Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Mmorpg for mlp fim?

Rarityisbestpone

Is there a mmorpg for mlp? If not why isn't there ?! I think that would be so awesome being able to travel the land of equestria. Thoughts on this idea? Stuff that could be included etc?

In fact there is one in the works right now. You can follow the developers on their website as they develop the game more.

http://www.legendsofequestria.com/

Edited by Emperor Posh
  • Brohoof 1

It looks interesting. I'm a little hesitant about it because everything is being MMO-ed to death these days, but I guess it's not so bad as long as it stays on the volunteer basis it has now and doesn't try to go for the bottom line. Hasbro might even decline to sue.

I wonder if it'll be available on Linux though. It says it's using Unity which does support Linux, but the game itself might not necessarily be made to run on it.

It looks interesting. I'm a little hesitant about it because everything is being MMO-ed to death these days, but I guess it's not so bad as long as it stays on the volunteer basis it has now and doesn't try to go for the bottom line. Hasbro might even decline to sue.

I wonder if it'll be available on Linux though. It says it's using Unity which does support Linux, but the game itself might not necessarily be made to run on it.

Well they are trying to work with Hasbro. Hasbro could licence it for a few dollars a year to keep those pesky idiots off their back about copyright. Hasbro doesn't want to copyright everything, they have to or they lose the rights to MLP, but like I said they could licence it.

Edited by Emperor Posh

TBH I want to know why there isn't a full on old school style adventure game for FiM?

They could be extremely non-violent with no death designs, and tell great stories while exploring all sorts of themes and characters... Doesn't need fighting, or overly adult themes. Can be puzzle centric, and tell a story along the way.

Love playing Full Throttle, Grim Fandango, Simon the Sorcerer, Sam'n'Max, and Day of the Tentacle....

Kick the BS 3D to the curb though, 3D adventure games blow because the 3D simply cannot live up to the fun and crazy things that the 2D is/was capable of. They just lose so much.. Sam'n'Max's reboot is a good example. They just weren't whacky anymore. It almost felt droll and boring. The jokes and such were delivered in such a way that the stiff animation/look just really crapped it out... I mean, SnM were always pretty monotoned, but those gfx made it boring... Not to mention all the crazy cartoony things they could do in the original that the 3D ones simply could not pull off :/

Give it the shows colorful design and animation.. also DO NOT let gameloft make it.. ugh.. their games are okay, but definitely not very great.... Even the MLP f2p game is beginning to show off how lazy GL's designs truly are :/

They made good early smartphone games, but as the tech advances, they do not.

I've yet to see one of their games show any level of actual story telling, let alone in any other regard advance besides base GFX. Their animations are terrible....

Edited by GrimCW
  • Brohoof 1