Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How Did Rarity Forget Spike Likes Her?

Grumpy Enchantress

Rarity is a woman, womans usually don't care about suffering of male's. So... Yeah, she forgot about Spike, because she's don't care. Typical woman.

Hold on Spike, I understand you bro.

My dear friend allow me to tend to this with some sage like wisdom.

People,usually don't care for the suffering of other people.

this is a hard lesson, as I got it wrong both ways at different points in my life.

Because women are people and prone all the normal mistakes that any other person would make

they tend not to care about the plight others because that's what most people do.

It's the individual who over distinguishes their different.

that distinction regretfully is not based on religion, creed, or color, or even sex,

which is a shame it would be alot easier to find ^^.

as is, it's a needle in a hay stack.

It's okay if she doesn't like him but I'm saying she'll realize she does. ;)

I know :) I just wanted to point it out. As for question in topic - I think it depends on what the writers want to show. If it fits into the scenario, then they make it look like she knows about Spike's crush. So, there's no really a good answer. As I said before - in that moment in Simple Ways she was probably just too focused on her own feelings to think about Spike.

I know, and I apologize. Don't per attention, just my personal opinion based on sad life experience . Sorry.

isn't I wrong about Rarity?

Okay :) I'm sorry to hear that, though woman really aren't as bad as you think. And you're wrong about Rarity, because she really cares about Spike. She might sometimes treat him unfair, but in the end she's always ready to protect him. 

Edited by Anilewe
  • Brohoof 2

Well.... then maybe rarity has short-term memory loss XD

rarity has a black belt in getting others to do things for her.

see diamond dogs,

see spike at any time,

see her getting those stallions lugging them to the gala.

It's fun to watch but I don't think she forgot.  It's canon yes or no?

Maybe "abusive" was a bit strong; "exploitative" might be better. For the record: I'm as sick of the "Spike's a slave" and "Spike is discriminated for being a male" crowd as the next sane person.

She does take advantage of him, though admittedly this only happens because he lets it happen.

And don't get me wrong I don't mind  that; it makes for great story material, a hundred times more so than any lovey dovey smoochy relationship we usually get in the medium.

Well, that she takes advantage of him is pretty undeniable, and I do consider it a less admirable aspect of her character. Exploitative might indeed be a good description, but then, by that measure, all the Mane Six are exploiting him too.

Okay :) I'm sorry to hear that, though woman really aren't as bad as you think. And you're wrong about Rarity, because she really cares about Spike. She might sometimes treat him unfair, but in the end she's always ready to protect him.

She's like second Twilight for Spike (second big sister) and yes, Rarity cares about Spike as a sister, but we talking about Spike's feelings to her. Rarity knows, I no doubt that she knows, but sad truth is that Rarity technically can't be with Spike. She understand it, but she still didn't say "NO", she still gives him a hopes, it's too cruel. Rarity can finnish Spike's suffer, but she don't do it, why?

She's like second Twilight for Spike (second big sister) and yes, Rarity cares about Spike as a sister, but we talking about Spike's feelings to her. Rarity knows, I no doubt that she knows, but sad truth is that Rarity technically can't be with Spike. She understand it, but she still didn't say "NO", she still gives him a hopes, it's too cruel. Rarity can finnish Spike's suffer, but she don't do it, why?

It's more complicated than it seems, actually. As I said before, the writers make her aware of his feelings only, when it fits into the plot and their 'relationship' is usually used for the purpose of comedy. Besides, MLP is about friendship, not love and things like romance are showed rarely in the show. I think it's the answer for your question. This is show for kids and kids don't really care about Spike's feelings. They laugh, when he looks at Rarity with hearts in his eyes or when he's ready to do almost everything for her. Writers don't have time to explore their relationship properly and they don't even want to do it, because it doesn't give them any benefit. 

• Brohoof 1

MLP is about friendship, not love and things like romance are showed rarely in the show. I think it's the answer for your question. This is show for kids and kids don't really care about Spike's feelings. They laugh, when he looks at Rarity with hearts in his eyes or when he's ready to do almost everything for her. Writers don't have time to explore their relationship properly and they don't even want to do it, because it doesn't give them any benefit. 

OMG, it's exactly what I want to hear! I so glad, that you understand it. Because I'm against any shipping in MLP, and I hope that writers have the same thoughts, I don't want that MLP would turn Win X

Rarity has not forgotten about Spike's crush on her per say, but since she was too distracted with her own feelings she was a bit preoccupied but I wouldn't say that she forgot about him.

• Brohoof 1

Take it from a girl's perspective. When we have a crush on someone, we get so wrapped up and confused that sometimes we forget about the ones we know do care about us. Sometimes, though this wasn't the case with Rarity, we're trying so hard not to hurt the person's feelings that the whole thing just turns into chaos and we mess up. I think that was what was the problem with Rarity.

• Brohoof 5

Take it from a girl's perspective. When we have a crush on someone, we get so wrapped up and confused that sometimes we forget about the ones we know do care about us. Sometimes, though this wasn't the case with Rarity, we're trying so hard not to hurt the person's feelings that the whole thing just turns into chaos and we mess up. I think that was what was the problem with Rarity.

More like take it from anybody's perspective, lol. I've done similar things, though not with romance.

• Brohoof 2

And in Simple Ways, Spike doesn't even feel jealous of Rarity falling in love with Trenderhoof, let alone feel romantically attached for her. Then again, he feels more concerned than in love with her anyway...

I thought the same thing, but it could be a few things.  It could be she was so caught up in her feelings that she wasn't thinking about Spike, or just that she doesn't like him.  Either way, I don't think it would work.  Rarity is likely to be in her 20s and Spike is just a kid, maybe around the age of 10?  

• Brohoof 1

I know this is stupid to say, but this sort of reminds me of episodes and movies of Kim Possible in which Kim has a crush on some hot guy or some celebrity and completely doesn't realize that Ron cares for her and loves her more than those hunky guys ever could. Again just an observation I noticed.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah yeah in this case she probably just sees his "crush" on her as just a cute childish puppy crush uuhhh right?! Something like that I guess -___- I am not good with this sorta thing... But that is how I see it and plus sometimes when someone desires something it can be easy to lose sight about others/things around you.

I know this is stupid to say, but this sort of reminds me of episodes and movies of Kim Possible in which Kim has a crush on some hot guy or some celebrity and completely doesn't realize that Ron cares for her and loves her more than those hunky guys ever could. Again just an observation I noticed.

Actually I have to disagree. I liked the show as a kid but I always saw them as just friends and thought them getting in a relationship ruined the show. :P

@Grumpy Enchantress, eh I didn't particularly care that they ended up as more than friends. Their chemistry I enjoyed and Ron wasn't that bad looking for a cartoon male. Anyway, Rarity and Spike I think would be a cute couple even though one's a dragon and the other is a pony.

Let's put it this way. If you're of either gender and you're crushing on someone, you'll either forget the fact another person likes you, or you won't even realize it because you're so enamoured towards your crush. It's a part of affection and love. 

Spike is a child and Rarity is an adult. She knows Spike has a crush on her and has acknowledged it. Rarity has given him gifts, kissed him on the cheek, and cuddle him. They are both close with each other, just never going to be lovers.

Spike is a child and one day the crush will fade away as he matures past his childish self. This is probably how Rarity sees it.

• Brohoof 1

hm...with the news out that the show will go on for 5 more years, and can't help but think of this as sort of a Family Matters/Star Wars thing...

yeah...I just put those two things in the same sentence, but bare with me. 

For those of you who don't know family matters, there is a character by the name of "Steve Urkle" who's this really geeky nerdy chaotic guy with a really kiddish attitude who plays accordion. (Imagine kinda like a black version of Weird Al as a child) And he's got a massive crush on his neighbour's daughter "Laura." The whole running joke of the series was that steve was too young and too weird for laura, and she always kept pushing him away and using him to her advantage whenever she wanted something. Sounds familiar eh? But by the end of the series (Which lasted a really long time) The relationship changed, and Laura grew closer to steve, and it ended with them together and happy about it!

Also, there's Star Wars...you have Anakin as a little kid who loved Padm'e and after 1 episode went by they both aged a ton and got married. (That's like, and abridged version of family matters) 

Okay, maybe the star wars thing wasn't the best example because frankly...the relationship was pretty bland...("I hate sand...it's so course and grainy...unlike you") but I feel that was due to bad writing...it can work, and I think perhaps it could very well work in my little pony! 

Just my thoughts atm.