Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Twilight Sparkle has omnipotence potential

Firecloak

She has lots of strong spells and can learn much more from all of her books.

Just look at all of her books, she has thousands of spells 

I think Twilight Sparkle will get much stronger than Celestia and Luna.

What do you think her potential is?

• Brohoof 1

Unless she becomes a being far beyond what Discord is, she'll likely won't even come close as Celestia despite holding some powers and over a thousand years old isn't close to omnipotence herself and she is likely what Twilight could match or even exceed if Twilight's potential were reached.

Edited by Nuke87654
  • Brohoof 1

I think that not even Discord can be called omnipotent.

But since Twilight's talent IS magic, I guess she can be pretty powerful and know a gigantic number of spells give enough time. More powerful pony in the future? Not a doubt.

They will be getting more powerful than DBZ, that's for sure.

They will be getting more powerful than DBZ, that's for sure.

Personally, I have a problem comparing different universes like this. I don't know how strong is the unicorn magic outside of Equestria. Could be that is simply doesn't work because it requires everything to be imbued with magic; or it could be that since nothing has magic in itself, nothing can resist and unicorn magic becomes insanely overpowered. I like the second option better because I love ponies...  ^_^

• Brohoof 1

@Nuke87654 and Firecloak,

There's always the Heart's Desire flower from Call Of The Cutie. Sure, it'd go haywire eventually, but still...

Not yet, until we have an FTL galaxy buster on FIM, the verse will satisfy itself being above the Holy Shounen Trinity at least.

Personally, I have a problem comparing different universes like this. I don't know how strong is the unicorn magic outside of Equestria. Could be that is simply doesn't work because it requires everything to be imbued with magic; or it could be that since nothing has magic in itself, nothing can resist and unicorn magic becomes insanely overpowered. I like the second option better because I love ponies...  ^_^

Discords high level reality warping = Galaxy busting 

Discord is already Galaxy level due to his reality warping

If Twilight learns reality warping like him she will be almost at his level

With prep time she will be omnipotent.

Discord is already Galaxy level due to his reality warping

If Twilight learns reality warping like him she will be almost at his level

With prep time she will be omnipotent.

Discord is not galaxy level as the best feat we've seen from him was casually moving the sun and moon at ftl speeds and transforming the entire Equestria into his own playground of mayhem and chaos. That is still far beneath galaxy level as he's probably at best solar system level based on those feats.

The fact she would even need prep time already discredits her omnipotence as an omnipotent only needs to think himself the winner of any engagement to win.

Edited by Nuke87654

Discord is not galaxy level as the best feat we've seen from him was casually moving the sun and moon at ftl speeds and transforming the entire Equestria into his own playground of mayhem and chaos. That is still far beneath galaxy level as he's probably at best solar system level based on those feats.

The fact she would even need prep time already discredits her omnipotence as an omnipotent only needs to think himself the winner of any engagement to win.

So you're saying she isn't Omnipotent?

53914-Supernatural-Im-stabbing-you-i-W7A

• Brohoof 1

She has the knowledge and the vast intellect from learning a lot about books and spells, but we will possibly see in the future if she can become stronger than Celestia and Luna. She has the potential, we'll have to see.

She can't be more powerfull than Celestia and Luna. They collected their powers by ages. And Twilight isn't immortal (I guess)

Yeah, she can and I sure that she will be more powerful than Starswill was, but not more (if she won't became goddess like Celestia and Luna of course)

She can't be more powerfull than Celestia and Luna. They collected their powers by ages. And Twilight isn't immortal (I guess)

Yeah, she can and I sure that she will be more powerful than Starswill was, but not more (if she won't became goddess like Celestia and Luna of course)

She can probably cheat for immortality by using that age spell of hers.

She has lots of strong spells and can learn much more from all of her books.

Just look at all of her books, she has thousands of spells 

I think Twilight Sparkle will get much stronger than Celestia and Luna.

What do you think her potential is?

Well, let's not forget the upcoming Rainbow Power to add to her omnipotence list 

Twilight will get so powerful that she will overthrow Celestia.

Then, Luna will overthrow Twilight.

Then, Discord will overthrow Luna.

Then, Luna and Twilight will overthrow Discord.

Then, Derpy will overthrow Twilight and Luna.

Then, Discord will join Derpy, and Twilight and Luna will try to overthrow them, but something happens, and Discord becomes Twilight and Derpy becomes Luna.

Then Equestia Girls 2 will come out, and destroy Equestria.

Then, HL3 will come out, and destroy the universe.

And then gaben will sit on HL3, and then there will be nothing. NOTHING AT ALLL.

And that is how Equestria was made!

• Brohoof 2

Twilight being an alicorn, alongside Rainbow Power makes her pretty strong.

It really seems like they're gearing up for her to be the future Celestia.

Wouldn't it be cool if G5 was in the future of the G4 universe, and Twilight would be the main Princess.

• Brohoof 1

Well lets take a step back here and evaluate what exactly 'omnipotence' means.  (I would suggest reading the Wikipedia article for some nice, quick, at-a-glance information.)

To be omnipotent is to be, basically, all-powerful, which is why many monotheistic religions have it as a characteristic attribute to their deity.

Being very powerful =/= all powerful.

Omnipotence has no limits, unless narrowed to a specific segment of reality (i.e. Discord is omnipotent in matters of chaos/disharmony [see the Anthropomorphic Personification article on TV Tropes for more info on this one]).  Even Celestia and Luna are not omnipotent, for their powers have a limit, and can in turn be overthrown (i.e. Queen Chrysalis in A Canterlot Wedding pt. 2).

Twilight has a lot of power, yes, and a lot of potential for further growth to become one of the most powerful beings in all of Equestria.  However, for her to become omnipotent she would have to achieve power beyond the physical realm, over all the physical realm.  The word "unfathomable" comes to mind.

Anyhay, that's my two bits on the matter.   :D

Edited by SilverQuill

Well lets take a step back here and evaluate what exactly 'omnipotence' means.  (I would suggest reading the Wikipedia article for some nice, quick, at-a-glance information.)

To be omnipotent is to be, basically, all-powerful, which is why many monotheistic religions have it as a characteristic attribute to their deity.

Being very powerful =/= all powerful.

Omnipotence has no limits, unless narrowed to a specific segment of reality (i.e. Discord is omnipotent in matters of chaos/disharmony [see the Anthropomorphic Personification article on TV Tropes for more info on this one]).  Even Celestia and Luna are not omnipotent, for their powers have a limit, and can in turn be overthrown (i.e. Queen Chrysalis in A Canterlot Wedding pt. 2).

Twilight has a lot of power, yes, and a lot of potential for further growth to become one of the most powerful beings in all of Equestria.  However, for her to become omnipotent she would have to achieve power beyond the physical realm, over all the physical realm.  The word "unfathomable" comes to mind.

Anyhay, that's my two bits on the matter.   :D

Don't hurt yourself friend.