Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What is Everypony's Favorite Pokemon and Type?

DarxDash

Favorite Type  

87 users have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite pokemon type?

• Normal
    • Fire
    • Water
    • Grass
    • Electric
    • Ice
    • Fighting
    • Poison
    • Ground
    • Flying
    • Psychic
    • Bug
    • Rock
    • Ghost
    • Dragon
    • Dark
    • Steel
    • Fairy

Mine would have to be Absol. I simply love how he looks and I'm kinda sad how he was looked over until the new mega evolution. But even then I still like his first form. I've never had a Absol without the move "Psycho Cut" I feel like it's one of his signature moves!

IclK3cV.jpg

Edited by Zephyr Vortex

My favorites would have to be: 

1.) Gardevoir 

2.) Lucario 

3.) Latias 

I base my preferences on how I imagine them to be as companions if pokemon were real.  :lol:

I appear to have posted in here before, but since then I've fallen in love with Ninetales and Milotic. Both are extremely graceful and majestic Pokemon, and I like using my Ninetales to cook everything in sight when I actually play the games :P

You know, I don't think I reaally have a favorite Pokémon anymore. There are just so many that I like and have raised that I don't think I could pick just one, or even a couple. It should be noted that I do have a favorite type though, which is Dragon, so Pokémon of that type are what I tend to use the most. A Dragon type in particular that I've been loving lately is Dragalge from X/Y though, so I guess it's basically my favorite atm, a lot of the gen 6 Pokémon are pretty incredible though so a lot of the rest them are rising in my favoritism as well. :lol:

Braixen and Delphox are two of my new and absolute favorites. Nothing tops them really. Not even my old favorites of Growlithe and Arcanine. The moment I saw their designs, I was just so taken... it felt so right, so me-ish. I could identify with Braixen immediately. It had almost everything I loved in a monster design. Canine, anthropomorphic, beautiful, graceful, feminine... and Fire, of course! The fact that it's based on a witch with magical abilities only makes it the more appealing, as I have quite an obsession for spells and the like. 

Just look at them, man. Such brilliance:

Braixen_(dream_world).png

shiny_delphox_dream_world_by_krocf4-d6s6

Edited by Arylett Dawnsborough
  • Brohoof 1

I think I'd alreadyposted here, but my list.

1. Rayquaza- DUH.

2. Pikachu- Most adorable pokemon :3 Also, one of the strongest basics.

3. Dusknoir- Simple. PUNCH MOVES OUT THE ASS. He also gains EXP quickly.

4. Sceptile- The only decent grass starter final evolution (IMO)

Also, overally an amazing pokemon, high speed and much fury. (Now I sound like a doge Fawful.)

5. Exploud. Great stats, can learn most moves as well.

This is probably the hardest choice in my life~

but... i'll say Sylveon, i just love Fairy types so much. (Even running a full team of Fairy)

If you exclude Eeveelutions....

Snivy

Fennekin/Braixen/Delphox

Goomy/Sliggoo/Goodra

Mawile

The Meowstic family

Lugia

Victini

Too many. D:

Edited by Jonke

My favorite pokemon used to be Garchomp. It was a pokemon that looked cool and was awesome to me. After playing Y though, I found a pokemon that took my heart away, Noivern. It is a bat dragon. That is just really cool in my opinion. Not only that, but I find Noivern to be very cute. Sorry Garchomp, you have been replaced. :)

noivern.png

Call me a genwunner if you will but my favorite is, has been, and always will be Charizard. He was my first Pokémon I got in my Blue version that I maxed the play clock on. And I always beat all my friends using him. That was back in the day when the game was a lot simpler and you could use brute force to take out any opponent lol

These are my top 5. Not because they're good or anything like that. It's only because I like them. Maybe they're awesome looking. Or maybe I used them in a game and I sorta got an emotional attachment to these Pokémon. But here are the 5 I picked.

1. Charizard

2. Manectric

3. Typholosion

4. Umbreon

5. Samurott

Note that I didn't include legendaries. Because Lugia, Ho-Oh, Mew, Moltres, Zapdos, and Articuno, Rayquaza, Latios and Latias and others like that can be on here. Others I would have liked to include here are Dragonite, Tyranitar, Salamence, Metagross, Flygon, Gardevoir, Blaziken, Mudkip, Cacturne, Absol, Ampharos, Feraligatr, Ursaring, Shedinja, Aggron, Glalie, Walrein, Piplup, Pachirisu, Pikachu, Garchomp, Emolga, Ferrothorn, Nikoking and Nidoqueen, Persian, Blastoise, Sandslash, Arcanine, Alakazam, Rapidash, Gengar, Cubone, Rhydon, Scyther, Gyarados, Lapras, Kabutops, and all the Eevee evolutions...And probably a lot more. These are all pokemon I came to love throughout my time playing the game. :)

I haven't played Gen VI yet and I'm not sure that I plan on it. I think I'm about to throw in the towel on new Pokémon games. 

And I'm not a genwunner. Actually, Gen II is my favorite generation. It was such a step up from Gen I. Fewer glitches, day/night cycle and evolutions that were affected by it, frienship evolution, hold items, and so forth. I loved Gen II.

Here's something for ya as well: Gen V was the first not to feature the Kanto region in any way. Gen III had the remakes of Gen I and Gen IV had the remakes of Gen II, with Gen II and the remakes allowing you to travel there. So Kanto was featured in four consecutive generations. Kinda neat, I thought. :)

Edited by ~Sadistic Luna~

So, I have a problem/question and since this is the "favorite Pokemon thread" I'm asking it here.

My knowledge of Pokemon as a video game is largely confined to Generations 1 and 2. I played Soul Silver but only because it's a remake of a Gen 2 game.

My problem with the generations after that has to do with A: too many Pokemon that just seem lame to me (Luvdisc, anyone?) and B: the few new Pokemon that I like are lowering the value of the older ones. Considering each game has its Legendary Pokemon and the total number of them are piling up, its become more difficult for me to think of them as Legendaries.

Most people posting in this thread have listed Post-Gen 2 Pokemon among their favorites. So my question is: what am I doing wrong? Can you learn to enjoy these new Pokemon more? And if so, can someone tell me how? Thank you.

Edited by NomDeSpite

So, I have a problem/question and since this is the "favorite Pokemon thread" I'm asking it here.

My knowledge of Pokemon as a video game is largely confined to Generations 1 and 2. I played Soul Silver but only because it's a remake of a Gen 2 game.

My problem with the generations after that has to do with A: too many Pokemon that just seem lame to me (Luvdisc, anyone?) and B: the few new Pokemon that I like are lowering the value of the older ones. Considering each game has its Legendary Pokemon and the total number of them are piling up, its become more difficult for me to think of them as Legendaries.

Most people posting in this thread have listed Post-Gen 2 Pokemon among their favorites. So my question is: what am I doing wrong? Can you learn to enjoy these new Pokemon more? And if so, can someone tell me how? Thank you.

Well, it really just depends on your own opinions and mindset. But you basically have to kind of... let go of nostalgia and have a big open mind towards the future. Loads of change is difficult for people to accept and that's understandable. (like the addition of many new Pokemon as time goes on) Once you open your mind to it though, it makes it easier to accept the newer ones.

Me, I've always been an avid lover of Pokemon and monster design, so it never gets old to me.(Though I did have a brief stint where I skipped out on it during Gen III, but that's due to the stupid notion that I was "too old" for Pokemon. Ha!) I'm willing to accept whatever they throw at me, because I'm genuinely excited to see them expand the world and add more elements to it. I don't see new Pokemon as devaluing the older ones, but as more exciting things to look forward to and a fleshing out of the world. A wide variety of species makes the world feel more realistic, immersive. After all, the real world has countless types of creatures living within it. 

And besides, most series don't keep all their monster species consistently canonical and within each new incarnation. You've been able to catch a Pikachu since Day 1. It's clear that every Pokemon species has value due to the sheer fact that once a Pokemon is created, it is guaranteed to appear in every future game onwards instead of just being there for that one installment. You can still catch your old favorites in the new games or transfer them from older games.

If you haven't played the newer games, I'd highly recommend giving them a shot. But with an open mind. Don't expect the exact same experience you get out of Gen I/II. Every Pokemon generation and game is its own experience. Playing the actual games will help you get used to them and accept them. And in turn, you'll probably enjoy them much. I'd recommend getting either Black/White because it plops you into a Pokemon world full of completely new faces and forces you to use them (which would allow you to get used to them) or X/Y as it is full of older Pokemon from a WIDE variety of Generations and can help ease the transition, as well as serving as an overview of the Generations you may have missed.

• Brohoof 1