movies/tv Apart from FIM (of course) whats your favorite kids show?

Twilight Mist

Britt Allcroft's (She is the creator of Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends) The Magic Adventures of Mumfie. This cartoon is about an elephant who was all alone and had no friends, so he set out to find an adventure. He wound up meeting Scarecrow and Pinkey the Flying Pig and went to an island to help the Queen of Night (voiced by Britt Allcroft herself, surprisingly) bring happiness back to her island that was taken over by the Secretary of Night. This story was told in a movie called "Mumfie's Quest." After the movie, two seasons of the show were made. Each episode is 10 minutes long, but it aired in America as a twenty minute show with two stories and a Mumfie Melody, which were AMV-like music videos of two songs from Mumfie's Quest. These were usually played in between stories. My favorite character is Bristle because he is so hilarious. He mostly likes RUUEELS (how he pronounces rules) and sometimes, he likes keeping everything clean and tidy. 

Here is a funny moment of Bristle's from "All Work and No Play". Mumfie has just finished doing Bristle's job for him (he wanted a job in the episode like how his friend Scarecrow has a job by scaring crows for the farmer) and Bristle notices Mumfie did something wrong:

Bristle: Ah-ha! (points to picture of The Queen of Night) You've made a mistake! You didn't straighten the Queen's picture! 

Mumfie: I know, I-

Bristle: That's alright, Mumfie! Everyone makes mistakes! (laughs) Except for me, of course!

Mumfie: Pardon me, Bristle, but I think there is a rule that says to leave all royal pictures as they were found.

Bristle: Oh no, no such RUUEEL exists! 

Mumfie: Perhaps you forgot about it?

Bristle: (sounding a bit angred) Ha! Impossible!

Mumfie: I think it's on page 555 and-(Bristle angrily snatches the book from Mumfie) Is there anymore I can do to help?

Bristle: No, that will be all, you've done quite enough. Thank you for your assistance...My goodness!

Mumfie: What's wrong?

Bristle: (Tugging his shirt) What's wrong is that you're right. (clears throat) Now, go and play, isn't that what you like to do best?

I also like this conversation from the exact same episode the "Bristle forgets about a rule" scene came from. The Queen of Night sometimes teaches great lessons to Mumfie and his friends, and this conversations shows us one of them.

Queen of Night: Your job is to be a kind and loyal friend who helps people in their time of need.

Mumfie: That's a job?

Queen of Night: It most certainly is. One of the most important jobs of all.

Mumfie: It doesn't feel like a job.

Queen of Night: On this day alone, you've been a good friend by helping out Scarecrow, Pinkey, Fifi, Davy Jones, and Bristle. 

Mumfie: I have! You're right, Your Majesty! 

Queen of Night: Sometimes, being a friend can be a full time occupation. 

You can watch Magic Adventures of Mumfie on Hulu Plus. You can also find the movie, Mumfie's Quest on there. I recommend that you watch the film first before you watch the show. 

Episodes I recommend:

• Orders are Orders (Listed as Orders is Orders, this is a Bristle episode and is really funny. Any episode with him is guaranteed to have him say or do something hilarious.) 
  • Scarecrowella 
  • Reigning Cats and Dogs
  • French Lessons
  • Bristle's Blues
  • Bristle's Holiday
  • Mind Over Manners
  • Time Waits for No Mumfie
  • A Fishy Tale
  • The Amazing Scarecrow
  • The Guest
  • Mumfie's Lost Button (I'm warning you, this episode seems like it was made on drugs by having ridiculous things happen during it.)
  • Upside-Down Magic
  • Things That Go Bump
  • Scarecrow's Birthday Surprise
  • The Sad Cloud
  • Pinkey's First Winter
  • Mumfie and the Well-Wisher
  • Napoleon Moves In
  • Making a Stand 
  • Pretty as a Picture
  • A Royal Mis-Understanding
  • Mumfie Can't Say No
  • The Whole Tooth
  • All Work and No Play
  • The Black Cat Dissapears
Edited by CurePrincess

i like gravity falls!! also if adventure time counts as a kids show lol and courage the cowardly dog omg

i like a lot of cartoons, but not all of them are for kids :) like south park haha.

Edited by Techno-chan

• 2 weeks later...

Well there is Avatar the Last Airbender, The Legend of Korra, Gravity Falls, Dexter's Laboratory, Powerpuff Girls, The Littlest Pet Shop both the nineties and the current versions, The Swat Kats, Kim Possible, Buzz Lightyear of Star Command, Batman the Animated Series, and for any I missed anything from the nineties.  

• 6 months later...

Out of things that're still making new episodes, I'll go with Littlest Pet Shop and The Legend of Korra. LPS is a charming and silly show that has a lot of the same appeal MLP does, but in its own universe and with its own unique and lovable characters. Definitely worth a try, and the humor and fun atmosphere are pretty captivating ^_^. And while LoK is far from the masterpiece that The Last Airbender was, it looks on track to become an amazing show in its own right as of this most recent season. It's definitely the best-looking cartoon I've seen.

and no I'm not just talking about Korra and Asami

• Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...

Gravity Falls! Even if it's more aimed towards adolescents, I always get a kick out of watching this show. At this point I may even like it more than MLP:FiM. I love GF for its characters, its stories and its continuity.

Gravity Falls! Even if it's more aimed towards adolescents, I always get a kick out of watching this show. At this point I may even like it more than MLP:FiM. I love GF for its characters, its stories and its continuity.

Gravity Falls is aimed at kids 6-14. So while adolescents are a part of that audience, it also includes younger children as well. But yeah, it does have a habit of pushing the censors.

• Brohoof 1