• Wind Chaser
    • Nimbus
    • Windseeker
    • Galeforce
    • Damaging Wind
    • Sky Sweep
    • Cloud Stomp
    • Thunderstruck

I now have an OC pony, but I need the community's help in naming it.

EDIT 1: Azure Coast has been flipped to Coast Azure and Cloud Crusher has been added.

EDIT 2: Names I have initially chosen are above "Other". I will put all suggested names plus others I may add below "Other".

EDIT 3: Added names suggested by SolarFox as well as other wind-related names.

EDIT 4: Multiple choices are now available.

EDIT 5: NOW CLOSED. Thanks to SolarFox for suggesting Wind Chaser.

Here are the vitals:
His picture: http://pegasusexpress2010.deviantart.com/art/My-OC-437168040

-White Pegasus with a blue mane with red and white stripes wearing an athletic jacket and work boots.

-He is a blank-flank. He does not currently have an occupation or calling.

-Daydreamer with self-confidence issues.

-Not able to fly fast or far.

-Idolizes successful flyers such as Rainbow Dash and the Wonderbolts.

-Prefers to think before he acts.

-Honest, almost never lies and gets pretty awkward when forced into such a situation.

I will add to this when I get more ideas.

Choices:
Thunderchief and Thunderstreak: Both names of classic jet fighter aircraft.

Blue Streak: A roller coaster at Cedar Point and the radio callsign of PSA Airlines, the latter of which would fit in with the retro aviation theme of my account as my avatar references Piedmont Airlines.

Mustang Sky: A name that sounds more open and free-spirited.

Bleu Iliade: A reference to a color of the Renault Clio Sport, one of my favorite cars in Gran Turismo 4 and 5. Contains a reference to the Iliad which may give it an epic flavor.

Azure Plain/Coast Azure: Could be a reference to the sky itself, the horizon, or a location on the ground.

Cloud Crusher: People with boots crush things. Pegasi kick clouds. May also reference his desire to stop dreaming and live in reality.

Windseeker: This is also a ride at Cedar Fair parks. I am a fan of those parks if you hadn't noticed. May also reference his admiration of successful flyers.

**Other: I am open to any names that carry a similar kind of meaning. I mostly prefer any name that references weather, the sky, or aviation but does not sound too unusual, however I do not want names that sound too common, as Thunderbolt was my first choice until I decided to abandon it after finding out that there are probably three other OCs named Thunderbolt on this site.

**: I may consider adding suggested names to the list. Be sure to vote for your favorite.

NOTES:
-Subject to change. I may alter the name I choose if it is already taken. Changes may include but are not limited to flipping first and last names or translating into foreign languages.
-Related to the first note, aim for names that are unique but not unusual. I don't want to see any names on here that 10+ other people have used. This is why I have included the clause of altering the name accordingly if it is already taken.
-The post will be open until interest dies down.

I want to make a decision by next week.

Edited by WindChaserPegasus

Chinook. Skywalker. Cloud Walker. Wind Chaser. Nimbus. I personally like Wind Chaser. I may just use that one myself. :)[/size]

I'll add these to the list.

You can leave me with Cloud Walker, I kinda like that one.

Edited by pegasusexpress2010

I checked throught the names that was already promoted here and i think windseeker is quite fit for him. Thunderstreak or Thunderstruck might also be good names.
He's story reminds me of Icarus. He seems to aim high while he has his limits. He just seems like he will burn himself in one way or another by idolizing great flyers :)

• Brohoof 1

I checked throught the names that was already promoted here and i think windseeker is quite fit for him. Thunderstreak or Thunderstruck might also be good names.

He's story reminds me of Icarus. He seems to aim high while he has his limits. He just seems like he will burn himself in one way or another by idolizing great flyers :)

I like the reasoning behind your choice of Windseeker. I got the thought after I added some wind-related names and I remembered the Windseeker rides at the Cedar Fair theme parks here in the States. Thunderstreak is already there. Thunderstruck has been added but I may have to alter it due to commonality if it is chosen.

I based the character off of myself, actually. I idolize race car drivers and successful team owners and crew chiefs the same way but I know that I won't be becoming one in the near future. Similarly, I did get the idea to go into pilot or air mechanic training but I abandoned it because of the high cost of training vs low wages in the industry.

I've done well in school, but I can't even get a good entry-level job, not even a minimum wage job, so I've hit a bump in the road and have had more serious self-esteem issues than normal because of the uncertainty. I've gone back to college, but I don't even know what I want to study. In fact, I've been hiding my art talents so I could go after something else, but I think the time for that is almost over. I wanted to channel that uncertainty and longing through my character. I love the concept of keeping him a blank flank to show that he hasn't found his place yet.

When I thought of the "daydreamer" aspect of his personality, I was channeling Walter Mitty, which I can relate to. I often wish I could do something cool the same way he daydreams about being a hero.

hqdefault.jpg

I want to pick a name by mid-week. Multiple choice voting has been added. I'm gonna need all the help I can get. I will rename my profile after my OC once this is done.

Edited by pegasusexpress2010
  • Brohoof 1

I hope you find a fitting name :muffins:

Also no problems, I basically feed my life force of helping people. ;-)

img-2358006-1-hqdefault.jpg

I am now down to two choices: Sky Seeker and Wind Chaser. I'm now discussing this topic in my profile feed. In the meantime, have a friend request. :)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Thank you all for your help. I'm finally down to two choices which I am currently discussing on my profile feed.

Romper Stomper. Try that one on for size.

You know what? Use that one as a nickname if I ever show up in an RP. That will lead to some interesting exchanges. Edited by pegasusexpress2010

Thank you all for your help. I'm finally down to two choices which I am currently discussing on my profile feed.

You know what? Use that one as a nickname if I ever show up in an RP. That will lead to some interesting exchanges.

You're welcome friend of friends  :lol: