Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Beyond these Walls: An adventure through Equestria. (Applications open!)

The Elusive Cinder

@

The kick popped Chivalry's Bubble Float spell and connected with his head. The kick caused an interruption in Chivalry's magic so his sword dropped along with him. "GAH! Darn it you fool! if he get's away, who knows what harm he could bring us in the future, Yeah? And what about the mare? She is also in danger!" Chivalry got back up and tried every excuse to allow him to chase after Orion.

Apehlion was woudering around in the forest and heard yelling and ran twards and into a bush.

"Hmm an alicorn,intresting", the voice inside his head said

"And its not the princesses", he thought back to it.

He noted the other ponies

"I wouder what they are fighting about?", the voice asked,"I say you ask them>"

"No,I don't get killed", he said queilty 

"True", the voice thought 

crimson shook his head in exasperation at all the madness going on around him, "uhg! are you all really going to fight each other at a time like this? whatever! hey alicorn boy! I'm warning you now! if you run away with your power unchecked like this, you WILL end up killing your sister! so run if you want, but don't come crying to us when your damned sister or other innocents die to your foolishness!" yelled crimson.

@,

"I do hope they see through whatever story he may be telling.  we don't need anyone like that in this group."  Rakon said a bit scared at the thought.  "This group already has enough problems as it is due to the various personalities." he said.  "And I'm sure we'll face dangers ahead.  We don't need to face dangers from within the group as well."

@,@,

Blast simply let the stallion leave. He was sure he was gonna get himself killed anyways. He was too stubborn to listen to anything the group said and he was way too protective of his sister. He then walked up to Chivalry.

"Let's go, man. If we let that guy find his sister, he'll just put her in more danger." He told him. "He already took her into the Litany's hiding place. Who knows what he'll put her through next."

@,
@,

Orion stopped as his path was obstructed: they were doing it. - right after he had warned them. They were trying to kill him. Trying to stop him from getting to Willow, to stop him protecting her...

That wasn't going to happen.

"Leave! Us! Alone!" He bellowed: a bolt of lightning erupting instinctively from his horn.

"Crack!"

The bolt missed, courtesy of him not knowing to aim it. As it slammed into the ground where he had been stood just minutes before it erupted into several smaller bolts of crackling energy as it struck the ground. Each bolt veered off in a different direction haphazardly about the clearing.

It took a split second for his mind to adjust - he had just cast a spell which he had never even seen or heard of: it wasn't the first time since discovering the litany, but each time caused the headaches to flare up worse. Made it harder to concentrate.

@,

"I do hope they see through whatever story he may be telling.  we don't need anyone like that in this group."  Rakon said a bit scared at the thought.  "This group already has enough problems as it is due to the various personalities." he said.  "And I'm sure we'll face dangers ahead.  We don't need to face dangers from within the group as well."

"Exactly." Sand Veil said. Unless they could get the pony to work for them, having him in the group would only make things much more dangerous than they already were. They may have had a lot of ponies in their group, but he still had a lot of weapons, and even if they did fight him it would still involve weakening most of them.

Edited by Blazing Hoof

@@SilverHeart, @,@, @, @,

Pavisa stood her ground against Chivalry.  "You idiot, if you go after him now you're going to kill us all!  Did you already forget that he's read half of the Litany!?  For all we know-"

She was interrupted by Orion's shout, turning her head in time to see the lightning fly from his horn.  Oh no...  Acting on instinct, she shoved Chivalry back towards the others while pushing herself in between the rest of her group and the main impact site of the lightning.  "Get behind me!"  As the smaller bolts shot out of the impact site of the larger one, Pavisa pulled back on her hind legs.  Locking her front legs together so that the flares of her armor made the rough shape of a shield, she shut her eyes and braced herself.  This is going to hurt...  Catching one of the smaller bolts that had headed towards the party, all she could do was appreciate that it hadn't been the full spell as it launched her backwards over her companions.

@,

The bolts from the  alicorn's horn were coming from all sides. Blast dodged the bolts without much effort, but eventually, one struck him right in the back, sending him face first into a tree. Dazed, he got back up and looked at the alicorn with angry eyes. He once again activated the Sonic Blast's aura, granting him an overall increase of speed, agility, and strength for a short period of time.

"I won't allow you to do what you want to anymore..." Blast quickly jumped up to the alicorn and forcefully kicked him to the ground.

Aphelion breathed in and out and went towards the group

"Okay name's Apelion I know no cares,but hey.I'm just woudering what all of you are fighting about?", he asked facing an then faicng the alicorn. "Oh apolgozing I never meet alicorn I have to say a bit jealous. Can I ask do you live forever?"

"True enough. And you're heading to Canterlot? That's where we departed from. And those must be some dangerous blades indeed if they're bound for Luna's armory. Where'd you get them?" Midnight asked, deciding to make small talk with Steel. Thankfully this pony hadn't asked him much, so Midnight was beginning to feel somewhat comfortable around this pony. Although the main reason for his making small talk was the fact that he felt that something was happening in the forest in the direction all the others had gone. Midnight couldn't tell much, but he heard thunder and could practically feel the magic radiation coming from that direction, so he knew something big was happening. Midnight half wanted to run off and see what was going on, but he was one of the last four members of the expedition left in the camp. And the only others that were there were Blizzard, the dragon, and the silent mare, add in Steel and that left a very mismatched group. And because who was still here, Midnight felt that he was the one "in charge" so to speak, and would blame himself if anything happened here. So Midnight just had to hope the others could handle whatever was happening, even though he doubted any of them had studied magic like he had, and there had to be some strong magic at work.

Crimson chased after Orion, still trying to talk to him, "and an other thing! quite being such a fucking too- " ZAP!! Crimson grunted as he was hit in the face by one of the many scattering volts of the electricity spell, causing him to stop and stare at Orion with wide eyes, half of his face blackened and sizzling. Crimson coughed up some black smoke and shook his head, glaring at Orion angrily, seemingly completely unharmed, "hey! that hurt! your damn lucky I'm fire proof or you might have burned my fucking face off!" said Crimson loudly.

(OOC: My computer has just...broke...so I'm Retyping my message from my phone but I'm not sure how long it will be until I can get it to work again. So i may not respond again tonight.)

"Oh thank the stars, he's letting us live." Silver Heart muttered as she laid down and close her eyes. One of the ponies from the group started ahouing. Opening her eyes revealed that Chivalry had blocked Orion's path. Before Silver Heart could react Pavisa had tackled the foolish stallion.

Silver Heart stood up and began to cast a spell to paralyze Chivalry in the hope that Orion would continue to be merciful. Before Silver could cast the spell she was interrupted by a flash of light and a paralyzingly pain. She collapsed to the ground unconscious.

"not yet I still have some work to do and I'm afraid I can't tell you where I got them it's classified information but I will tell you that I had to go thru hell to get them"steel said his ears twitched he heard the fight and felt the magic "hmm some powerful magic at play tell me do any I'd the ponies in your group have that level of power"steel asked

"So you can feel it too. I don't think anypony in our group has a magical talent of that level, even my strongest spell doesn't radiate that much energy. But I'm sure the others are fine. To be sure though, Blizzard, could you fly up and see if you can spot anything?" Midnight said, hoping he was right. Just in case though, Midnight quickly began to levitate his armor back on. If worst comes to worst, he'd rather be ready to fight than taken by surprise.

"Sure thing Midnight." Blizzard said quickly before shooting up into the air. Once he was high enough, Blizzard looked over and saw what Midnight and Steel had mentioned. Off a little ways in the distance Blizzard could see electricity arcing through the woods, and could hear his companions yelling out from that same area. He thought he caught a glimpse of an alicorn, but there was just no way, so he assumed it was just a trick of the light. "It looks like some magical lightning is causing them problems, a lot of lightning." Blizzard reported as he flew back down.

Steel thought for moment "well if something goes down I would like to haven't least one dagger"steel said as he stood up ignoring the pain in his shoulder "I don't think lighting would be here own it's own from the magic I feel I would say it's a spell

((three))

@,

Hitting the ground, Orion blinked. He had been so lost in his own mind that he hadn't even defended himself - it hadn't even occurred to him that his sister might not be the only one he had to protect.

@,

He missed the remark from the other pony but could clearly see that he was still standing. That said enough.

Grunting as he forced himself to search through the years of accumulated knowledge imparted from the Litany: black smears flashed across his vision - lingering longer than before and a sharp pain filled his head - as he locked a spell down in his mind and focused.

Vanishing from sight as he warped away from the clearing, in place of the Alicorn was left a glowing orb of light that hung harmlessly in the air for a moment before exploding outwards in a surge of blunt energy.

@@SilverHeart

Pavisa groaned as she picked herself up, a fresh scorch mark across her armor.  I'm really glad that wasn't the full blast...  She blinked as she saw the others trying to attack the alicorn again, her head still groggy from the lightning spell.  "No...  Idiots!"  Seeing the ball of light appear, Pavisa threw herself onto the prone form of Silver Heart to shield her from the blast.  She could feel herself taking a battering as the wave of energy washed over her, but she was focused on protecting the other pony.  I may not have been able to guard the others, but she shouldn't have been caught in the middle of this!  

"No doubt it's a spell, and a strong one at that. So I see no problem if you have one knife to defend yourself if something goes wrong." Midnight said, levitating one of Steel's knives back to him. He was finishing putting his armor on when he felt a new burst of magical energy, and looked over his shoulder to see a blue glow above the treeline. "Now that, was some powerful magic. I hope the others are okay." Midnight said, wondering what could've caused such a burst of magical energy.

Blizzard really didn't like the idea of arming Steel, who he still didn't trust, but he also didn't want him to die because they wouldn't let use a weapon. What made him decide it totally fine was the sudden glow from above the trees, no doubt from the same source as the lightning. "Yeah, one knife is okay." Blizzard said reluctantly.

@,

Blast was pushed back by the unrelenting force of the explosion from the light. It seemed as if the alicorn turned tail and ran. That, or he finally knocked some sense into that thick skull of his. The force of the explosion knocked Blast out of his 'Sonic Blast' aura.

"Heh. Looks like that guy had a few tricks up his sleeve." He said with a slight smirk. "Wonder where the guy ran off to..."

Crimson went wide eyed as the surge of energy rushed towards him, "we're trying to help you! you stupid assho- WOAH!! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!" yelled crimson as he flew off his hooves several yards away, into a patch of trees, landing with a loud CRACK! against a tree.

((that has got to hurt...))

Steel took the knife and spun it "thanks"steel said he seen the glow "well that doesn't look good should qr go check it out"steel asked then add be moved to the glow he seen the mare from earlier he knew she didn't trust him so he didn't say anything to her

(edited)

Tree.

It had been a good life for the tree: up until today. True, a tree didn't have much to live for and had little do see after a hundred years or so, but today had been more than it could handle.

When the mare had taken refuge at its base, it only symbolized the beginning of the end. The lightning was the first terror it faced: searing the bark that had grown strong over its lifetime. That might have been survivable - so might the wave of force but when the pony hit it: that was too much. 

It didn't snap or break cleanly or with dignity: a few moments after being struck, it simply slowly crumpled to the side. Defeated.

---------------

Kingfisher.

@,

Stepping out from behind the tree as it slowly started to give way, Kingfisher winced in the dark where she knew she wouldn't be seen as she looked at Crimson at it's base.

'Ouch... That's got to hurt...'

Her coat was stood on end from the static of the electricity she had narrowly taken cover from - the tree had served as excellent protection - though her ear was singed where the metal ring in it had proven to be a liability. Looking down at the prone pony who had demolished her cover fairly effectively, she considered how she should help. With care and kindness would be the best way: an impact like that was dangerous enough without adding stress of shock to it...

"Get up." She muttered, nudging him with a hoof.

'... Close enough...'

Edited by Cinderscribe
  • Brohoof 2

@,

Blast couldn't believe it. They now knew just what they were up against. This alicorn obviously had no idea what he was getting himself into. Blast turned around to see Crimson crash into a wall. Eyes widened, he dashed over to the stallion and helped him back up onto his hooves.

"Are you doing okay, dude?" Blast asked him. Hopeful 

Willow Starsinger

Willow, meanwhile, was lost out somewhere in the woods. She didn't want to see any of those stallions insulting Orion again. 

"You should have fought for yourself and defended Orion, you coward!"

"Why are you such a crybaby?"

"Yes, abandon Orion! Abandon Orion like your parents did!" 

Willow struggled not to listen to her mind's taunts, but continued through the forest.