Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private An Imperfect Situation: The RP

Scribblegroove

"Hehe, you want mushrooms? Pathetic. Try one of these." Comet says as he kicks a fruit down at Bella. "Nice and sweet, until you swallow that is..." Comet laid back and waited for his new 'partner' to try the fruit, he knew it's effects from his home. He remembered the distinct appearance of the dark orange flesh of the fruit.

Mirror Image watched him closely until he steadied himself ready to try catch him if he fell. "Oh, my name's Mirror Image, it's a pleasure to meet you." She smiled at him before breaking contact and looking at the beach round them. "Were there any other ponies on your raft? Nopony fell off did they?"

"No, I had snagged one for myself and was getting ready to leave. I... believe I must have lost my balance and fallen in before anypony could join me or supplies gathered." The stallion's smiles before asking as he offers the mare his hoof asking, "perhaps you can show me around and introduce me to others? That is unless you just got here as well my lovely friend."

• Brohoof 1

@@Scribblegroove,

"It's nice to meet you, I'm Bayonet. And I'm making some vegetable stew. After what we've been though we all could use a warm meal to get our strength up." She puts a few cut vegetables in the broth and stirs it a bit. "And I don't doubt you haven't seen me. I don't really stand out much. I've always been petty plain." She chuckles then puts in a few ingredients to make the broth thick and form into a gravy. She then take out her knife and dips it in a bucket of water to wash it off and hoofs it to Streamsung. "Could you do me a favor and cut up the vegetables in that bowl next to you? I would very much appreciate it." She said with a warm smile.

(I need to post more consistently...)

Streamsung smiled back. "Sure... I hope I don't mess up though." She said with a doubtful look on her face. She grabbed the knife with her magic, and got to work, trying to cut the vegrtables into relatively the same size. She struggled a bit, since she wasn't very good with precise levitation magic, but eventually she got the rythm of it and could do it with a bit more ease. So much even that she could talk at the same time.

"You're not that plain though. You have a braid, like me. And if that's not unusual, the length of it is! How do you manage it!" She felt a bit stupid talking about hair. It felt a little too girly for her taste, but she couldn't find anything else to talk about and didn't want to sit awkwardly saying nothing.

@,

Nassir had managed to set up his tent, with some difficulty. He took a long breath as he looked at the sky... the stars were out... but, according to the teachings he'd learned, as long as he did not sleep under thier gaze, or encounter a fallen star, he would be safe. He walked back over to the fire, intent on gathering his potion once again. It seemed nopony else around the clearing had any injuries of note, but he decided to keep the brew close at hoof just in case. He blinked, spotting an earth pony mare with a caramel colored mane... wait, no, her mane  also had black stripes in it, making her look like some odd, giant bee. Regardless, he trotted up to her and cleared his throat to get her attention. "Excuse me..." He said, looking down at the mare, "..I was wondering if you, or anypony you'd seen, had any injuries. I have made a brew to cure them, but nopony around here seems to require it at the moment..." 

"No, I had snagged one for myself and was getting ready to leave. I... believe I must have lost my balance and fallen in before anypony could join me or supplies gathered." The stallion's smiles before asking as he offers the mare his hoof asking, "perhaps you can show me around and introduce me to others? That is unless you just got here as well my lovely friend."

Mirror fidgeted momentarily before accepting his hoof "I....don't really know anypony else just yet. I've only met one other mare..." Mirror looked towards the smoke rising from further into the island and then towards the mostly deserted beach. "Well....it shouldn't be too hard to find the others...."

@@Scribblegroove,

"Danke for saying that. And I usually un-braid it at night and comb it a few times and braided back before I fall asleep. My braid is... hu, pretty useful long. In some ways." Bayonet gives a slight nervous chuckle and gets back to cooking. "But you mane is prettier then mine. The shade of blue is very lovely."

@@TheLineTrotter,

Honey Jars wasn't expecting anypony to come over and ask her a question, and she defiantly wasn't expecting it to be this zebra. She didn't have anything wrong with Zebras. Then again, Honey Jars had only met one or two of them. When the Zebra cleared his throat, Honey couldn't help but jump back in some parts surprise; some parts shock, and the rest fear.

"W-well, umm. No. Not really.... Why? Was I supposed to be injured? Because I didn't know.... If I am, that is." Honey Jars wasn't the best at talking to ponies that she was scared of, and the somewhat lack of lighting didn't help. Honey Jars just hoped this pony didn't get angry easily.

(edited)

@@SilverHeart,

Mythos, likely much to the mare's surprise, would give her hoof a soft kiss before letting her hand go and saying, "Well then Miss Image, perhaps we should go and look for the others and join them before it grows dark?" The stallion had a smile that could mean many thing. It could simply be that of a pony happy to have found another, or perhaps of amusement, or perhaps because he was planning something and not saying what. What was certain though it that Mythos was a gentlecolt, though perhaps one that could not be fully trusted. It all mattered now perceptive the pony interacting with him was.

Edited by EquestrianScholar

Dawnblink hadn't seemed to have received a voice, so he cleared his throat and raised his voice just a tad. "Um... Is there anything I can be of assistance with? My levitation is now up to par for any lifting I could do." He looked around at the ponies in the clearing, his gravely voice sounding even more rough from just waking up from his nap.

@

((Sorry for another late reply! I could've sworn that I made a reply to you after you posted this a few days ago, but apparently it didn't go through...but oh well, I'll just make another reply.))

Scorch chuckled and shook his head. "Hehe...I think you misunderstand, I'm not looking for a lost friend, I'm looking for any new friends! I don't have any friends back where I come from, so I thought I'd find some here..." he said truthfully. "And yes, actually, I have met one of the others...I believe his name was Spacer..." he said.

(edited)

Bella flicks the plump, brownish fruit between her velvet hooves, juggling. "And what exactly does this do?" she calls out to the changling, seeing his quick change in demeanour. "... And you expect me to eat this mud?! I do not know its desired effects..."

Hue stares deeply at the illustrious food, and after some hesitation, she bites into the fruit... which tasted surprisingly delicious! "Mmh" she nodds with a mouthful of sickly sweet juice "buch ..*chompchomp* ah whanted poihson *chompchomp* not thih!" she exclaims through the flesh of the mango-like fruit.

Edited by Neutrino

@,

Nassir blinked, hearing the nervous mare. She'd jumped back from him clearing his throat... he had done that in hopes of not startling her. He supposed he was an intimidating figure, standing over the mare with only half of his body lit up by the raging flames.  He paused a moment, hearing the mare stutter about being injured and... suppose... to be injured? Okay... that was... concerning. Maybe she had hit her head? Or had some sort of mental illness? "No... you are not meant to be injured. Of course not." He said plainly. "However, if you see or her somepony with an injury, please inform me..." he paused a moment, still worried about the Mare's mental health... perhaps the stars invaded her mind while she was asleep on the raft? "Are... you okay, bee-colored one?" 

@@TheLineTrotter

(OOC: They only just met, and Nassir already thinks there's something wrong with her!)

It was obvious to Honey Jars that she had given herself a bad name within a minute of talking to the zebra. This was nothing new, yet it was worrying all the same to her.

"yes... Uhh, I am fine, thanks. I'm just not the best at talking to big, scary Zebras who will probably eat me because they're so big... You know... That kind of thing." She probably offended him with that one, or worried him even more. It was probably a smart decision for Honey Jars to take a few steps back.

"I`m sorry?" He said, sounding annoyed suddenly. Eat her... eat her!? Did she assume that he was some savage, cannibal zebra!? Zebras couldn't even eat meat! How... how dare she!? "I... did not... mean to frighten..." Nassir said through gritted teeth, clearly fighting not to yell at the stammering mare. "However...  I am insulted you would imply that I eat ponies!" He said, his voice's volume and rage slowly growing with each word, rasing and slamming a hoof down on the final syllable. Why would she assume that? Did she assume that all Zebras, just because they lived in the jungle, had to resort to such acts!? Did she assume they were nothing but savage beast!? This was an insult, not just to himself, but to his very people! 

(Yeah... Kinda hit a sore spot for Nassir. He doesn't like ponies considering his people primitive, or anything similar.)

@@TheLineTrotter

One simple mistake. That's all it was, a simple mstake. There were probably a million and one words that Honey Jars could have used instead of eat. But nope, she had to say eat!

And now honey Jars was crying. Honey Jars was crying a lot. Not because she was sad, but because she genuinely feared for her life.

"no no! I-I said eat because, because you're super big and big ponies can easily hurt smaller ponies! Because I met a Griffon and he was big and I thought that a griffon wouldn't mind eating a pony so I got scared! and, and I'll leave now because I'm super sorry and i'll never ever ever bother you again!" She didn't simply take a few steps back. No. She turned around and galloped the other way, in a desperate hope that the zebra wouldn't give chase and hurt her. Badly.

Nassir blinked. She was crying. Why was she crying!? She had insulted him, his people, practically all he stood for! He had reacted harshly, but such was the appropriate reaction... correct? Yes, of course! But as he heard the mare desperately trying to explain, with tears welling in her eyes and running down her face, the look of anger was quickly replaced by surprise and uncomfortableness. Such open displays of emotion were rare in his little village... how was he suppose to deal with this? And now she was running... oh dear... this was bad. Everypony in the clearing would assume he had done something to terroize her... he could not stand for this!

With his well trained body, he was sure he could give chase to the mare if he ran full speed... but surly such acts would only scare her further? He decided to trot after her, keeping pace but not attempting to gain on her. When she winded herself, he would find the time to apologize... perhaps... perhaps he had overeacted. "Wait! Slow yourself, Bee colored mare!" He cried, sounding embaressed. 

@

@@EquestrianScholar,

The moment that Mythos let go of her hoof Mirror snapped it back near her chest. That wasn't what she expected at all when she let him hold her hoof. What had she expected? She wasn't sure. This was more attention than she was used to from a stallion or any pony in general. Whether or not that was because she avoided most ponies like a plague she wasn't entirely sure. Her cheeks were brighter than they were before. Mirror took a step back from Mythos, only managing to meekly nod before waiting for him to lead on. 

@@Scribblegroove,

"Danke for saying that. And I usually un-braid it at night and comb it a few times and braided back before I fall asleep. My braid is... hu, pretty useful long. In some ways." Bayonet gives a slight nervous chuckle and gets back to cooking. "But you mane is prettier then mine. The shade of blue is very lovely."

Streamsung felt good about Bayonet's compliment. She hadn't been called out for her looks ever before. Not that she cared too much about it, but it was a strange feeling to be called pretty. "Why thank you... It takes a lot of effort I gues, but I wouldn't be able to care for hair as long as yours. It's very... Ambitious I guess. And beautiful of course!" The last part of that sentance came out rather quickly. Streamsung was afraid that what she said hadn't come out properly. By saying ambitious it might've sounded like she was avoiding to use the word 'pretty'.

"I think I am done with the vegetables... I tried as much as I could." She said as she handed over the bowl that she had filled with the sliced vegetables. "Is there anything else I can help you with?" She asked Bayonet.

"Well, it is a poison. Somewhat... I suggest you spit that out before you swallow, or at least only swallow a little to find out it's effects. Try extreme bitterness followed by uncontrollable contractions of the throat. It chokes you basically if you eat too much." Comet looked down at Bella chomping on this fruit he had kicked down, and began to laugh uncontrollably. "Did you seriously almost eat all of it? Hopefully y ou haven't swallowed it yet. If you have, it would be a shame, but I'll get over it. And I doubt anyone will miss you..." after those words he let out a small evil chuckle.

Bella is silenced. But then she upheaves the entirety of the mushy bite and screams "What?! Why did you?! I... What's the cure?! Tell me now!" She had probably attracted attention, but she was oblivious to that: Comet, her faithful and trustable partner had nearly killed her. She pointed at the yellowish mush on the ground and stared at Starflash. She had a deadly stare.

Flame looked at the mare who just yelled and upheaved something. He flew up to the mare and now noticed the other guy. "Um...excuse me sir...is she okay" He asked. He didn't hear the what the pony said about nobody worrying about her. "If you are sick we need to get you some help soon"

@@TheLineTrotter

Honey Jars wasn't going to stop for the angry, scary Zebra. She did however, turn around for a brief moment. Maybe, just maybe he hadn't given chase, and was still waiting so they could talk over this logically...

Nope, he was after her. She was doomed.

With a loud squeal Honey Jars turned around and kicked into full throttle. She hadn't gone very far, and she was already aching. Breathing was harder, she was the wort at galloping. It didn't take long soon after for her to fall face first into the sand. She scrabbled around in the sand in a desperate attempt to get going, but with half her face covered in tears she wasn't able to do it.

Instead, Honey Jars was left to protect herself before the zebra got to her. she had never really learnt self defense, so the best she could do was lie on her back with her legs tucked in and over her face. It wasn't much, but maybe the Zebra couldn't see very well in the dark, and assumed she was just a rock.

"Relaaax. You threw it up, so theres no reason to worry. I did warn you about when you swallow. And I didn't tell you to eat it. And a fine good evening to you too." Comet flew down from the tree and landed next to the two. "You know what I find surprising. You're acting like you've been in the company of a changeling before." He looked at blaze through one of the many holes in his front leg.

(edited)

"I'm friends with a changeling actually" He said. "Why would you even suggest something that could make somepony sick anyways....we are trying to survive not make others sick...even though you told her not to swallow you should have mentioned before hand to not eat it instead" Flame added. "If anypony here gets sick we only have one zebra who know a bit on medicine and a unicorn that can heal" He said

Edited by Shiranui

(edited)

Erg... The stars had pissed upon his luck! The mare,upon spotting him, managed to kick it into full gear.Although Nassir managed to keep pace well, the sudden burst of speed took him off guard and she gained ground on him. He trotted along after her, still occasionally shouting out for her to stop... in hindsight, he perhaps should have said something else... or just waited at camp... or never yelling at a stammering tiny mare before... he heard the sound of falling, followed by more sobs and whimpers and sudden quiet. He blinked, walking towards where he'd just seen the mare running, looking about.Luckily for him, many of his nights were spent at the outskirts of the village, and his eyes were well adjusted to such lighting conditions. He glanced, spotting the mare laying... on her back, hooves on her face. Perhaps if her colors were darker all along her body, or if they matched the jungle floor... but as it stood... she stood out like a sore hoof. "Please...do not keep running... I do not mean you any harm..." he said desperately, taking a few steps back in hopes of avoiding frightening her further. Okay, now he felt bad... she was crying, fearing for her life, breathing heavy, sand covering her face... even if part of him felt he had acted appropriately before,he still felt bad. 

@

Edited by TheLineTrotter