Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Derpy changes?

applejock

This is all old hat, I KNOW so before the mods kick this thread into the trash i want a CLEAR cut factual statement, please!

I was alerted the other day in a chat room grumble about "sucks they changed ol derpy" when i sought more information, i was horrified to find that the Fan made Pony had lost her voice, her wall eyes, and clumsy nature.

Now season 4 has just begun and while her showing in season 3 was poor, she was a huge brony hoofing cannon in the EQ girl film, with muffin and wall eyes (see the credits). Again we all know this.

My question and concern is just that, we have two groups really, mixed of fact and fiction. Some say her voice and nature is changed, the wiki said it was changed in her big showing in season 2 on the dvd realease (i digital own the episodes so i have the "original" of her voice and big scene in last round up and thus am unfamilar with this "change"). We have fans say it never happend and the EQ shots are now cannon and she should appear in season 4 with her normal look and if spoken will be by miss Germaine again like season 2.

So the wiki says one things, the devs another, merch another and fans another..HELP!!

I repeat i am SURE this has been discussed to death, i am not looking to piss off the mods i dont want a discussion i want an answer! She is OUR creation! So is she "nerfed" or not?

They did change her voice. she sounds different (more girly) and does have the speech impendment/accent she has, also rainbow dash does not say her name.

I've heard that that they fixed her wall eyed-ness but I can't recall actually seeing that in an episode myself.

Edited by Malinter

The EQ film isn't canon so those shots mean nothing. If she's changed, she's changed. And she isn't "our" creation. She's the animator's creation. We just named her. I could go watch a baby get delivered and name it on the spot but that won't give me any claim in its creation.

• Brohoof 3

While I'm a huge Derpy fan (Understatement of the millenium. She's more like my waifu) I'd actually prefer it if she didn't make any major appearances in the show. People just can't be pleased, no matter what you try, and I really hope Hasbro realized it after "the Derpygate."

You say they changed her voice, but i have found Twitter posts from L.F in 2013 saying they returned her old look with the walleyes and even said Germaine would again do the voice acting in the future if required. IF the CREATOR of the show says this then why havent media outlets been updated? Why does the wiki claim she will no longer have the Derp eyes?

I don't mean to be a fool here and keep asking the same question but this is just weird to me, with a character SO beloved by the fanbase to the point people spend hundreds of dollars on clothing and trinkets of her....wait...thats another thing! I have a freaking stocking cap from hot topic of Derpy and there she sits, dead center with the Wall eyes, the tag inside the hate saying the normal legal crap and with the trade mark and a date of 2013.

I just don't understand, its like the fanbase is using old information, about the change then revert to original. What about EQ girls? Her human form still bares the wall-eyes and shit they even have her dancing with a muffin, making the whole derps loves the muffs cannon!

Ok maybe i should be ranting about something people care about, like why AJ had suddenly such a huge role in the first episode of S4 and characters like Fluttershy or Pinky where ALMOST background ponies! Hell even Rarity had more screen time with direct interaction with SB then those two...i am getting off topic!

WTF is going on with DERPY!!

You say they changed her voice, but i have found Twitter posts from L.F in 2013 saying they returned her old look with the walleyes and even said Germaine would again do the voice acting in the future if required. IF the CREATOR of the show says this then why havent media outlets been updated? Why does the wiki claim she will no longer have the Derp eyes?

I don't mean to be a fool here and keep asking the same question but this is just weird to me, with a character SO beloved by the fanbase to the point people spend hundreds of dollars on clothing and trinkets of her....wait...thats another thing! I have a freaking stocking cap from hot topic of Derpy and there she sits, dead center with the Wall eyes, the tag inside the hate saying the normal legal crap and with the trade mark and a date of 2013.

I just don't understand, its like the fanbase is using old information, about the change then revert to original. What about EQ girls? Her human form still bares the wall-eyes and shit they even have her dancing with a muffin, making the whole derps loves the muffs cannon!

Ok maybe i should be ranting about something people care about, like why AJ had suddenly such a huge role in the first episode of S4 and characters like Fluttershy or Pinky where ALMOST background ponies! Hell even Rarity had more screen time with direct interaction with SB then those two...i am getting off topic!

WTF is going on with DERPY!!

You know, wiki's can be wrong you know. XD

Besides. if they changed there minds about anything on derpy it'll make it all the better if she does pop up again in S4.

I've heard that that they fixed her wall eyed-ness but I can't recall actually seeing that in an episode myself.

They have the wall-eyes fixed in Magical Mystery Cure, both in the scene where she winks at the camera and where she is standing at the end of the crowd.  Plus there's the humanized Derpy in EqG.

Since Lauren left the team she has no control.  Unfortunately, all that she can say for certain is what she had envisioned for the show, and nothing more.  Confirmation of these claims can only come from whoever the current director is (I could look them up, but I'm too lazy at the moment).

they've commented on a back ground pony getting air,

and derpy lately.

now is she that back ground pony in question?  No idea.  They could do alot worse..

I'd be pissed the hell off if it's colgate.

Honestly, just seeing her in the background like in the premiere is enough to make me happy. I don't really need any 'major' appearances at this point. Of course, it does bother me a little bit that she wasn't Derped out in the premiere, but she was there and that satisfies me. I think many bronies need to appreciate that, because Hasbro could have easily no on the whole thing.

She was changed, in the episode in s2 they changed her voice and un derped her eyes in the edited version. Mostly because she was on screen.

The other times shes seen shes in the background, which is why they're still derped in those.

So yes, she was changed, and the other big part of that whole thing is that she mostlikely won't get another big showing in the show due to the issue apparently with it.

And technically derpy was still apparently going to be in the show, she was just refered to Ditzy, like she is in winter wrap up. The name is the biggest of the fan creation parts really. I think she was already planned to be similar in personality, just with the name Ditzy.

Anyways, unfortunately after the big issue they had, she probably won't be getting any speaking lines anymore, and probaly will remain background pony.

Shes still gonna be popping up though probably.