Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you eat hay?

CosmicHooves

I think it's nutritional value for humans is negligible? Also the ends of hay are relatively very sharp, so you'd need to process it to eat it properly. I dunno without trying, but I doubt I ever would.

No, I don't eat hay.

It can make a human sick and I don't imagine it tasting good.

My horse loves it, though

• 1 month later...

Seems like I’m only one hay-eater here. :)

Well, I was always very open-minded about food. In the past I ate grasshoppers and raw meat, one of my friends ate little spiders, another one ate butterflies (true, true... Fluttershy’d disapprove that). I remember the nineties, when we had something like Great Depression in ex-USSR. My family was very poor so my grandma made a soup from orach and nettle. Since I became vegetarian (in previous year) my diet got more various; I found it’s a lot of edible things all around us. Yesterday, for instance, I ate some dandelions with that horse.

So, why not? Hay is tastier than spinach, at least for me. It’s prickly, yeah, so it does massage my gums quite nice. And it can be used instead of chewing gum or toothpick. Of course it’s not substitute for regular food, but as a light snack... well, just give it a chance. :)

P.S. I’m fixin’ to make a real hayburger soon. And sweet flower sandwich with maple syrup or apple jam. And horseshoe fries too. It’s a wide scope to some culinary experiments.

post-26154-0-83858900-1400883368_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 3