Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why Didn't Discord Help In Season 4?

Harmony And Rarity

The way he screwed with the Mane Six in Return of Harmony seemed pretty deliberate.
That was a specific situation. Mane Six were a clear and present threat to him. And yet, he never even tried to kill anyone of them.

I agree that outright helping would no be in Discord's personality. He is definitely Chaotic Neutral, his only care is himself really. He is not taking over Equestria because he doesn't want to upset Fluttershy, but neither does he wish to solve everypony's problem- that would be boring. Plus, he knows the Mane6 can probably overcome any obstacle. If they were in danger they could not escape from, he may well rescue them.

• Brohoof 3

That was a specific situation. Mane Six were a clear and present threat to him. And yet, he never even tried to kill anyone of them.

Still, he chose emotional torture when he could have beaten them much more easily.  There are also plenty of evil things people do short of murder.

If Discord snapped his fingers and fixed all of the problems right away as soon as he showed up, the episodes would be rather lacking in my opinion. I enjoyed how he was there, and provided some comic relief. I also enjoy how he let the mane 6 solve the problem themselves, and realize that they don't need to push Twilight away to protect her.

• Brohoof 1

Well let lets go into fan girl territory.

Let us assume discord forgetting flutter shy is a put on. (who knows).

if she really got herself in trouble would he twiddle his fingers?

I kinda doubt it.  It may never come up, but i seen enough deviant arts where like flutter shy is being chased down by a dragon or what ever and discord scares it off to think it's cute, it's endearing.

hell it might even be likely.

we'll see.  if it happens it happens.  I like the current discord.

Probably already said by everyone here, but it should be noted that if Discord didn't get Twilight to go back, they would have failed. He's going about it in the most dickish way he can, but he's helping.

Well atleast there wasn't any chocolate rain involved. And he caused a new meme...

Huh. He did create that, didn't he?

Never mind, then, he's a horrible monster. He isn't chaotic neutral, he's plain ol' devious. It's like he designed something that he knew would make EQD crap their pants.

Another thing: Discord never apologizes for planting the plunder seeds in the first place. He even lies about having nothing to do with the out-of-control vines when he is first questioned about them, or at the very least tells a devious half-truth. His humble contriteness at the end of Keep Calm and Flutter On is now revealed to be just an act!

Honestly, they couldn't have done a better job with Discord.

He was still a snide dickhole, but a lovable snide dickhole, IMO, and, even though he was still the same 'ol Discord, he was somewhat helpful.

If they tried making him a good guy, it would've SUCKED. He is NOT reformed, he IS STILL a VILLAIN with the way he thinks, and he brings a different element of humor to the show than Pinkie does. Pinkie's humor is more random and cartoonish; Discord's is more sarcastic, insulting and mocking. He's like a family-friendly Daniel Tosh, at least from my perspective.

Perfect the way he is. They really nailed him with his portrayal. 

Edited by ~Sadistic ghostfk39~
  • Brohoof 1