Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your Home Town

Fanglore

For the closest city, I'm stuck between "why" "Facepalm/hoof" and "snobby".

"Why" because the city does things like "let's dedicate 87% of our budget to the high class golf course country club" It costs about $2500 a year to be able to go to it, and it has never turned a profit and never has had more than 50 members at a time. Oh and its 15 miles outside of town in a swamp.

"Facehoof/palm" as they decided to build a new school right next to it, along with a community sports center thing(equally expensive as the golf course)...with glass making up 95% of the outside of the buildings. They're basically glass boxes. Next to a golf course. It's only way if access is the same two lane road as the golf course's, which was cut through a decent sized hill, so in the winter any little breeze drifts it level with snow, as in 30 feet of snow. 

And "snobby" because the town is basically full of "Spoiled Rich"es. They take extreme offense to anyone who isn't like them(name, class, and money) objecting to their...interesting decisions.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

My city is surrounded by a lot of forest, and it literally calls itself (inoffically) City within the forest (loosely translated). I definitely would agree with this. 

"So City within the forest" or just Forest if you want really one word

• Brohoof 1

my hometown is the largest city in Scotland

a lot of scenes from a famous Scottish sitcom about a group of pensioners were shot here (as it was based in Glasgow)

its a new city though, its only from the 1850s, with the majority of people living in schemes and new towns from around the 1950s and 60s

yes we have modern cities in Scotland, not mud huts

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...