Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tea Lovers Club

Virgil

• 2 months later...

Its sad such a good thread has gone asleep :) so lets try to fresh it up a little.

The last few months I have been influencing my family to drink more tea. And my mom has now started drinking way more tea and less coffee. I'm hoping to influence everyone near me to drink more tea and less coffee.

• Brohoof 1

Its sad such a good thread has gone asleep :) so lets try to fresh it up a little.

The last few months I have been influencing my family to drink more tea. And my mom has now started drinking way more tea and less coffee. I'm hoping to influence everyone near me to drink more tea and less coffee.

I like tea :) It gives you that little kick of caffein that you need without being to much (like coffe) and you can drink it thought out the day :D!

I do need to be a bit more adventurous, i only really have normal tea at home despite trying and liking a lot of different teas when I try them at other peoples houses!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I like tea :) It gives you that little kick of caffein that you need without being to much (like coffe) and you can drink it thought out the day :D!

I do need to be a bit more adventurous, i only really have normal tea at home despite trying and liking a lot of different teas when I try them at other peoples houses!

Well i personally have gotten really into white tea with a bit of Kiwi and Strawberry in it. I love the juicy taste of fruit in the already sweet tea. 

Also Its hard to tell how much caffeine your tea really have as different brands have different ammounts of herbs in them. There are also those tisanes which often are caffeine free too (basically herbal tea, they are usually marked as tea so I don't really know exactly whats are a tisane and not. Rooibush tea/Red tea is a good example on a tisane)

Basically what I'm trying to say: Your tea might have as much or even more caffeine in it than coffee depending on the tea and coffee you are using as a baseline.

raspberry of the iced variety. It is so good   :wub:. (I hope this thread isn't about hot tea only because hot tea is pretty good to  :) )

I heard that Chai tea with a mix of honey is supposed to be really tasty cold. You might want to try it out if you brew your own iced tea ^3^

Personally I don't like the Iced teas you buy as they have too much sugar in them

Edited by Karma Fluffykin
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I drink ginger chai. What I do is put loose crushed black tea leaves into a pot, add sugar, add ginger, and add water. After letting the contents boil and turn very dark brown, I add milk. You could also add cardamom or mint at this point. I then let the contents boil while making sure there is no overflow. 

Edited by LED Dasher
  • Brohoof 1

The only way to prepare tea is to throw it in the harbour.

img-2783559-1-george-washington.jpg

Just kidding.

I like oolong the best, though earl gray is a nice thing to enjoy with company.

Oolongs good, is there a particular kind you like?

I drink green tea for the most part as it helps keep my body temperature cool which is especially important in Texas, since 90 F here during the Summer is "somewhat hot" :P .

You resurrected the thread I started...

post-25260-0-10976900-1403916378.jpg

I love a good strong black tea. Earl Grey is probably my favorite, since it's so fragrant; it's got the nicest taste with just a touch of sugar.

I also really enjoy a good Jasmine tea. I like pearls from a tea infuser, rather than a bag.

...I sound like a tea snob, but I'm even worse about coffee. =/

• Brohoof 2

My experience with various teas is somewhat limited. I have ALWAYS liked iced tea; no exception there.

Now-a-days, I find myself addicted to citrus green tea.

...is that enough to join?

• Brohoof 1

My experience with various teas is somewhat limited. I have ALWAYS liked iced tea; no exception there.

Now-a-days, I find myself addicted to citrus green tea.

...is that enough to join?

Hmmm, what to do, what to do....

post-25260-0-06250600-1403925518.png

The club mascot approves, your in.

• Brohoof 1

Hmmm, what to do, what to do....

attachicon.gifprincess_celestia_approved_by_ambris-d4rftlj.png

The club mascot approves, your in.

Thank you! ;)

YEEEEEESSSSS!!!!!! TEEEEEAAAA!!!!!

239302__safe_animated_king-sombra_crysta

(Okay, so it's crystal, not tea, my snappy comeback was lacking :P )

• Brohoof 1

Hooray Tea thread!

Hmm.. I really love green tea, ice tea, and peppermint tea!

I usually would just buy them at a near by store, since some tea is cheaper there.

I prepare my tea in a small boil pot, because I don't have a tea kettle :( Then, I add a little sugar to some except green tea.

Sometimes I make my own peppermint tea, since it's really easy to make :)

(edited)

I am looking at buying a box of different twinings tea, has anyone got an suggestions ?

That depends, are you just wanting to try something different? If so you can get a sampler box (it's in a blue box) , of their various black teas. Although you might want to try their Prince of Wales tea if like something with a smoother taste  If you want to try a green tea, if I remember right they have a pretty decent green tea with jasmine

Though in terms of green tea bags in general, I would recommend seeing if your grocery store has this brand:

img-2809583-1-u-lc10004-03.jpg

In terms of quality it's at least the same as Twinnings, but it's way cheaper. And depending on the store your probably only going to pay $3-6 for a box of 100 bags. Although the company does make smaller sizes and different types of tea.

Edited by Virgil
  • Brohoof 1

@@Virgil, Huh, ok. I ahve had green tea once or twice before and liked it so I might see if I can pick up a box of it :)

And yeah, I've had some randoms teas before but would like to just get a bunch and try out different teas. The only reason I mentioned twinings was because they do nice neat random boxes (though I'm sure other places do as well I just have not found them yet :P

• Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...

One of the first threads I started here... gonna revive this sucker through my most awesome stratagem yet! A short youtube vid on Pu-erh tea cultivation in Yunnan, China! :P

Hmm, I always drink tea when I'm at some restaurant that isn't Mexican (because I drink horchata) :proud::P. Two packets of sugars (sweet and low) per a tall glass do it for me.

Edited by SparkWolf
  • Brohoof 1

You Barbarians!

While riding on a bus, I met a British person of indeterminate age & gender. They were kind enough to shed enlightenment on my poor, uncouth, Yankee self.

1st, the teapot.  It must be china & warmed with boiling water.  Then, the tea. 1tsp per cup + 1 for the pot.  Those metal tea cozy balls are CHEATING!.  Then, a whole bunch of advice about how long it has to soak (basically, the tea the Minute Men threw in the harbor is just about ready now).  But, since I wouldn't go through all that rigamarole to please a dying me-maw, I've forgotten.

Tea bags are a curse Satan inflicted on humanity, through us Yankees (his favored minion)

As a kid, growing up in the back woods, I learned to enjoy Sassafras tea while on Boy Scout campouts.  I've had to give it up since moving to Phoenix (My God, the expense! + it's never as good as the homemade stuff)

• Brohoof 1

I love English Breakfast and Constant Comment.

But I've been reacentley been drinking Christmas Tea quite often. Guess it's that time of year.

Constant Comment is probably  my favorite since it was the first tea I ever drank.

I also drink Green Tea from time to time.

I drink my tea with creme and suger. Except for certain flavors like Green tea, where I just put the sugar in.

Edited by Emerald <3
  • Brohoof 1