Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

GO TO POST-2014 MLPF WORLD CUP THREAD FOR FINAL RESULTS

Inactive01

Even though I voted for Dash, I really feel sorry for Big Mac :mellow:

Eeyup! Part of why I voted for Big Mac, I like both characters and I knew Dashie didn't need my bel; she has too much swag.

post-26689-0-71471600-1404496748_thumb.jpg

Not sure why my phone posts sideways

post-26689-0-48922400-1404496786_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 2

That's good idea, otherwise it's obvious that the last matches are only mane 6 vs mane 6.

Personally i would love to see a mane 6 vs non mane 6 in a final battle. But the way this tourney was,ya that was never going to happen.  :P

• Brohoof 2

I must admit i agree....tho im not sure if the matchups where randomized and they just ended up like this s this is my first time paying attention to one of these popularity tournaments.

It would be funny to see a mane 6 vs in a first round match lol.

The matches were randomized at the group stages, and then the group winners and runner ups were supposed to face each other as per FIFA World Cup regulations. 

Actually, that was entirely possible... Pinkie Pie had the possibility of facing a Mane 6 character if the draw had gone a certain way.

• Brohoof 2

The matches were randomized at the group stages, and then the group winners and runner ups were supposed to face each other as per FIFA World Cup regulations. 

Actually, that was entirely possible... Pinkie Pie had the possibility of facing a Mane 6 character if the draw had gone a certain way.

I see,well i guess that clears up the complaints of a 'staged tourney'.  :derp:

Maybe next time we will see a mane 6 vs mane 6 early bout! :)

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

I see,well i guess that clears up the complaints of a 'staged tourney'.   :derp:

Maybe next time we will see a mane 6 vs mane 6 early bout!  :)

Well, for more detail, I put the 32 qualified characters into 4 pots of 8 like this, based on how well they did in World Cup Qualifying:

post-1689-0-54297900-1404499322_thumb.png

Each of the 8 groups in the World Cup contained one character from each pot, randomly drawn. From that, this combo was possible:

Discord

Princess Cadance/Luna

Princess Celestia

Sunset Shimmer

Or....

Applejack

Pinkie Pie

Granny Smith

Daring Do

Or...

Rainbow Dash

Derpy Hooves

Spitfire

Soarin

Or...

Scootaloo

Vinyl Scratch

Octavia

Shining Armor

So yeah. Lots of random possibilities.

Edited by Sterling Crimson
  • Brohoof 1

The Element Of Loyalty 

rainbow_dash_wallpaper_by_cripplergfx-d5

Rainbow Dash

Well, for more detail, I put the 32 qualified characters into 4 pots of 8 like this, based on how well they did in World Cup Qualifying:

attachicon.gifWorld Cup Pots.PNG

Each of the 8 groups in the World Cup contained one character from each pot, randomly drawn. From that, this combo was possible:

Discord

Princess Cadance/Luna

Princess Celestia

Sunset Shimmer

Or....

Applejack

Pinkie Pie

Granny Smith

Daring Do

Or...

Rainbow Dash

Derpy Hooves

Spitfire

Soarin

Or...

Scootaloo

Vinyl Scratch

Octavia

Shining Armor

So yeah. Lots of random possibilities.

Oh-my,you really wanted to make yourself clear on this,very pro. This should bury any skepticism.  :)

• Brohoof 3

The Element Of Loyalty 

img-2809307-1-rainbow_dash_wallpaper_by_

Rainbow Dash

Oh-my,you really wanted to make yourself clear on this,very pro. This should bury any skepticism.  :)

Well of course. I don't want to be branded a fixer like the FIFA tournaments are often called. It's all in the spirit of fun and luck really. The draw changes to a different scenario each time you perform it, and I can't control who goes where, especially since I blind-folded myself and folded the pieces of paper equally to prevent any bias.

At the same time, these tournaments are also supposed to see who's got the most vocal and most supportive fans. In my view, the background ponies could have done much more, but scampered away because they lost hope too quickly or were too busy. More thoughts on that after the World Cup is finished...

• Brohoof 3

A preview of what is to come tonight at 9:00 pm EST...

Tonight, at 9:30 pm EST... Moonbutt the Princess of the Night emerges to face... her greatest rival yet in Flutterbutt  :blush: , wait no... Fwuttashy  :wub: ... NO! FLUTTERSHY! THERE WE GO! *Ahem!* Yes. It will be a record fourth time these ponies have come face to face in a major voting tournament, and the first encounter in the MLPF World Cup. However, the stakes are much higher! While Fluttershy and Luna's last three matchups have occurred in the Sweet Sixteen (equivalent to World Cup's Round of 16), this matchup will see which one will be placed into the semifinals of the 2014 MLPF World Cup. Both characters are three wins away from World Cup glory, and the first of these needs to happen here! And now we have special interviews from both Fluttershy and Luna!

tumblr_mb1n8fdIP01regjpno1_500.gif 

"Why Fluttershy... this is Sterling here, your friend remember? Please reserve your war face for the match ok...  :blush:  NOW TO HEAR FROM LUNA!"

tumblr_ltkue15mlc1r37xdno1_1280.gif?AWSA

"BEHOLD MY ROYAL CANTERLOT VOICE!!! I SHALL SMITE THIS YELLOW PONY TO THE GROUND LIKE I HAST DONE IN THE LAST NIGHTMARE NIGHT!"

"Well you heard them both... they're both fired up surely... anthems to come at 9:00 pm EST.

• Brohoof 3

Im voting Luna too,so looks like we will be in agreement as far as our vote this time :)

My votes dont always make sense in this tourny. I am not picking the most popular or the stronger... I am pickin what i think is underappreciated since most of the time my decision/vote doesn't change the predictability of the whole thing.

In any case i think we agreed on Queen Chrysalis as well.

I am sorry i am not completely aligned with the popularity side of this contest. Its just me... Sorry... I just don't consider popularity the major constant for my vote.

• Brohoof 1

Gotta go with the big guy.

Never been a big fan of Rainbow.

Big Mac is the kind of guy I can crack open a cold one with and have a splendid conversation without having to say anything at all.

• Brohoof 1

Personally, I'm still not sure who I like best between Luna and Fluttershy; love them both. Will probably wind up voting for Luna because she's my wife's favorite pony...

Can't wait until tomorrow Sterling. You may may want to turn notifications off on this thread.

:D

• Brohoof 2