private Pokemon Gijinka Academy! (REBOOT)

That One Techpriest You Used To Know

Zach ahd watched the battle ensue with growing interest. The teacher used very unorthodox techniques that seemed to work well in his favor. This Rune kid seemed fairly good as well, but Zach couldn't tell from the short length of the battle. Huh... I think I'll like this class.

Dustin had snuck in during the battle and had sat down quietly near the end of the bleachers. He saw Amaya and Dark and Joshu, and looked around for any other familiar faces. Oh... those are the only people I've met so far... Dustin sat quietly and watched as the teacher asked if there were any questions. 

Darius Corsac

Darius nods at Rune, his wand flicking out of his sleeve again just briefly to levitate his tome to him off of the desk before disappearing back up his sleeve.  "Yes, perhaps you're correct..."

Darius takes his tome and holds it under his arm, reaching up to adjust his glasses out of habit before continuing.  "I'm sure that in your time you've all seen at least one pokemon battle, at the very least watched the League Championships on TV.  Official challenges are much more akin to a traditional battle than a sparring match is - they go until one side forfeits, or is deemed unable to continue by the judge."

Glancing around at the gathered students, particularly the newer ones, Darius nods slightly.  "An official challenge must be between two willing participants.  If you're challenged by another student you are of course under no obligation to accept, although it is encouraged.  If both parties are agreeable, the next step is to find a faculty member to act as your judge.  Of course I am always available, but if you would prefer another faculty member to act in that position, feel free to ask.  We're all qualified here."  He lets his gaze drift towards where Claudia is floating by the wall and winks at the other instructor.

"Both participants must submit to their judge the list of moves that they know at the time of the battle, so that the judge may be prepared and can step in should things get out of control.  This list will be for the judge's eyes only, have no fear, your strategy won't be leaked to your opponent beforehand...  It is entirely a safety precaution.  A few select attacks are strictly banned from being used against other students, you'll find the list in the library under the school's guidelines."

He reaches to adjust his glasses again, watching the students and trying to gauge if they're following what he's saying.  "Everything about an official challenge is done professionally - after everything has been met, then the judge will schedule the challenge for the next available time frame within the next couple of days.  All challenges are open to the Academy to spectate - you can learn by watching as much as you can by participating.  Attendance is not mandatory, but it is highly encouraged."

"That being said, if you expect to receive full credit in my course, I expect you to participate in at least a couple of these challenges before the end of the year.  I don't want a full influx of challenges within the first couple weeks of class, but I also don't want to be flooded with last-minute challenges at the end of the year, alright?  The faculty and judges stand by for the safety of the students, a battle like this is nothing to be afraid of...  It's our job to ensure that none of you are hurt."

He waves a hand as he starts concluding the lecture on the challenges.  "I also hope to see many of you attend other's challenges to watch and learn - yes, I do pay attention to who shows up in the crowds.  There is no limit to the number of challenges you can partake in throughout the year, so long as you don't over exert yourselves.  You may challenge the same person multiple times if you wish, if you desire to test your growing prowess against a friend, though we also encourage you to step out of your respective comfort zones and compete with your other fellow students."

A friendly smile comes to Darius' face as he tilts his head slightly, patting the thick book under his arm.  "I know, that's a lot to take in on your first day...  If anyone has any questions, I'd be happy to answer them.  You can also find a list of the official rules in the school handbook."

@@Suitaloo

Dusk turned to his big pal and laughed a little out of his own nervousness.

"Let's Just say I....did something dumb...but I'll tell you more about it later.." He said as he phased through Lolita's arms in order to catch his breath again as he sat down.

@,

Dusk stared in awe at the teaching prowess of the Delphox Professor. He knew the rules and the courtesy when it came to actually having a battle...well guess he wouldn't be the Battle teacher if he didn't, but still it was amazing to see him go on about it in such a fashion. He had forgotten how amazing it was to be in a school focused on teaching young people like him how to deal with their differences. Huh...teaching...that sounds amazing..Though upon hearing the guidelines of getting full credit in his class, he felt a little squeamish that he HAD to battle other people. He didn't mind watching other people...but...ohhh man..

Dusk decided to scan the room at this point with the instructor concluding his lecture. The different faces he saw...the various varieties of Gijinkas in the gymnasium was astounding. These are the people he would spend the rest of his school years with...if he didn't get expelled first that is...he was still worried what waited for him after class was finished. Dusk broke into a sweat and hung his head again...he really was a definite worry wort. But as for battles....how would he go about them...all he knew were ghost-type moves...and he was a terrible fighter, this was going to be a tricky class.

Outside the classroom our favorite librarian was holding a sign that said, 'Will Judge 4 Students' and a huge grin on her face. She had been eavesdropping, because the early library rush combined with the lack of anybody in there now made her starved for attention. Teachers need friends too, after all. Although, she still hadn't give up her cosplay helmet or wooden sword.

Synthia calmed down and opened her eyes, feeling a little bit more tired but otherwise unaware she'd blown a move.

• Brohoof 1

Nik nodded. All right, his first step was going to be to challenge Dusk. That ghost boy had irritated him far too many times and it would be cathartic to take him on. 

@

"Can I issue a challenge right now?" Ni asked, raising his hand and waiting to be called on. He was confident in his ability to take on Dusk and even if Dusk was stronger than he looked, Nik could always just beat himself up and then use Transform to switch bodies

Darius Corsac

@,

Darius sighs quietly and waves a hand slightly, as though in a 'settle down' kind of motion.  "Patience, please, as I mentioned today is only the first day of class.  Not everyone who comes here for their first time has experience in battle - as such, we try to give a grace period so that new students may grow accustomed to their moves before being expected to use them for real."

He reaches up to adjust his glasses again, his smile never leaving his face.  "We do make exceptions, of course - if two students agree beforehand, in private, and then approach to ask a faculty member to act as a judge, we can schedule something.  We just don't want public call-outs on the first few days of class, is that clear?  It's also highly recommended that students look over the official rules in the handbook before agreeing to their first challenge."

@@

Dusk was eager to study further about the official battle rules in his student handbook. He skimmed over that section of the book knowing he'd probably want to get into it later after Battle Class. Dusk immediately knew Nik wanted to settle things and beat the ever living doodoo out of him, and what's worse it would be in front of everybody too. First day of classes and he'd already look like the weak ghost he really was. Power would never be in his favor if he were to survive in this class...so he had to get tricky...he had to live up to the Trickster reputation ghost-types displayed in order to make up for his huge weaknesses. The question was though...how..

Dusk was deep in thought once again as he had that familiar thinking gesture from earlier this morning. Contemplating and devising strategies for himself was probably one of the newest things he was made to do in this new environment, but if that actually pays off..only time could tell. One was certain, he couldn't run away from this, not now not ever again. Whether he would win or lose, he had to stand up to this new ordeal, so if anyone were to challenge him be it out of good or bad intent...he'd accept it.

Nik read the guide book. No crippling moves, no mentally damaging moves(Nightmare for example), and make sure to not use any possibly fatal moves. Nik smirked as he read through the book. Good, he could still use his favorite tactics of his tail and feet. Even if that didn't work out, Nik was sure Hyper Beam could do anything

Ms Claudia gave an exaggerated sigh as she plucked the witches hat from her head, and flicked it towards the students in the bleachers. She cast Darius a wink before speaking " And if i may add..."

"Although I do love to watch you pups take our your sexual agression on each other-" Her eyes flickered between Nik and Dusk as she said so, " Now that you are aware of the rules, I'm afraid that any unapproved fights, or unapproved move usage during battles will result in severe punishment. And if am the one who must deal such punishment, expulsion will be the least of your worries....Now, is that understood?~ I do hope so!" Ms Claudia chirped with an out of place, cheerful tone. 

In past years the school did not stress the importance of following the rules quite enough, and the year before a Tarous gijinka boy had punched another student straight through a wall and head first into the water fountain. 

Edited by lyridiandandan

@,

Dusk stared at the ghostly professor and was...actually he didn't know WHAT to think about that. Severe punishment worse than expulsion...he didn't even want to think about what THAT could be. Dusk sighed and leaned his elbows on his knees as he slouched slightly, his fatigue coming to him from the events that happened prior to the beginning of class. He waited quietly and in thought to see what else the professors had to say...or to ultimately get challenged to a battle by Nik or some other person.

Darius Corsac

Darius chuckles quietly before waving a hand dismissingly, turning to walk back to his desk.  "Alright, class for today is dismissed.  Starting tomorrow we'll begin sparring with the dummies...  Try and find a regular training partner before the week is out, if you could."  He sits down on the edge of his desk, setting his book down and looking at Dusk and Nik.

@@SleeplessSketch@,

"The two I mentioned before class began, please report here to my desk while the other students are exiting the gym..."

Rune stood up and made for the door. He noticed a stronger looking Gijinka with a pair of swords himself. 'Hm... Interesting... He might be a good sparring partner, provided he can handle his swords.' Rune thought.

@@SleeplessSketch

Koh patted his ghostly buddy on the back. "Don't get in trouble, hoapilli." He said as he reached for his girlfriend's hand. "Come on, pau, let's get to our next class."

@@Suitaloo@,@,

Zach glanced at Rune as the Gallade gijinka walked past him, returning a curious look. Zach finally noticed the sabers that the boy had, somehow missing the comment that Darius had made about them. Oh I see... Another sword wielder could be interesting... Zach gave a slight nod as the boy went by and began to get up and go over to Zoey and Amaya. "Oh I'm gonna have fun in this class!"

Dustin stood up and looked around. He wanted to be somewhere more quiet, which was nearly impossible in a school, so he just settled with avoiding anyone in the room. 

Synthia tapped Rune's shoulder: "Umm, will you be my doubles partner, if we get to a double battle?" She kind of wrung her hands together, looking down and away, "I haven't really met anyone else and, well..." I like you... She was thankful he seemed have forgotten last night.

@@Suitaloo

Dusk smiled at Koh at exhaled a bit as he began to float down towards the professor's desk. Once there he settled himself down on the ground and stood up waiting for his capital punishment, but not before another stern lecture. He saw Mr.Darius as one of those cool and sly teachers that were pretty wise in what they did, but that rarely came with an authoritative side that could bring down the hammer if they needed too.

@

"Dusk...h-here and accounted for sir.." Dusk said quite nervously in front te teacher. Now that he was up close and on a ground level, the teacher looked very much intimidating through Dusk's point of view. Though he'd probably have to steel himself in order to explain himself clearly and without all the shuddering

Edited by SleeplessSketch

@

Nik kept a confident look on his face as he walked forward. It was all he could do to keep the Facade up. God, now was not the time for this to happen! Nik began threading his fingers, a nervous tic he had ocassionally. He had to keep it together, look strong. Those who looked weak were weak

Darius Corsac

@@SleeplessSketch,

@

Darius sat quietly on the edge of his desk as the two of them came forward.  He simply stared quietly at them for a little bit, not saying anything.  In reality he was just listening for the sounds of the other students leaving to make sure they were alone in the gym before speaking, but the fact that he could use it to try and intimidate them a little bit helped too.  Not that he wanted to scare the students, but he did need to ensure they remembered that they were students here at the academy.

One of his large ears flicks a little as the door closes, and he reaches up to adjust his glasses as he starts.  "Now, I don't know the story on why you two were fighting.  And since I didn't arrive on the scene until it was ending, I don't need to hear it."  He holds up a finger to cut off any protests.  "As it is, anything I'd hear about the fight would just be one person's word against the other.  As such, I believe the fairest way to settle this would be to punish you both."

He lowers his hands to let them rest in his lap, the edge of his mouth twitching into the beginnings of a smile again.  "Now, I don't plan to expel either of you, so put your minds at ease.  You're here to learn, and our institution plays a vital role in helping growing gijinka.  We don't want to kick anyone out unless we're left with no other choice.  However, we can't have students fighting anytime they want without supervision."

He waves a hand, his wand once more sliding out of the sleeve of his robe to rest in his palm.  "Normally I would assign you both detention and dock points from today's class, as though you'd chosen to skip.  However, since it's the first day, I'm feeling generous...  So I want both of you to write a report for me instead.  At least a page in length, over the strengths of each other's typing.  Fact, not opinion.  You'll need to cite your sources, so I expect the lovely Ms. Molly will find your company in the library this evening.  Have both reports on my desk when class begins tomorrow or I'll be forced to subtract today's points from your grade."

With a flick of Darius' wand, he opens the doors to the gym again.  He does let himself smile now, and nods towards the door.  "Fair enough, hmm?  Now go on, both of you lads need to get to your next class.  And don't let me catch you doing it again, or the punishment will be more severe."

Zoey

@@Ampharos,

@,

Zoe makes a face at Zach's comment, her ears drooping against her head.  "Ugh, at least one of us will, I guess.  It sounds like work to me.  I've never been in a battle before!  Does it hurt?"  Zoe gasps and quickly brings a hand to her face.  "What if I get a bruise or something?  If I have to fight like some kind of brute, my figure is going to be ruined!  What if I break a nail!?  Doyouknowhowmuchithurtswhentheseclawsgetchipped!?"  

The Zorua girl was obviously starting to panic at the thought of her appearance getting marred - evidenced by the lack of breathing between words.  Her fox-like ears were flat against her skull, and it would appear that if her tail was longer it probably would have been tucked between her legs... 

Edited by Lhee

@

"Or course I would." Rune said, his eyes glowing. The thought of being her knight in shining armor, well, that would be too good of an offer to pass up! "Now, since you know Helping Hand, and I know Close Combat, if I set up with a Power up Punch, then next turn you use Helping Hand and I use Close Combat, I'll be able to do massive damage, but not without your help of course."

Edited by Suitaloo
  • Brohoof 1

@,

Zach snorted and shook his head. Not at the question, but at Zoey's reaction. "I'm sure you'll be fine. Just try not to glam up to much if you have to do a battle. I say 'try' and 'not too much' cause I can already tell how you are." Zach gave a teasing grin and looked towards the door, waiting for Dusk to come out. "And yes, it can hurt a bit. I've got some pretty wicked bumps and bruises. Although that's from more... unorthodox fighting. In these kinds of battles I'm sure you'll get nothing more than some scrapes."  

@

Upon hearing the requirements of what his punishment was, Dusk key out a silent sigh of relief. Research as a punishment? Why he adored doing research! But on normal-type pokemon? This would be very interesting indeed, he was kind of...ecstatic actually, but it was hard to tell albeit him hiding behind a mask and all.

"Yes sir Mr.Darius! I'll do my best!" Dusk said with just a bit of enthusiasm in his voice.

"A-and thank you.." He remarked as he got up and floated towards the door leaving the two behind.

@@@Ampharos

Once arriving outside he let out one of the biggest sighs of relief as he slouched and slid against a wall. He saw his two buddies, Zoey and Zach having a chat while they waited for him, what good pals. He floated on over to make conversation with them.

"Hey guys, what did you think about the first class so far?" Dusk said as he gained most of his composure back from the lecturing he received as well as his extra assignment.

Edited by SleeplessSketch

Zoey

@@SleeplessSketch,

@@Ampharos

Zoey turns towards Dusk when she hears him approach, her ears still flat against her head and her eyes still wide.  While Zach's reassurances had helped some, she was still rather panicked about all the thoughts she'd conjured herself...  But this was her appearance at stake!  She didn't feel like she was over reacting in the slightest!

"It's awful!  I'm going to have to get into a fight and I'm going to get hit in the face and mylooksaregoingtogetruinedandI'mgoingtolooklikeahockeyplayer!"  Her voice became higher pitched near the end as she started to run out of air, the Zorua girl clasping her hands over her mouth.  This was serious business, to her anyways!

@Lhee

Razor had enjoyed their first class. She stood up at the dismissal and lifted her bookbag. "Well, Im pretty glad I didnt have to fight anything today." She voiced her thoughts out loud and put the Battle Class handbook she had been reading in back in her bag which she swung over on her back, barely missing a gijinka behind her, making her wince a little. Raxor thought about the part where the teacher told the class they should decide on partners. The potential partner thar came to mind was Lhee, who was shaping out to be a pretty good person she might actually consider a friend one day. She wanted to ask who he would choose but didnt believe she should.

@Suitaloo

The class was "really amazingly fun" for the Skitty to sit through and left just as excited as her enterance. Lolita turned her head to wave bye very happily to Dusk while holding her beloved Koh's hand with the other. "Yaay lets go!" She exclaimed and gave a smile.

Nik calmed down somewhat. Research? That wouldn't be too bad....except that Nik knew nothing of ghost types. That meant he'd talk to Amaya, then she'd talk to Dusk to calm the ghost down, then he'd talk to Dusk. Perfect plan. Nik prepared to teleport and had his concentration scattered by a fly buzzing around his nose and the Teleport went awry.

@@Ampharos,@@SleeplessSketch, @,  

Nik burst out of the Teleport in front of the three, rather dizzy from the spoiled teleport. Then he realized he was in front of Dusk. The ghost was paranoid and had slammed him against a wall last time he did anything near wrong. 

"Oops" Nik managed to mutter to Dusk, Zoey, and Zach. Even Nik's ego knew that taking on two skilled fighters at once was idiotic, three would be impossible

@@Ampharos, @@SleeplessSketch, @, @

Melissa waved bye to Joshu and Dark. She walked outside to head to her next class when she accidentally bumped into Nik.

"Hi Nik. How are you?" For now, she will forgive Nik for what he did. She said hi the others in the group. "What are we doing here when we've got a class to get to? By the way, Zoe, do you want to be my partner for training and double battles?" Melissa really hoped she would say yes.

@@DarkDarsi

"Hey Dark, we had better get to our next class." Noticing that Dark fell asleep Joshu hurriedly snapped his fingers in front of Dark's face. "Come on, we haven't got all day!" Joshu whined.

Edited by Piece Bot

Nik calmed down somewhat. Research? That wouldn't be too bad....except that Nik knew nothing of ghost types. That meant he'd talk to Amaya, then she'd talk to Dusk to calm the ghost down, then he'd talk to Dusk. Perfect plan. Nik prepared to teleport and had his concentration scattered by a fly buzzing around his nose and the Teleport went awry.

@@Ampharos,@@SleeplessSketch, @,  

Nik burst out of the Teleport in front of the three, rather dizzy from the spoiled teleport. Then he realized he was in front of Dusk. The ghost was paranoid and had slammed him against a wall last time he did anything near wrong. 

"Oops" Nik managed to mutter to Dusk, Zoey, and

Zach. Even Nik's ego knew that taking on two skilled fighters at once was idiotic, three would be impossible

Zach had opened his mouth to answer Dusk's question when a figure appeared in front of the small group. Zach made an odd noise and reached for one of the handles on his back before he realized it was Nik. Zach sighed in frustration but didn't get defensive. Nik looked pretty dazed, maybe an accident? Zach took his hand way and put in his pocket. "Oh. Hey Nik." Zach greeted the boy in an even tone, not wanting to start anything.

((On mobile so sorry if there are typos))