Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Woonatic (My God! What did you guys do to her?!)

lomk

Crooked smiles and frayed ends are magic!

You guys have been griping about it so I answered...Is the neck finally not too long anymore? :lol: I've really been working on making shorter necks as a move away from My Little Giraffe :D

So I had it in mind to make an angry Luna at first but as I got into it, I decided a crazy Luna was the where I wanted to go with this, especially after the name change so now she reflects my name! When I was finished I was pretty damn impressed with myself. This is my now my favorite drawing that I've done :)

I kinda went for the old school Luna we saw in the first season. I liked that Luna better. Plus her mane is easier to do this way (yeah, call it lazy if you want lol)

So yeah, I think this is the best I've done in a while. What do you guys think? Of course, I'm always open to criticisms as long as they're constructive.

post-6322-0-99962900-1385500058_thumb.jpg

Torture? Your princess likes this idea!

Edited by ~Sadistic Luna~
  • Brohoof 2

Proportionally speaking, you probably shouldn't be able to see her backside that much from this angle.  Good try!

That's not her backside. Those are supposed to be her wings lol

Her neck seems pretty much OK, but now a different kind of problem appeared: her chest starts too high between her forelegs (at least when compared with her rump, which by the way is quite fat now ;-J ).

Ears are way too small.

Mouth and nose are OK. Eyes better than last time (if you're that guy/gal from Twilight in front of a bookshelf; ech... switching names and avatars is not much a good idea, since those are the only things by which I can identify people here ;-/ ). I'd just made the pupils more black. Shines too small. Facial expression pretty well done. Next time try to make the head somewhat narrower. A pony head is a vertical oval with the bottom side a little bit more cusp (for the chin).

Horn: big, thick and slanted :-) Some close encounter with a Poison Joke lately? ;-J

Her mane: I really can't tell if it's Luna or Trixie in your picture.

General critique: Work some more with PROPORTIONS. They're very important. Use some reference images and mimic them at first, until you'll get the proportions "by eye". Try starting with drawing some simple shapes, like ovals, curves etc. to make a shape of a pony from them, and make these shapes all in proportion. Use it as a framework. If they'll be right, you can then add details to make it a particular pony.

@@SasQ,

Gosh, that's pretty detailed! Thanks for the feedback. I'm always trying my best to expand my ability so when I make something, I have some pride in it and makes me a little biased so getting stuff like this is always humbling and it's a sharp reminder that I still need lots of practice. 

Concerning the name change, yeah I'm the same guy who did those. It's more reliable to identify me by the signature in the lower right side. I changed my name because I joined with the Sadistic ponies. Also, I don't plan on being an artist . This is more of a hobby of mine that I want to get better at. Like the guitar. 

Looking at it with your critique, I definitely agree my proportions need some work. I can't really fix it now because hand drawn stuff isn't as easily fixed as doing it on a computer. If I had a graphics tablet and a good drawing program, I'd definitely go back on this and fix what I could but since I outlined her in marker, I can't. Likely, my best bet is to just watch out for these things next time I draw something. And that's really the closest color I had for her mane. It does sorta look like Trixie, but that's the closest I could come to Luna's color...another reason I'd like a graphics tablet. And yeah, looking in between her forelegs, she does look a little fat. My idea was that you could see part of her hind legs from the front, but these things always look better in my head. 

So yeah, a big thanks for the feedback. I'll keep an eye out for these things next time I start something. 

This is adorable!

Only things I can criticize are the ears and the mane. The mane seems a bit out of shape, and the ears are a bit too small. Other than that, I adore this! So cute! :wub:

Not bad. Practice makes perfect. Perhaps tracing a pony picture will help you with proportions or looking at a guide 24/7. that's what I did. I can say that compared to pictures I made a month ago I've made some progress and I still have more to make. Keep it up, can't wait to see more from you. :)