Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Was King Sombra always evil?

Rarity Paige Belle

No one is born truly evil, and my theory on this is that Sombra and Celestia had a thing for each other. However, Celestia chose her duty before love, causing Sombra to go mad. This would also explain why, in the comics, Celestia uses the magic mirror to travel to a different universe to see the 'good' Sombra.

While its true that nobody is born evil. Some people Are born psychopaths. Its not hard to say that Sombra is a psychopath seeing how he takes pleasure in enslaving others

• Brohoof 1

I have and always will believe that Sombra was once good. In fact, I believe that the only reason he turned evil was because he dabbled in dark magic just a little too much, and it ultimately corrupted him beyond redemption.

But, that's just my headcanon. :catface:

• Brohoof 1

You are not born evil, not even Discord (unless your name is Evil or means evil). You gain the title of evil through your own actions, whether you are aware of it being evil or you think you are in the right.

• Brohoof 1

No one is born truly evil, and my theory on this is that Sombra and Celestia had a thing for each other. However, Celestia chose her duty before love, causing Sombra to go mad. This would also explain why, in the comics, Celestia uses the magic mirror to travel to a different universe to see the 'good' Sombra.

Of course he is dont you know Hasbro makes all King and queens evil by defualt.

Seriously now though

We will never know its never touched on, never hinted at, never ever refernced his pasted.  Frankly for the plot it wasn't needed.  though I do like the whole possible alicorn amulet head cannon hehe its amusing

Of course he is dont you know Hasbro makes all King and queens evil by defualt.

Seriously now though

We will never know its never touched on, never hinted at, never ever refernced his pasted.  Frankly for the plot it wasn't needed.  though I do like the whole possible alicorn amulet head cannon hehe its amusing

Actually in the comics it is hinted at!

When Celestia of all people says you have a heart as black as night, it means you are literally so evil, that you are worse then a genocidal monster. He may not be born evil, but typically pure evil creatures are. Chattur'gha comes to mind

chattur_gha__the_great_being_of_matter_b

We don't know how or why he became evil.

All we really know is that he has a heart made of hate and darkness.

All we can really do is make headcanons or fan fictions :/

Sombra may have not been born evil, but the name itself does me "shadow" so most likely he was evil, but from an early age and soon stealing the Throne in the Crystal Empire

Sombra may have not been born evil, but the name itself does me "shadow" so most likely he was evil, but from an early age and soon stealing the Throne in the Crystal Empire

We need to remember that he is a Unicorn. And from what we seen in HAHD the early Unicorns have a huge ego, and pride. So Maybe Sombra took over the Empire for please his pride.

@,

That's assuming Ponies know Spanish. Assuming they had the same thought line as the show directors, then it's a pun on "somber". Still not the best name when your name means "sad"

@,

That's assuming Ponies know Spanish. Assuming they had the same thought line as the show directors, then it's a pun on "somber". Still not the best name when your name means "sad"

Well, i wouldn't be surprised if there were "other" languages on Equestria, if you think about it.  :D

But yes, just by his name, I had the feeling he would be a "dark" character.

@,

Yeah, it means either "shadow" or "sad". Not the best life predictions, eh?

And other languages are canon, French Applebloom comes to mind 

Exactly.   With Applebloom, thats when it came to me, that "Oh may Equestria does have some other languages".  Not to mention, Equestria itself, does somewhat resemble the America's.  

@,

There's also a Saudi Arabia, Saddle Arabia. Adding to that, the Diamond Dogs and Buffalo presumably have their own nation since they have tribes. The dragons probably don't have a recognized nation since they don't cooperate

• Brohoof 1

@,

There's also a Saudi Arabia, Saddle Arabia. Adding to that, the Diamond Dogs and Buffalo presumably have their own nation since they have tribes. The dragons probably don't have a recognized nation since they don't cooperate

Oh yeah......I forgot about that, :lol:

I think that's the only one, b/c its like almost everything else, you find in the America's.  

• 4 months later...

Since his name means "shadow" in Spanish, I'd like to think that he was pure evil to begin with.

But since he's inspired by Sauron who also got corrupted and his own corruption leaded him to his demise, probably they could have done something similar in the show or comics.

• 1 year later...

I think that he might be controlled by dark magic. Remember the eyes of his? Or his body colour? That would explain why his evil (with Princess Luna was a similar circus) also that would explain his power which could expand during the years of him being curropted. However how he came to be corrupted, maybe he tried to create new spell or he tried to control dark magic & turned out opposite?

Edited by Polish Snake

You are not born evil, not even Discord (unless your name is Evil or means evil). You gain the title of evil through your own actions, whether you are aware of it being evil or you think you are in the right.

discord wasn't born, he was spawned fully grown! he is a chaos spirit born of chaos.