Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What would Spike do?

JustSing

All the other post sorta like this are what will her friends do, but Spike is around her more. I know she still loves Spike, but how will he do anything when someone else gets it to her in a flash? It's not like Spike can fly or do magic. xJpg51C.png

Spike would probably avoid getting jealous again, because we saw how that went in Owl's Well That Ends Well since jealousy makes you do a lot of things out of character. He will try to accept someone else that helps Twilight.

Spike's role to Twilight will more or less remain the same for years to come. Staying as her assistant because her reports on friendship aren't over yet. Not to mention tidying up the place and baking things every once in a while.

This thread's title made me think immediately about making a bracelet with 'What Would Spike Do?' as a satire of the popular bracelets with 'What Would Jesus Do?'

Spike is far far more likely to be jealous if a Rarity were to find a love interest than Twilight, he has the crush on her after all not Twilight. I can see Spike maybe being slightly protective of Twilight though I doubt it will be another situation like Owl's Well That Ends Well. Spike in that situation felt like he was being replaced which was a fear that was granted unfounded but jealousy isn't exactly the most rational state of mind I don't see very many other situations in which he would feel that way. 

• Brohoof 1

I personally see Spike as being PROUD of Twilight's ascension. I don't think there's anything for him to worry or get jealous about. In fact, I bet he'll see his own status as rising. He's now the Number One Assistant to an honest to goodness PRINCESS after all!

Both Spike and Twilight will initially be portrayed as they were in the movie. Spike excited and confident in Twilight being an awesome princess and Twilight being concerned and unsure of herself. Now clearly Twilight will come to accept her role, likely by the end I'd he first two episodes, but it's just possible that the writers might explore some aspect of Spike being bothered by the change. However, they'd have to find a conflict that didn't just copy Owl's Well or Spike's fear in the Crystal Empire is being abandoned.

First and foremost I think Twilight should give Spike some formal education or even enroll him in school what's wrong with that? he's not old enough? He's not a pony? huh.png I NEVER EVER want to see this type of portrayal of Spike again msg-8308-0-76652000-1382912179.png

spikedog+2.JPG

And yet that is exactly how Twilight treats Spike in the show, despite him being probably one of the closest people to her that lives with her and helps take care of her every day. I hope as a princess now, Twilight actually remembers to care for and treat Spike as a person and not as the pet she's always regarded him as.

Also I do think Spike needs to have his own separate comic episode and perhaps travel on his own outside Ponyville. If Big Mac got his own comic, there's little reason the biggest non Mane 6 supporting character can't.

• Brohoof 1

I'd like for Spike to question his self-worth at some point during S4 and wonder if he really helped Spike becoming a princess. In fact, if MLP ever did a It's A Wonderful Life episode, I think Spike should be the one who should see his friend's lives if he was never born. Though I doubt the show creators would do that. Especially since every other cartoon has done it. laugh.png