Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning Beyond these walls Chapter 2: A Darker Fate (Adventure, Survival, EPIC!)

The Elusive Cinder

@,

I think there was something added about death and combat being a secondary skill this time around.

Ok, I already know about the "warning: your OC could die" rule, but I didn't see the combat as a secondary skill thing. What's that supposed to mean? BTW, I like the updated version of Kingfisher, it looks great! Nice job Cinderscribe.

(edited)

Pretty much: all the old rules stand, but I've added to them.

Survival is going to be more of an issue than combat - hence why I'm asking everyone to keep inventory. Death is possible, Yadda, yadda...

The combat thing just means that its not going to be focused on it: sure you can try to stab, burn or beat on things: just don't expect it to always work - and bad things might well happen. It's more of a warning than a rule I guess.

Oh, and thanks! I figured that since she's matured and developed a little, she's changed her look to match. No more cutting her mane off with her sword. :P

Edited by Cinderscribe

Pretty much: all the old rules stand, but I've added to them.

Survival is going to be more of an issue than combat - hence why I'm asking everyone to keep inventory. Death is possible, Yadda, yadda...

The combat thing just means that its not going to be focused on it: sure you can try to stab, burn or beat on things: just don't expect it to always work - and bad things might well happen. It's more of a warning than a rule I guess.

Oh, and thanks! I figured that since she's matured and developed a little, she's changed her look to match. No more cutting her mane off with her sword. :P

wait, this one is concentrated on survival? In that case, I'm adding to Crimson's previous inventory!

• 5,000 bits (you can guess how he got it...* cough-pirate-cough*)

• A medium sized burlap sack filled with nothing but grapes (he loves grapes)

• 25 feet of rope

• A very sturdy fishing pole, with bait and a fishing net

• A small jug of water

• 25 lbs of firewood

I think that's about it, just add it to his previous inventory...is it too much? He's a pretty strong stallion, he has more in common with earth ponies than unicorns because of his strength and endurance.

@,

That fine: just remember that the more he's carrying, the more its going to weigh him down - carrying more is going to obviously give the obvious advantages, but come as a tradeoff for getting tired more easily and not being able to move as quickly.

Okay! After far too much work, Inventories are all updated! I have rebalanced a few by very small amounts, added to some and taken from others. I've also noted an approximation on how much of a burden the load would be.

Characters who I didn't have inventories for, I've assigned a default list of essentials: Food, water, a bag... Items that were vague or slightly imbalanced have been defined more clearly. (Pile of Bits = Set number of Bits)

Can everyone check these and raise any concerns if I've mucked up now rather than later please?

@

Looks fine to me. All good, though I'm wondering if being heavily burdened will affect Aegis if he needs to defend himself. Guess how he fights.

Noble didn't have much to begin with. Anything he needs, he can probably transfigure a rock or something.

@,

I just have one issue, I think you might have confused my last post about the trade. I see Scribbler has been given Confusion bombs, but Clockwork sold one to Dr. Icarus, he and Scribbler haven't met yet. Just to clarify. :)

Other than that, I see no issues. Is there a need to specify how much our OC's have in terms of money? Or will we just not worry about it for simplicities sake? That could get tiresome to update every time some is spent, especially in small increments.

I don't mean to be impatient guys, but...

Look how long this roleplay has already gone.

We haven't even got on the train yet.

Oh, and here I thought the current pacing was pretty nice. There's no need to rush to the action. It feels more like a story to me right now then the last "chapter" did.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Indeed: I've also been working behind the scenes - this downtime is giving me a chance to prepare everything without stopping the RP.

Also, I'm not very active on Wednesdays, so I didn't want to move things on until I could oversee it.

Today will hopefully involve the timeskip to morning - if the stars align right.

Edited by Cinderscribe
  • Brohoof 1

@

Clockwork and Dr. Icarus will be searching out Kingfisher soon, you're with her aren't you?

Sorry, had school 'n stuff.

And, to answer your question, no. I'm not. Both Blast and Eclipse are with Frost.

If I knew where Kingfisher was, maybe they could catch up.