Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are the mane 6 growing to truly represent their elements?

~Sole~

Alright, I know that since the beginning of the show the mane 6 have always supposedly been the representation of the elements of harmony (Aj is honesty, rarity is generosity, dash is loyalty, ect). But throughout the show almost none of them have been "representing" their elements perfectly, in fact, it seems to me like it's less like they started as the perfect examples of the elements and more what they could be. Think about it like this, dash and Aj in particular have had their elements called into question several times due to, well, not representing their elements like some believe they should. And that's not a bad thing, because every time they silence the neigh sayers by sticking to their morals and developing as characters and in my opinion as the elements the represent. It's like seeing a really smart highschool student and hearing that he wants to be a great doctor one day. He's not their yet, and you don't know if he ever will be, but he's slowly developing so that one day he might succeed and fill that role and be the doctor that blows everyone's minds. In fact, I'm thinking that's what the deal with the rainbow eyes and the items thing is. It seems like each time one of the mane 6 overcome a personal struggle (which usually involves their element to an extent) then they fill their role as that element better. And the likelihood that the lockbox contains something related to the elements is likely, so the more they fit the bill and become true representations of harmony the better. So there's my two cents, over the course of almost 4 seasons now we've seen the mane 6 develop to fit their respective elements better and better with each trial and each obstacle they face. I think they represent their elements way better now then they ever did in the first season.

So, what do you guys think? Do you agree, or am I just overthinking all this?

• Brohoof 1

I think so. It's fair to say that the Mane 6 haven't always been perfect examples of their elements, like Rarity in Sonic Rainboom, or Pinkie in Party of One. They all still have their vices but in general they've grown a lot from when they first met.

I think one of the best examples is Rainbow Dash in Wonderbolts Academy. Could you have imagined her making such a mature decision at the beginning of the show?

• Brohoof 3

I think that the Mane 6 have either represented their elements in the wrong way or in the right way, most of their episodes centered around each of them represent their element in one of the two ways.

• Brohoof 1

well no element is perfect,butthey have come a long way from s1...even Dash has showed signs of maturity anddevelopment as did the rest of them.

the rainbow power thing i think is a nudge to remind them of their element when they lose sight of it.

• Brohoof 1