mega thread What are you thinking?

Tabe

(edited)

I have such mixed feelings on YT sponsorships. I get creators want to get paid, sure. They deserve to get paid for their labor. And sponsorships pay a boatload compared to ad revenue. But man couldn't some of them at least pick sponsors who aren't actively selling products that are either:

Purposefully addictive and/or predatory (mobile games, BetterHelp, energy drinks, and so on)

Or

Just straight up ripoffs or rebranded china junk.

Like come on, you really care so little for your viewers that you have no qualms with peddling garbage to them? While actively taking 4 minutes out of a 15 minute video to highlight said garbage? It gives me a lot of appreciation for content creators who just have Patreons instead of sponsorships like DankPods. Or content creators who at least research and pick sponsors carefully instead of just accepting whoever throws the most money at them.

Edited by Iforgotmybrain
Forgot word
  • Brohoof 2
  • Sad 1

1688011602589297.png.895617a26d9ad95396f01be743553b79.png

Installers are usually called Wizards since wizards could read scripts and spells that regular people could not and decipher them.

Before, I never wondered why they were called wizards -- I took it for granted. This explanation makes sense.

• Brohoof 2
  • smile 1

image.png.b5800dbd4a0f66541f23ae5455e704d7.png
Pony Art Thread

Brony since ~25 July of 2011.

I think which profession is better to choose. I don't want to work in a factory. Three years ago, I entered the specialty of metalworking, but I don't like it. I would have been better off studying for another profession. A friend of mine started doing copywriting, and I think I'll probably do it too. Maybe it's better for me to become a programmer. I don't understand what to choose. I want to work at home, not at the factory.

• Brohoof 2
  • Hugs 1

T-90.jpg.c09d40d696a92846d7036daccbfabe0c.jpg
                                                                                                                                                   T-90

(edited)
3 hours ago, ComanderZhabikKlavik said:

I think which profession is better to choose. I don't want to work in a factory. Three years ago, I entered the specialty of metalworking, but I don't like it. I would have been better off studying for another profession. A friend of mine started doing copywriting, and I think I'll probably do it too. Maybe it's better for me to become a programmer. I don't understand what to choose. I want to work at home, not at the factory.

I understand your position. I got my bachelors in Public Admin, but working in government is not as great and secure as some would think.

My last office job was a private company where they actually paid for me to do my masters in business even though I was interested in doing cybersecurity. I tried cybersecurity while I had my office job, got two certifications, but did not like doing that job either as it's very competitive especially with all the layoffs in the tech industry recently.

I recently went back to school for my masters in business and over half way atm. A majority of it was paid off already. It's pretty interesting, I do not know where I will be going but there is a lot of useful information and I am getting ideas of what I like. Anyway I wish you good luck!

Edited by StarlightNyars
editing the editing the editing
  • Brohoof 2
  • Hugs 1

Amazon splitting Invincible’s second season into two different 4 episode parts has to be one of the dumbest things I’ve ever seen. Even more stupid than Hasbro accidentally spoiling the final episodes of MYM by releasing a TYT episode too early. Even more stupid than Netflix splitting up the release of JoJo part 6.

Seriously, even as a huge fan of the series, splitting up an 8 episode season like that has killed all the hype I had for the show back in the Fall. We had the privilege of waiting 4 months (they just started releasing the 2nd half episodes today) for a whole 4 episodes followed by at least another year gap for the next 8 episode season.

That’s not even touching on the fact that the animation of season 2 has been a noticeable downgrade from the first season. And I’m not one to usually complain about that stuff or even notice it.

If Invincible gets canceled I’m pointing to Amazon’s mismanagement as the number one 1 reason why. It makes me so frustrated because the comics are so good, and the show’s story is too. But Amazon’s management of the show has just been borderline self-sabotage.

• Shocked 1
  • Sad 1

(edited)
21 minutes ago, Iforgotmybrain said:

Amazon splitting Invincible’s second season into two different 4 episode parts has to be one of the dumbest things I’ve ever seen. Even more stupid than Hasbro accidentally spoiling the final episodes of MYM by releasing a TYT episode too early. Even more stupid than Netflix splitting up the release of JoJo part 6.

Seriously, even as a huge fan of the series, splitting up an 8 episode season like that has killed all the hype I had for the show back in the Fall. We had the privilege of waiting 4 months (they just started releasing the 2nd half episodes today) for a whole 4 episodes followed by at least another year gap for the next 8 episode season.

That’s not even touching on the fact that the animation of season 2 has been a noticeable downgrade from the first season. And I’m not one to usually complain about that stuff or even notice it.

If Invincible gets canceled I’m pointing to Amazon’s mismanagement as the number one 1 reason why. It makes me so frustrated because the comics are so good, and the show’s story is too. But Amazon’s management of the show has just been borderline self-sabotage.

This. I completely forgot about Invincible second season continuation until I saw an ad on mobile earlier today. Idk about the Hasbro stuff, what's that about? Jojo Part 6's momentum was totally killed by Netflix's decision. I rather wait weekly for Jojo episodes and I hope that Part 7 is not done the same way as Part 6 because I really enjoyed Part 7.

These companies think that they will make more money by splitting up the episodes in groups every 3-6 months so that more people will have to subscribe to their platforms for a limited time, but it just works against them long term. Short term gains are not worth it. I would rather have weekly episodes or just binge the entire season at once.

Edited by StarlightNyars
  • Brohoof 1
  • Shocked 1

11 minutes ago, StarlightNyars said:

This. I completely forgot about Invincible second season continuation until I saw an ad on mobile earlier today. Idk about the Hasbro stuff, what's that about? Jojo Part 6's momentum was totally killed by Netflix's decision. I rather wait weekly for Jojo episodes and I hope that Part 7 is not done the same way as Part 6 because I really enjoyed Part 7.

These companies think that they will make more money by splitting up the episodes in groups every 3-6 months so that more people will have to subscribe to their platforms for a limited time, but it just works against them long term. Short term gains are not worth it. I would rather have weekly episodes or just binge the entire season at once.

Hasbro released an episode of TYT that spoiled the return of Spike and the dragons right before the release of MYM chapter 6. It seemed like they were supposed to be released in conjunction but that didn’t happen lol.

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Iforgotmybrain said:

Hasbro released an episode of TYT that spoiled the return of Spike and the dragons right before the release of MYM chapter 6. It seemed like they were supposed to be released in conjunction but that didn’t happen lol.

Oof. That's bad. I heard the recent episode released earlier than usual and thought it was that or something. I still have to check that one out.

13 minutes ago, ZiggWheelsManning said:

@StarlightNyars

Thinking about Invincible, is it live action?  

It's an adult animated superhero series. It's not for the faint of heart though as I know some who did not like the violence behind it.

• Brohoof 1

42 minutes ago, Iforgotmybrain said:

Don't forget that they released a episode with the Dragons a month before the episode that spoiled MyM Chapter 6

And the fact that the episode about the Dragons is meant to take place after both the Episode that spoiled MyM Chapter 6 and Chpater 6 itself only makes the situation even better hehe :oh_golly:

• Delighted Giggle 2

"Stand quiet like the Sky, and Move faster than Lightning"

Follower of the ultimate power, spirit, divine dreams and wishes of the Heavenly Angels of Stars (Starys), Husband of Mary Stary, Angel of Power and Spirit.

Dragon Ball fan since 2009, Hyped for Dragon Ball 40th Anniversary 2024, Daima, New Manga Saga & Sparking ZERO! :eager: / Making Arts for Free! :o

1112SemTtulo_20240820084933.jpg.3a7eb511f8fa06ea9a0cf4e6ad3f6849.jpg

4 minutes ago, Tropical Melody said:

Yep fink I gotta get a second coffee .....

You probably should. I've never once had coffee but I know how people get without it. :squee:

6 minutes ago, Lawyer Slip said:

You probably should. I've never once had coffee but I know how people get without it. :squee:

I've just started doing it pour over filter style, and it's so much better than brewing in a pot.

Also, I'm  thirsty .. :D

5d99c364c08b6737376366.gif.dfa4553cb69616eb874ec1343886e9fa.gif

REDWINGS HORSE SANCTUARY  www.redwings.org.uk

(edited)

Don’t know if I can’t fall for anybody because I haven’t met such a person in a while, or I’ve become too hard to people that might be it.

Or I’m hoping for too much. I’ve waited so long, I do want to make it right and not feel like I just went with whoever was available. Certainly I haven’t been so out there in so long. Dating apps are balls and suggest I’m not ideal enough.

Edited by DubWolf

img-18807-1-EVnkzff.png

Sig by Wolf, Handwriting by SparklingSwirls

Thinking it's been a minute since I last visited these forums. Oops.

silverstream_signature_by_kyoshifrostwolf_dceb7cf.png.13d1f0558421db9878b3d4774bb30e86.png