Banner by ~ Sparklefan1234

AppleJared

I think it really sounds empty at the drop. I feel like some of the transitions are really sudden. Sometimes the melody is really atonal and doesn't work with the countermelodies and ARPs and stuff. The buildup is seriously lacking and could be worked on more. The snare and drums are easily overshadowed by the synths. And a lot of the drop parts are too loud. The drop doesn't fit the part that comes after. They're clearly in two different key signatures. There's not that much bass.

Other than that, it's not too bad of a song. Keep at it!

Hmm... Close to chillstep, but still a bit too morphy for chillstep... Great work anyways. I recommend mastering the song a bit better, as the high end seems kinda blurred out and the low end is a bit muddy, but it isn't bad.

Edit: Could you also tell me your VST's? I'd like to know some of the more leady synth stuff.

Edited by RubyVesper

Hmm... Close to chillstep, but still a bit too morphy for chillstep... Great work anyways. I recommend mastering the song a bit better, as the high end seems kinda blurred out and the low end is a bit muddy, but it isn't bad.

Edit: Could you also tell me your VST's? I'd like to know some of the more leady synth stuff.

I went back to look at the .flp (I use FL Studio 11) and I remember now that this entire track was to test the new vanilla plugin for FL 11 called Harmor. Harmor is ~50% of the synths you hear. Another one of my favorites on this is "Four Bits" from the Sawer plugin, also vanilla. Believe it or not, the only non-vanilla VST I used for this was EWQLSO and that was for the orchestral instruments. If you want, I could make a short list of VST's that I think you'll need if you want to make these kinds of tracks. 

I went back to look at the .flp (I use FL Studio 11) and I remember now that this entire track was to test the new vanilla plugin for FL 11 called Harmor. Harmor is ~50% of the synths you hear. Another one of my favorites on this is "Four Bits" from the Sawer plugin, also vanilla. Believe it or not, the only non-vanilla VST I used for this was EWQLSO and that was for the orchestral instruments. If you want, I could make a short list of VST's that I think you'll need if you want to make these kinds of tracks. 

Ah. I personally use Logic Pro X. I've already got Massive and FM8. I've also got some freeware synths, but I have a major problem. My Mac is not detecting any VST's or AU's. I've got a couple of them in their respective plug-in folders, but neither Logic nor Live can find them. Doesn't matter if it's .component or .vst, 32 or 64 bit, they are just not found by the DAWs. And yes, I am aware that Logic only supports 64 bit AU, but that is not detected either. I've tried forcing it to scan, reinstalling stuff and pretty much anything, but it still won't ever detect them. I've even set Live to pull VST's out of the folder where I put them, and it still can not detect them. The Logic forums are baffled by this.

Anyways, I'm not really looking into producing this type of dubstep. I will put a few tracks down here (links to the drop) that represent the kind of stuff I like (including other genres):

Vexare - Still Remaining

Noisestorm - Backlash

Shock One - Polygon (second drop)

Vexare - Lanterns (ft. Sarah Howells)

Dirtyphonics - Vandals (second drop)

Xeuphoria - Arcane Flux

Maduk - Believe (ft. Hebe Vrijhof) (last part of first drop)

Madeon - Technicolor

Ah. I personally use Logic Pro X. I've already got Massive and FM8. I've also got some freeware synths, but I have a major problem. My Mac is not detecting any VST's or AU's. I've got a couple of them in their respective plug-in folders, but neither Logic nor Live can find them. Doesn't matter if it's .component or .vst, 32 or 64 bit, they are just not found by the DAWs. And yes, I am aware that Logic only supports 64 bit AU, but that is not detected either. I've tried forcing it to scan, reinstalling stuff and pretty much anything, but it still won't ever detect them. I've even set Live to pull VST's out of the folder where I put them, and it still can not detect them. The Logic forums are baffled by this.

Anyways, I'm not really looking into producing this type of dubstep. I will put a few tracks down here (links to the drop) that represent the kind of stuff I like (including other genres):

Vexare - Still Remaining

Noisestorm - Backlash

Shock One - Polygon (second drop)

Vexare - Lanterns (ft. Sarah Howells)

Dirtyphonics - Vandals (second drop)

Xeuphoria - Arcane Flux

Maduk - Believe (ft. Hebe Vrijhof) (last part of first drop)

Madeon - Technicolor

Oh man, that's some real good stuff. Dubstep isn't really my thing, I just make a stab at it every once in a while so complicated things like the examples you listed are beyond my pay grade. I do know that Cyclop is fantastic for bass and synth and that a ton of dubstep producers use a lot of FX plug ins to change sounds entirely. I'm really not the person to ask though, else I would totally help more. About your plugin problem, I've never used a Mac to make music so I have no idea on that either. If you had FL, I could answer most any question but that's not the case. Sorry I couldn't be of more help :(