would you be down with everyone getting a pet?

FNGRpony

Just what the title says.

I mean seriously discord is friends with flutter shy,

It would be insane if he didn't get a pet.

Trixie with a pet?

The Cmc with a pet (i'd say one for the whole group).

I think derpy would be amazing with a doe doe bird. 

If everyone got a pet, it would probably get old very fast if it was a trend. So, I guess that could be good in Hasbro's case that is to sell more toys of course.

i was thinking the same thing,

but um,

do they even sell toy pets?

like tank,opal, etc.

I never saw one but i never looked.

I just remember seeing a picture with bon bon with a falcon on her arm going "bring me the heart of snow white."

and i dawed.

• Brohoof 1

Eh, that would be a lot of pets, and probably wasted time. I don't see a good reason to give everyone a pet. I think the current amount of ponies with pets is fine as it is. However, I guess it would be okay if one or two ponies got pets, but two might even be too much. Also, I don't see why Discord would need a pet. :P

No, pets are gross. img-1986082-1-dry.png  The only character that should have a pet is Twilight and I'm not talking about Owlowiscious, I'm talking about Spike. img-1986082-2-happy.png

What do you mean? Spike isn't a pet he is Twilight's assistant. Although on your main point I do agree that if more pets were to be injected then it would kinda break the show.

No, pets are gross. img-1986082-1-dry.png  The only character that should have a pet is Twilight and I'm not talking about Owlowiscious, I'm talking about Spike. img-1986082-2-happy.png

spike is her kid lol, not her pet.  case in point your pets don't tend to out live you.  your kids do.  that and pets tend not to talk even in mlp

Meh, i think i'd have to say no actually thinking about it.

It'd just get really crowded with everyone having pets, and the special factor it has will just kinda fade away.

I'm perfectly fine with it currently, maybe 1-2 pets added in would be as many as i'd like, after that it becomes to excessive i think.

• Brohoof 2

spike is her kid lol, not her pet.  case in point your pets don't tend to out live you.  your kids do.  that and pets tend not to talk even in mlp

Wow, I totally forgot about the episode where she hatches Spike... You're right, she is more of a mother to him than anything else!

No, him being a pet that's forced to assist Twilight has always been my headcanon and it was confirmed canon by Equestria Girls. (And is the only good thing about that movie.)

241685__safe_spike_vector_species+swap_s

No way is he a pet, he is in no way FORCED to serve Twilight, he is merely bound by his personal dragon code or what-not. 

Wow, I totally forgot about the episode where she hatches Spike... You're right, she is more of a mother to him than anything else!

No way is he a pet, he is in no way FORCED to serve Twilight, he is merely bound by his personal dragon code or what-not. 

well actually  as i've had pointed out

she's his mother, mentor, best friend, big sister.

I like to remind our broney fans of this fact so that they can appreciate why he might be a little off.

I like to remind our broney fans of this fact so that they can appreciate why he might be a little off.

I don't understand, I agreed with you? Have I missed something here?

To be fair a mother IS a mentor and in most situations can be a best friend too.

I don't understand, I agreed with you? Have I missed something here?

To be fair a mother IS a mentor and in most situations can be a best friend too.

i was keeping the conversation going, which is so much harder to do when people agree with me.  I mean i'm dead in the water if i come out with a head canon and someone goes

"Yep that's exactly right."

(me)

"um.. um are you sure you don't wanna call me dumb?"  *starts to lesson 0 panic*

i was keeping the conversation going, which is so much harder to do when people agree with me.  I mean i'm dead in the water if i come out with a head canon and someone goes

"Yep that's exactly right."

(me)

"um.. um are you sure you don't wanna call me dumb?"  *starts to lesson 0 panic*

Well arguing with me just for the sake of arguing with me is kinda mean really. I wasn't disagreeing simply because I was proven wrong like so many people do. And if I did you'd probably still have a go at me. what the hell do I do to have a nice conversation with people!? Why is it that I can only just manage to fuck up?

I still don't remember this widespread fanon of Spike outliving Twilight ever being shown as canon but it's still irreverent. Also, dogs don't tend to talk in our world but, we do keep them as pets. laugh.png

The dragon code thing was made up and seems completely inconsistent with everything else in the entire show. Plus you can tell he's an abused pet because Rarity sticks pins in him. biggrin.png

Nah, she's just a decently nice owner. tongue.png (Although, I personally like Friendship is Witchcraft's treatment of Spike better because it's funnier, I'd still say it's canon that Spike is a well treated pet who's sometimes abused but only for comedy. derpy_emoticon1.png )

(edited)

Well arguing with me just for the sake of arguing with me is kinda mean really. I wasn't disagreeing simply because I was proven wrong like so many people do. And if I did you'd probably still have a go at me. what the hell do I do to have a nice conversation with people!? Why is it that I can only just manage to fuck up?

I was being cheeky just now dear.  please don't have a break down.  you appear to be a flutter shy fan, Natasha sounds like a neat name, so i'm betting your awesome.

I'm just so weirded out by positive reinforcement. 

See i normally make a thread and people "No that's bad.  Bad fngr."

and than they hit me on the nose with a news paper.

you were pleasont and i was like "wait did i do something wrong?blink.png

Edited by FNGRpony

Why not... I mean it cant hurt to just give ever pony a pet.. and could make some episodes about it.. and like I said it cant hurt anyone or anything... well I hope..

see that i didn't get either when people are like it'll suck up alot time!

by what?  their pets.  they don't get speaking rolls lol. 

No ones asking for the pets to get their own episode.  we had a side kick episode already.

It was low average lol.  I'd call it a guilty pleasure if that.

The pets everyone has thus far have only made cameo appearances. Even in the ponies' own homes we rarely see them, with the exception of Angel. Everyone else getting a pet doesn't sound like it would make things complicated or annoying. On the other hand, I don't think they would really add anything to the show either.

I would be okay with it, I guess, but I wouldn't really care either way. It probably wouldn't have much of an actual effect on the show itself. The pets might be used for jokes from time to time, but that's probably about it. 

I wouldn't mind too much if they all got pets, but I'd prefer they not. It would get pretty old fast, and they'd have to think of pets they didn't already have. The only reason I could think of explaining why they'd do that is for commercial reasons. d:

;P As long as it doesn't go too far then I don't see a problem with it. Pets aren't they main attraction in the show anyway, although they're all cute and what not, it's not like they appear in every episode as a main character or anything. I'd rather that they keep the pet thing to a minimum, but I'm fine either way.