Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you lift?

CosmicHooves

20lb? I think my backpack is heavier than that. Still, you're awesome for working hard and trying to get better, and I'll brohoof your post for that.

I typically do sets of 20/30 pushups every few hours, to offset the fact that I don't get out much. Situps and weight training is also included, and when I can go to the gym, I use every machine at high levels, typically 60-90ish lbs. I still look fat, but I don't care.

Forgot to mention, its a 45lb bar for the benches. The presses, flies, and shrug is exact.

I exersise a lot, every day. here's my routine.

Monday: complain about school, followed by an EXTREME nap.

Tuesday: eating food followed by an INTENSE 5-HOUR nap.

Wensday: wishing it was the weekend followed by more eating and naps.

Thursday: sleeping followed by napping, resting my eyes, dozing off, then finally hitting the hay.

Friday: I get my napping done early because the rest of this workout is pretty intense, STAY UP ALL NIGHT ON TF2!

Saturday: watching something on youtube, followed by a HARDCORE nap

Sunday: naps followed by crying because the weekend is over and I slept though it.

This is is guys, this is how I stay SUPER RIPPED.

Follow this schedule and you will NOT be disappointed.

• Brohoof 3

The training schedule I want to get back to is

Monday: Jump rope 10 minutes, footwork drills 20 minutes, sparring 1-2 hours. (Involves lots of talking and laziness though)

Tuesday: Upper body day at the gym. Sadly I'm an idiot and I don't know the names of any devices. Weights from 20-32 kg for arms/chest, 39kg rotary torso, 45kg back, then 150 crunches.

Wednesday: Crossfit-like warmup to fencing, including footwork, leg lifts, pushups, crunches, short sprints etc, followed by 1-2 hours of sparring.

Thursday: Sparring 2 hours, mainly focusing on technique, maybe drills with the trainer.

Friday: Leg day at the gym, weights from 39 to 52kg. Rotary torso 39 kg, then 150 crunches.

Weekend: either tournaments or one day of gym with mixed devices.

All sets in the gym are 2 x 25 reps, except the crunches which are 3 x 50 and rotary torso, which is 4 x 25.

At the moment, however, I have no time and I'm stressed as hell so both my diet and training scheme are horrible.

Edited by KatonRyu
  • Brohoof 1

I do a TON of biking. in the summer I go on 100 mile (161 km) 8 hour rides on the regular for fun. I also swim 3 to 4 miles a week.

But I just started lifting a few weeks ago for the first time in years and I am really enjoying it. I am doing the stronglifts 5x5 workout (google it if you want to know more about it). it is super ease to understand. you do 5 sets of 5 for 3 lifts, 3 days a week. the hole workout only takes about 30 to 40 minutes and is all barbell basted lifts. it gives your hole body a good workout and you don't need to use 10 machines every workout. I feel really good since I started lifting.

on a side note, I really want to where a pony t shirt to the gym when I work out with all the meetheads just to see what kind of looks I get but I don't want to do it until I can start putting up 300+ lb (136 kg) on my lifts.

• Brohoof 2

Monday - chest & triceps. (Bench press, bench dips, dumbbell press etc.)

Wednesday - biceps & legs. (I currently leg press around 350 lbs. Amazing, right? xD)

Friday - stomach & back. (The usual stuff.)

Sunday - full body workout. (Yup!)

.. and I always start my workouts with 20-30 minutes HIIT-cardio on the treadmill or the rowing machine.

I don't really have a schedule anymore, too lazy :lol: Usually though, monday is typically my upper body day, with wednesday being for lower back and legs, and on friday I do stomach, and often upper body exercises again if I feel like it  :P That's all tho...three days a week. Could seem narrow, but it works for me.

These are my current 1 rep maxes on the big 3:

Deadlift: 308 lbs

Bench press: 176 lbs

Squat: 244 lbs

Edited by RaveRatchet
  • Brohoof 1

Oh my.

Some weights are down after snapping up my right shoulder last year. Mostly overhead an incline stuff, bringing it back though. All are working weights as of this last week.

Decline Bench - 315

Narrow - 260

Incline Bench - 240

Narrow - 195

Front Shoulder Press - 120

Rear Shoulder Press - 110

Combo - 100

Military Press - 155

Pendley Row - 235

T Bar Row - 325

Squat - 415

Squat Press - 610

Standing Calf Lift - 540

Like I said, rehabbing the shoulder has hurt some of the presses, but I'm getting back to where I wanna be.

Don't mess with machines outside of the squat press, and I do very little isolation work. Friday I hit the big 5 for volume and speed.

But I'm also meticulous with when and what I eat/drink.

It's all kind of an obsession. Body dysmorphia and an extremely addictive personality?

• Brohoof 2

No wheight training but I do keep my core in shape. But I run a lot so their wouldn't really be any benefit as my body would not likely be able to keep the muscle. I probably should lift a little though

Edited by alpinefroggy

so I was at the gym today and the last set I need to do was 5 dead lifts. I am still in the working up to my max so am not doing a as much as I could (don't know what my max is yet because the plan I am on has me adding wait every working out until I get there). so today I was at 165 lb (75kg) and the guy next to me did a set of 300, 400, and then 500 lb (227kg)!! I really had to fight my self to not start throwing plates on to my bar because I know I can do more, but I want to stick to the plan and work way up safely. remember, never lift with your ego! if you get hurt, you are out of the game and will be putting up 0. you don't get to be in the 300+ club by lifting stupid.

Edited by SolidTwilight
  • Brohoof 1

I personally use a weight machine, so that way I don't need a spotter. It's at my house so I have easy access to it. Last time I did a bench press I did 150. That was a while back. Now I'd say that I could do around 200 or so.

• Brohoof 2

Bit of advice?

Don't worry about lifting heavy. I can put up over 400lbs on a decline bench. Thing is, I get a better workout in at a lower weight.

I get a better stretch and contraction, hit the muscle harder.

That's true of every lift.

Focus on form and function.

One note regarding the 5x5 scheme. It's a great fundamental routine. Reg Park was actually an ardent supporter. But slowly building the weight doesn't mean you start with minimal weight.

You do need to work with what you can while maintaining good form and add from there. If you're not overloading the muscle, you're not actually getting any stronger. Especially when you're working low volume routines.

If you're lifting at, say 60%, of you're max potential? You need to keep to a 10-20 rep range.

• Brohoof 3

My cousin has tried repeatedly to get me into this sort of thing or exercise in general, but I would prefer to move as little as absolutely necessary. X )  Actually, my idea of a workout is twenty minutes of DDR.  Which I've...  Gotten away from. xD  I've got ten and twenty pound weights just sitting behind my couch doing nothing.  Holding the floor down, I suppose.

I like to exercise and stay in shape, but I hate keeping track or doing specific sets/reps for specific parts.  Too much trouble.  I just do what I feel like until I'm too tired to do any more.  It's like the Joker:  Do I look like a guy with a plan?  I just...do things.

Yeah, I do.

I frequent the gym Saturdays and Sundays (wish I could go daily, but time restraints don't permit).

Every day I do push-ups, sit ups, and crunches. I've been really taking It seriously since late October last year.

Oh god. Yesterday was Back and Bi.

4 sets 12 reps - Pulldowns @ 98lb

4 sets 10 reps - Body Weight Push-ups

4 sets 10 reps - Rows @ 98lb

4 sets 12 reps - Deadlifts @ 60lb+small bar

4 sets 10 reps - Back Flys? @ 55lb

4 sets 10 reps - Bi Curls (Machine) @ 45lb

3 sets 5 reps - Curls (Dumbbell) @ 20lb

I'm a weak bitch so everything hurts.

If you're lifting at, say 60%, of you're max potential? You need to keep to a 10-20 rep range.

I personally thought that at 40-70 you should be doing 10-12. Is that dependent on goal?

• Brohoof 1

Amped the leg press up to around 400lbs now. It's craaazaaaay.

Oh well, back to lifting.

Yes, like others have said, never lift with your ego. Start small and you'll start amping up those numbers real fast.

I do full-body training three times a week. Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday I run for 20 minutes to warm up, lift weights, run another 10 to relax and then do a routine I made up together with a trainer, I do the routine twice now, I used to only do it once because my asthma was absolutely killing at the end of it. But now that I build it up and my asthma's getting less of a problem, I can finally do it twice.

The routine's basically a lot of arm and leg work, with a little back, abs and cycling in between to cooldown a little. I can't really explain it because I don't know the names of the machines but it's really tough because I can set a difficulty for myself that I barely can handle.

It worked wonders in the first three months, I build up plenty of muscle in a short amount of time and my fat/muscle ratio got to a point that I wanted surprisingly fast. I don't work-out to feel "badass" or act tough. I just like it, it makes me feel good and I think I'm looking better and better every week. In the end, I'm doing it for myself, not for anyone else.

Edited by Winterbass