Favorite type of accent. (Applies to English speakers)

FancyHorse

Of course I like US Southern! Hell, I am not even from the south and I catch my self talking with a bit of a twang at times! Guess it's cause of all that good ole country music I listen to! ;)

8r6aiHM.png

I like using an Indian accent when I can pull it off. My calculus teacher is Sri Lankan and his accent is basically Indian, and my friends and I always make fun of him for mispronouncing stuff, like whenever he says "variable" it sounds like "wariable" so we always ask him stuff like "what's the substitution for this wariable" and "how do I derive this wariable" and he's like wtf  :lol:

Russian accents are hotttt. I also like german and australian accents.

Some of the latin american accents are also really nice.

Edited by crazitaco

aNSgamg.png

*Click the picture to join the Nega-Bronies!*

"Every cloud has a silver lining" *except for the mushroom-shaped ones which have a lining of Caesium-127, Strontium-90 and other radioactive isotopes.

My OC: http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/krazie-taco-r3366

A very, very soft english accent, or a northern Irish accent - Donegal especially.

Also, a slight Scottish accent :3

Edited by IcyHaze

Vh9PDd9.png

I hope some people get the joke ^^

My favorite accents would have to be the

• Midwestern American accent. (Not like Fargo. It sounds no different from how people in most Hollywood movies talk, in my opinion.)
  • Russian. It sounds badass.
  • German. It can sound so sinister if done right.
  • A Posh British Accent is always nice.

post-8308-0-79770000-1395439789.png

Credit for the signature goes to Kyoshi

OH GOD ACCENTS ARE SO HOT

Australian, German, Scottish unf. it's all to die for. Men from other countries with cute accents.... I cannot resist. 

Let me tell you about "British accents". I assume you're talking about the horrendous accents down South which sound as if the speaker is far too posh for their own good, or that horrendous murdering of the GOOD OLD ENGLISH LANGUAGE called "Cockney". Let me tell you about MY English accent which, if you heard, would make you vomit. You hear it, and you would either:

i) Have a complete mental breakdown as your belief that British Accent = Hawt Sophisticiation BECOMES A HORRENDOUS LIE (And this is coming from someone WITH that accent.)

ii) Your head would explode as you tried to take in slang you've never heard before and try to comprehend it. Try and translate: "Aw gan doon toon to fetch aw some baccy for oor lass. Mebbees cross by aad Harry's 'nd pick aw oop some stotties 'fore 'eading yem."

Oh, and here's a fun fact, here's the bloody kicker: Geordie/Northumbrian/North Eastern IS THE TRUE ENGLISH ACCENT. That stupid London Toff/Cockney accent? Not real English. Why is that? Because, in the North East, the unique slang and local dialects we speak that is so often mocked by the Southern English contains, in fact, the oldest surviving samples of original Anglo-Saxon left in the English Language. Not the mostly Franco/Latin/Germanic language THOSE FILTHY SOUTHERN NORMAN INVADERS FROM FRANCE our Southern brethren speak. The more you know.

...Anyway, my favourite accent is Glaswegian, because it's the type of accent where the speaker sounds like he can and will legitimately kill you with anything he gets his hands on.

Edited by The Big Fellah

"It is a Yorkshire habit to say what you think with blunt frankness." - Frances Hodgson Burnett

THEY CALLED ME THE BIG FELLAH. NOW I GO BY AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT NAME.

I love the country accent, like Applejack lol, I love Applejack

UVHLHKB.png

"Death is the sound of distant thunder at a picnic."

Storm Crasher

Banner by 0blivion

I'm from Massachusetts, but I never developed the Bahstun accent. I really don't have one at all.

Living in London though, I've been working on my chavspeak, if that counts. "Y'wot blad, I'll cut yur fukin 'ed off mate" and all that.

img-23394-1-img-23394-1-img-23394-1-img-
Signature by Lacerna | You should fill out my Johari Window. All the cool kids are doing it.

My accent is pretty much identical to the guy on the left in this link.

And to be honest I think it's quite nice. However if I was forced to change my accent to something else, I'd go with Australian. 

EDIT: I live in the South of England, and "chavspeak" is something I've made serious efforts to avoid picking up during my childhood. If anyone doesn't know what chavs are, they're this. *cringes*

Edited by ponypowa96
  • Brohoof 2

~=[,,_,,]:3

A honorable mention: Liverpool accent. Because it sounds so odd... :derp:

I mean, c'mon! It's not even a dialect, it's profanity

*points at the door* leave! Now! :P Scouse accents hurt my ears! They make them bleed! And I grew up surrounded by them! The second line I quoted is how I feel about that accent... Because believe me when you hear it EVERY SINGLE DAY it starts to annoy you...

But that's just my opinion xD :P

Personally I like it when Italians and French speak English... As well as Scottish, Australian, some Russian, Jamaican and certain American accents :) oh and Southern English... Like Matt Smith sort of xD I'm not keen on Northern English accents in general... But I guess it's because I'm from there... However they are finally starting to grow on me...

Pet peeve... When people refer to English people as British... Then refer to Scottish people as Scottish! I mean HELLOOOOO They are a part of Great Britain! For now at least! Same as Welsh and Northern Irish... If you're gonna be specific... Please don't call us British and the rest of them by their own countries... And also... The British accent... That includes Scottish... It's not a separate thing you know!

Ok rant over :catface:

Edited by JellyBean
  • Brohoof 1

• 9 months later...

Pet peeve... When people refer to English people as British... Then refer to Scottish people as Scottish! I mean HELLOOOOO They are a part of Great Britain! For now at least! Same as Welsh and Northern Irish... If you're gonna be specific... Please don't call us British and the rest of them by their own countries... And also... The British accent... That includes Scottish... It's not a separate thing you know!

Ok rant over :catface:

Actually, Great Britain is the largest island in the British Isles, and therefore, Northern Ireland is not part of Great Britain

I wrote this thing.

Actually, Great Britain is the largest island in the British Isles, and therefore, Northern Ireland is not part of Great Britain

I suspect they're just mixing up Great Britain (the Island) with the the United Kingdom (the country).   :catface: Scotland will always be part of Britain whether they like it or not. xD

Although it is really annoying when people refer to England as Britain, and then Scotland as Scotland. 

• Brohoof 1

Pancakes taste like well seasoned DVD cases.

German, Russian, and Australian accents are among my favorites. 

Living in Oklahoma I deal with Southern and Mexican accents on a daily basis. 

I refuse to let go until you're impressed.
I refuse to let go until I'm depressed.