowing she had to be a part of the conversation now. "I'm fine." She said simply. She wasn't going to say much, but she had to talk so that they knew she was okay. And this is the hard part of having friends... Having to talk to other ponies... She thought. The whole reason she had talked to Rakon at first was because he was someone who didn't really seem to be talking to ponies.

Edited by Blazing Hoof

@@Kulstor@, @,  

Silver Heart couldn't help but overhear the trio's conversation. Perhaps it's time to start talking to the others.... She took a moment to prepare herself and walked over to the three and asked them the question she had been wondering about all day, "Hello, I hope you don't mind me intruding but I couldn't help but listen in on everyone's conversations...why is who is leader up for debate? Isn't Captain Redwave the leader of this expedition?"

@,

(( OOC: LOVE your new avatar and display name! AMAZING! :D ))

Aphrodite

"Uh, I'm Aphrodite. ...Nice to meet you?" Aphrodite said, shaking the stallion's hoof. "You've been on an adventure before? Because, uh.. I can teach you a few tips if you need it. If you want to, of course. I'm not forcing you to learn from me." 

@,

Blast smiled at the mare. Aphrodite... what a nice name.

"Nice to meet you, Aphrodite." He said happily. "Yeah, I've been on quite a few adventures since I arrived from-" He stopped in mid-sentence. He didn't want to bring up his home again, nor reveal that he was once something other than a pony. "Nevermind. Anyways, sure. You could tell me some things. I always hope to learn something from each of my adventures."

@

Aphrodite

"Great! So what do you already know how to do?" Aphrodite asked, getting up and brushing herself off. She scraped her hoof at the ground, (which was usually something she did when she was nervous) trying not to make eye contact with the stallion.

(edited)

"Cap'n, me 'n' the guard found a decent spot jus' up ahead." Announced Kingfisher on her return. "Seems safe as we're gonna get."

Redwave snapped out of his daze with a start: head snapping upwards to look towards his companion.

"Most excellent!" He declared "At this rate I may yet be forced to re-evaluate my assessment of the guards efficiency - twice now have they failed to prove themselves incompetent!"

Trotting up to the head of the group again as if the incident with the pirate had never happened, he glanced towards a sound somewhere in the trees beside the trail for a moment before shrugging it off as his imagination.

Edited by Cinderscribe

Pavisa opened her mouth as though to protest to the statement about the guard, but just let it go with a sigh.  I think that was actually a compliment, somehow.  Instead she raised her voice so that the rest of the party could hear her.  

@,@, @@SilverHeart,

@, @, @@Kulstor,

@, @,  

"If everypony will come this way, the campsite we secured isn't too far off.  It should serve as an adequate resting place for tonight."  Without waiting to see if they would follow, she turned to get back to the front of the party.  Until they had made camp, she was still going to be serious about her position as the point guard.  At least everypony isn't at each other's throats anymore.  This may actually work out...

@@SilverHeart@,@@Kulstor,

Aero looked at Sand strangely one last time before turning to greet the newcomer, "Welcome companion. I wouldn't say we are debating leadership but rather praying for resolution." He brought one of his hoofs up to his chest, "It is my personal belief that such a position shouldn't be in effect but my allies here state that it would be necessary to have one...however, we only truly hope things will piece this mechanization together to form one unit." When Pavisa and Kingfisher barked that they found an adequate site, Aero bowed again then proceeded to walk in their direction.

Edited by Aero Orchard

@, @@SilverHeart,

@Aero Orchard

"I thought that Captain Redwave was leader but it seems some ponies don't agree." Rakon said.  "I do hope the disagreements are done away with soon or it will lead to larger problems later on." He said.  he looked in the direction of the pony making the announcement of the camping site being chosen, "Good.  I guess we can all rest and such.  i wonder if there'll be a campfire and gems." he said.  "I would doubt there would be a lava pool to soak in or take a dip in around here."

Edited by Kulstor

@,@,

Blast smiled. "Nice job, guys! I'll set up a little tent I packed in my adventuring saddlepack. Afterwards, I'll go look for some firewood for us to start a fire." Blast laid out his saddlepack and took out a neatly-packed yellow tent. He began to set it up and continued to talk with Aphrodite. "Thing one; be ready for anything. make sure you load all equipment you could potentially need before heading out on an adventure. It could take anything from a few hours or a few months." He said to her, trying to sound smart.

Crimson noticed everyone's pause and quickly took the chance to make an announcement, stepping in front of everyone and giving them an apologetic smile, "listen up everyone, I know that today has been filled with petty arguments and fighting amongst allys, admittedly, most of the fighting was started by me...so I just wanted you all to know that I'm sorry for acting like a jackass and I hope you can come to see me as a friend and not as a drunken, idiotic, self absorbed pirate captain...so as a punishment for my foolish actions, for the next week, I shall be the guardpony and lookout for the group as you sleep, not getting a wink of it myself in the process..." said Crimson with a bow of his head before sitting against the base of a tree just outside of the campgrounds, "starting now..." said Crimson, looking monitoring the forest with keen vision like a camera, completely focused on his self given task.

((is this ok? because I wanted crimson to do something like this for a bit more respect and redemption within the group...))

@

Pavisa rolled her eyes, muttering under her breath "thick-headed stallions..."  as she walked over towards Crimson.  She eyed him up and down, her helmet still covering most of her facial expressions.  She hadn't gotten a good look at him earlier, and she wanted to see the newest addition to the party.

After a couple of seconds she spoke up so that he could hear.  "Don't be stupid, you'll exhaust yourself doing that.  And an exhausted lookout is about the same as not having one, basic training and common sense agree on that."  She smirked and turned to wander into the campsite, looking to find a spot to rest that hadn't been taken.  "Come find me when you can't keep your eyes open anymore and I'll take over."

Aero ignored Crimson as he continued on as though he didn't hear him. The stallion had already spoken his piece to him and Aero didn't wish to attempt another confrontation...besides, he hardly slept anyways. The memories always haunted his dreams. Feeling his body tire from the endless walking to Canterlot and out, Aero was happy to know camp had finally been found. It was starting to chill too as the sun had already almost left the sky below the pink and orange clouds. Revealing his wings again, Aero flew to Kingfisher and Pavisa to follow.

@, @@SilverHeart,

@Aero Orchard

"I thought that Captain Redwave was leader but it seems some ponies don't agree." Rakon said.  "I do hope the disagreements are done away with soon or it will lead to larger problems later on." He said.  he looked in the direction of the pony making the announcement of the camping site being chosen, "Good.  I guess we can all rest and such.  i wonder if there'll be a campfire and gems." he said.  "I would doubt there would be a lava pool to soak in or take a dip in around here."

"I would assume there will be gems, although they may not be easy to find." Sand said, finally speaking again. She wasn't sure about that, but she was going to at least assume there were gems. If anything there would be gems buried underground, which they could easily dig for.

Crimson simply kept his focused on his task and shook his head slightly, "I'm sorry miss, but I cant do that...I'm not moving from this spot, nor am I falling asleep at my post, I've done this many times before, so I'll be fine...besides...its my punishment for sounding like such a fool...especially in when there are so many lovely mares in the group...if my master would have seen how I acted, he would kick my ass...so just get some rest..." said Crimson stubbornly.

@,

Aphrodite

"Oh, really?" The mare said sarcastically, chuckling. This stallion seemed nice enough to hang out with for a while; which was actually, pretty unusual since she only makes enemies. They were just the basics of survival, but she thought that he was friend material and decided to give him a chance. 

@, @,

Rakon watched Aero fly off. 

"Not sure if we'll have time to look for gems.  We may have to settle for eating rocks and other things." Rakon said, still not really knowing what ponies ate, and assuming they were true omnivores like dragons were.  "You want to find some wood to make a fire, in case it gets cold tonight since there is no lava nearby to keep one warm?" He asked Sand. 

"Well what is worse? To seem a fool or to be a fool? I agree with our guard friend, Crimson, no need to tire yourself with guard duty when there are so many ponies in this group, and it is unnecessary for punishment, even self inflicted punishment, when you recognize your error. So don't tire yourself for no good reason." Midnight said to Crimson before walking off and beginning to put together a shelter. While some ponies would likely sleep in tents, Midnight preferred to use nature to make a shelter, mostly because he learned how to make all kinds of shelters during his journey to Equestria and didn't want to waste that knowledge and skill. Using his telekinesis, it wasn't long before Midnight Sky had built a simple lean-in shelter against a tree. 'It may not look pretty on the outside, but this thing is certainly sturdier than any tent. Score one for the scholarly rogue prince.' Midnight thought as he made certain his quickly built shelter did not have any major flaws.

Blizzard knew instantly that he didn't want some self acclaimed pirate with a drinking problem to be guarding over all of them on his own, at least not one he didn't trust. "If Crimson is so set on doing guard duty all night then so be it, but then I'll be here all night too!" Blizzard said, his mistrust very clear in his voice.

@, @,

Rakon watched Aero fly off. 

"Not sure if we'll have time to look for gems.  We may have to settle for eating rocks and other things." Rakon said, still not really knowing what ponies ate, and assuming they were true omnivores like dragons were.  "You want to find some wood to make a fire, in case it gets cold tonight since there is no lava nearby to keep one warm?" He asked Sand. 

"I shall do that." She said. She didn't even know if she was saying that right, which was unusual for her. Wow, I am really changing because of him... She realized. Let's just hurry up and get there so I can get away for awhile... She thought. She wanted to get away from him as soon as possible, hoping it would get her thoughts together.

Crimson simply shook his head slightly once more, "sorry mister prince...but that's not happening, I may look like a fool, but I would rather look like a fool for doing something just, rather than for doing something idiotic...oh...and mister Blizzard...if you don't trust me so much, than suit yourself, stay out here with me...but don't expect me to betray my allys...because THAT, my foolish friend...is something I never do...so don't you dare accuse me of such treachery again...I may be a many things, a thief, a drunk, an asshole, a rebel, a warrior, a stubborn ass and a pirate... but a traitor...is not one of them...now please...get some sleep..." said Crimson, still not breaking concentration.

Muttering under her breath again with complaints about 'typical stallions', Pavisa made her way to an open spot in the camp site.  Rolling over one of the logs she had kicked when they first inspected the clearing, the guardpony finally took off her helmet again and set it next to the log.  Shaking her head to knock her mane down, she then started on the much longer process of removing the rest of her armor.  It was a job really meant for another pony to help with, though she had figured out a way to take it off and put it on herself.  It just took a lot longer.

As the first piece of her gear came free she propped it carefully against the log, feeling immensely more exposed without the piece of metal.  She took a moment to look around at the rest of the party before starting on the next piece.  Why is taking it off so much more difficult than putting it on?  I guess it makes sense, but still a pain when I actually WANT to take it off...