Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Meet up at a restaurant after the Con?

Troblems

This sounds very cool it would be nice to just meetup and eat some food with fellow bronies. I can get up around 7:30 am since I am used to it with my job so count me in on this idea.

7:30 in the morning doesn't sound too bad to me, even if I were partying the night before (when you work early mornings/graveyard, you learn how to moderate your drinking when you go out so you're not hungover, anyway).

I'm tempted to mention this to a number of the people in the SoCal meetup group, as they, too, are looking for a place to get together during the con, but it's early in the morning and I'd feel rude for causing a potential hijack of a mlpforum meetip.

7:30 in the morning doesn't sound too bad to me, even if I were partying the night before (when you work early mornings/graveyard, you learn how to moderate your drinking when you go out so you're not hungover, anyway).

I'm tempted to mention this to a number of the people in the SoCal meetup group, as they, too, are looking for a place to get together during the con, but it's early in the morning and I'd feel rude for causing a potential hijack of a mlpforum meetip.

it wouldn't be a hijack more like a forced joint meet-up

it wouldn't be a hijack more like a forced joint meet-up

Yeah, there's that, too, which was why I was reluctant.  I mean, if one of them happens to be here, that's cool.

Okay, just reminding everybody to pleaaaase let me know today if you plan on coming.  I'm going to call the restaurant to work out a reservation or at least alert them to us tomorrow afternoon, so if you don't let me know by then, I can't guarantee that you'll have a spot with us to sit without waiting for another table to open up.

Again, you don't have to RSVP, but if you think you'll be coming it'll make it easier on both of us if you do :D  And if you decide to come after tomorrow, still give me a heads up so I can alert them to the extra person when I get there.  Plus I have a private conversation going between all the people who have RSVP'd so we can get to know eachother a bit.

And also, for those of you just reading this thread who don't want to read the other posts, we are meeting Saturday morning at 7:30 am at the Day and Night Grill which is right near the hotel.

@@FoqueMe, : I don't mind either way... even though this is technically an MLP Forums meetup, I think for most of us it's really more about getting a chance to meet some bronies in person.  I mean there are 20 thousand members on the site, so it's not like we all know eachother anyway :D  If you do decide to invite them, shoot me a pm so we can work out the details. 

Edit:

I should also mention, for budget planning purposes that since we're going to have a large group, plan on having a mandatory 15% or 20% gratuity added on your bill.  Most restaurants will add one, especially since we're getting separate checks, and frankly you should be leaving a tip at a sit down restaurant with a group anyway since it reflects poorly on the group if someone stiffs the waitress.   I'll ask about any fees for large groups or splitting checks so I can give everybody those exact details, but just keep that in mind when looking at the menu so you bring enough money. :D

Edited by Simon
  • Brohoof 1

hay I belive im going to be coming cuse im sleeping over at the con Friday  

Okay!  I made the reservation for ten people and we only had nine confirmations, so you'll have a spot there.  But if anybody else wants to come let me know ASAP so I can call and change the reservation :D