Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If two villains from MLP gen 1 found a way to get from Ponyland to Equestria

Adachi

What would their reactions be when they run into Celestia and Luna?

I think they would likely shit themselves, because previously, the ponies they dealt with were like children who needed a human savior to keep them from hurting themselves. Celestia and Luna are both much more regal looking, much smarter, and much bigger than any g1 pony :lol:

• Brohoof 1

They would be surprised to see how Celestia and Luna look, and probably try to take them on anyway. Seeing how this scenario would play out, just sounds so funny. :lol:

• Brohoof 1

They would be surprised to see how Celestia and Luna look, and probably try to take them on anyway. Seeing how this scenario would play out, just sounds so funny. :lol:

I could just imagine it now. Before they even get a chance to attack *moon*

• Brohoof 1

Depends on the villain

Tirek: Your size matters not, you are still ponies *turns Celestia into a dragon slave*

Grogar: W-what is this?! Heh, it doesn't matter, only the bell can kill me *outlasts Celestia*

Katrina: What in the world?! I'll need a lot of witch weed! *runs away to get her drugs*

The Smooze: Bow wowow *kills Celestia*

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Depends on the villain

Tirek: Your size matters not, you are still ponies *turns Celestia into a dragon slave*

Grogar: W-what is this?! Heh, it doesn't matter, only the bell can kill me *outlasts Celestia*

Katrina: What in the world?! I'll need a lot of witch weed! *runs away to get her drugs*

The Smooze: Bow wowow *kills Celestia*

That was closer to what I was thinking...  The G4 ponies are a lot more .... used to peace.   The G1 villains did not play as fair or goofy.

Oh and they would encounter PINKIE PIE long before they encountered the diarchs. 

Edited by silvadel
  • Brohoof 2

That was closer to what I was thinking...  The G4 ponies are a lot more .... used to peace.   The G1 villains did not play as fair or goofy.

It's more the fact that Celestia and Luna are piss weak. Tirek can command dragons and we know that dragons couldn't give two craps about Celestia and Luna. Grogar is basically immortal so as long as you don't hit his bell, so while he'd get knocked around, his stamina would let him win. Katrina isn't powerful enough without a huge dose of a witchweed. The Smooze is just too powerful, he can take on the Elements of Harmony

I'm not going to mention Lavan since IDK much about him 

Yeah, I hate to admit it, but at least 1-2 of them would decimate g4. Although Twi or Rarity would probably figure out that the bell is Grogar's weakness, and RD would definitely be able to get access to the bell with her speed. Or make him dizzy enough to fall, then ring the bell.

• Brohoof 1

It's more the fact that Celestia and Luna are piss weak. Tirek can command dragons and we know that dragons couldn't give two craps about Celestia and Luna. Grogar is basically immortal so as long as you don't hit his bell, so while he'd get knocked around, his stamina would let him win. Katrina isn't powerful enough without a huge dose of a witchweed. The Smooze is just too powerful, he can take on the Elements of Harmony

I'm not going to mention Lavan since IDK much about him 

I don't think C&L are "piss weak" but Celestia is tempered by a long period of peace and Luna is a bit cowed.  If you look at episode 4/2 where we see them facing Discord in the past, they seem a lot more (and I mean A LOT MORE formidable).  The sheer look on their faces with the wounds on their bodies as they stared down and stoned Discord depicted a side of them that they have for the most part lost over time. 

A G1 villain would do well to strike first and strike hard because the diarchs would get into the swing of things if they managed to live on to fight another day -- especially after ponies started getting actually KILLED. 

Celestia actually strikes me as the kind of pony that would bring down all of equestria upon a Tirek once she figured out just how evil he actually is assuming she survived that long.  She is more a Picard type than a Kirk type and would draw together a mixed group of minotaurs, griffons, zebras, and ponies to bear against him.

Grogar would be a "send Twilight on the mission" kind of thing and cross your hooves.

With the Smooze we would all of a sudden find out that Friendship is Witchcraft was right and Fluttershy and Rarity were secret Smooze cultists and down goes the world...  (naw -- actually I think the Smooze would be the one that they would have the EASIEST time fighting out of the four)

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, I hate to admit it, but at least 1-2 of them would decimate g4. Although Twi or Rarity would probably figure out that the bell is Grogar's weakness, and RD would definitely be able to get access to the bell with her speed. Or make him dizzy enough to fall, then ring the bell.

Even so, it's mentioned that Grogar has power beyond any unicorn. He'd be tough to take out.

Tirek is just not going to happen, the Rainbow of Darkness is ludicrously powerful.

Katrina has a chance if she has her witchweed, otherwise, weak

The Smooze wins regardless, it steamrolls everything. When it eats the Rainbow of Light...yeah

Lavan is pretty powerful too, requiring several princesses blasting him at once to take down. I'd say he's Sombra's equal power wise, maybe a bit more 

I don't think C&L are "piss weak" but Celestia is tempered by a long period of peace and Luna is a bit cowed.  If you look at episode 4/2 where we see them facing Discord in the past, they seem a lot more (and I mean A LOT MORE formidable).  The sheer look on their faces with the wounds on their bodies as they stared down and stoned Discord depicted a side of them that they have for the most part lost over time. 

A G1 villain would do well to strike first and strike hard because the diarchs would get into the swing of things if they managed to live on to fight another day -- especially after ponies started getting actually KILLED. 

Celestia actually strikes me as the kind of pony that would bring down all of equestria upon a Tirek once she figured out just how evil he actually is assuming she survived that long.  She is more a Picard type than a Kirk type and would draw together a mixed group of minotaurs, griffons, zebras, and ponies to bear against him.

Grogar would be a "send Twilight on the mission" kind of thing and cross your hooves.

With the Smooze we would all of a sudden find out that Friendship is Witchcraft was right and Fluttershy and Rarity were secret Smooze cultists and down goes the world...  (naw -- actually I think the Smooze would be the one that they would have the EASIEST time fighting out of the four)

1. By piss weak, I mean the dragons don't respect them and Tatzlworms are strong enough to make Discord wet himself

2. Celestia would do that, but Tirek has his Rainbow of Darkness. Celestia would actually be making things worse, she'd give him more servants to use. 

3. Eh, Grogar is stated to have magic far beyond any unicorn. He's not weak

4. No, the Smooze is a beast. That thing ate the Rainbow of Light.

Smooze>Rainbow of Light>Tirek>Dragons>Celestia and Luna

Nothing save the Elements are going to cut it and even then, it might not work.

Catrina is definitely a send Twilight on a mission type though

Lavan is a tough one, but considering that it took several princesses to take him down, I'll put him on Sombra's level

With the smooze, Discord would be the most likely to be instrumental in taking it out.  Remember that Discord is on the side of good at least when it comes to things like invading G1 villains.

• Brohoof 1

With the smooze, Discord would be the most likely to be instrumental in taking it out.  Remember that Discord is on the side of good at least when it comes to things like invading G1 villains.

Discord was terrified of the Tatzlworm, he's not the god people make him out to be.

He might have the Flutterpony magic though 

(edited)

Discord was terrified of the Tatzlworm, he's not the god people make him out to be.

Yes I know Discord is merely one step more powerful than Celestia but yes he should have the Flutterpony magic, and add Cadance and the crystal heart to the picture to fix ponies that have been hit by pieces of the Smooze and G4 might not be a great place for the Smooze to be.  Of course he might have already eaten the diarchs, but the diarchs really aren't the ones who would have the main part in defeating the purple menace.

It just seems to me that G4 has the tools with the Smooze where it doesn't as much with the others.

Edited by silvadel
  • Brohoof 1

What I would really like to see is a love triangle between Celestia, Sombra and Terak!

First off, it's Tirek.

Second of all.....FOR GOD'S SAKE, ENOUGH WITH THE SOMBRA SHIPPING! NO NEED TO MAKE IT ANY WORSE BY SHIPPING CELESTIA WITH A CENTAUR! 

Many of the big-name G1 villains were highly dependent on magical artifacts, so how effective they would be translated to G4 would depend a lot on how those artifacts change in translation as well. And how much time the villains are given to adapt to that translation.

Tirek and the Rainbow of Darkness: Since the Rainbow's main power was to transform things into 'evil' things (ponies into dragons, birds into lizard goons, trees into fortresses), there's the idea that Tirek himself was transformed from something else. Possibly he was just a puppet of the Rainbow itself.

Grognar and the Bell of Tambelon: Grognar seemed to be a wizard-type, and the Bell appeared to be a booster, rather than the only source of power he had.

Squirk and the Flashstone: Outside of the Flashstone's 'do anything the wielder wishes' power, Squirk was also physically huge. If regular ponies are about the same size between generations, Squirk would still be four or five times the mass of Celestia.

Lavan and the Princess Wands: Lavan and the other lava demons were quite capable of doing a lot of damage on their own, but only became real threats when Lavan got ahold of G1's equivalents to the Elements of Harmony and turned them to his own purposes.

Smooze.... who technically *is* an artifact, as it is a manufactured thing.

Catrina, Somnambula, as well as Reeka, Draggle, and Hydia are all witches so have some magical power on their own. But stripped of their props they didn't seem to have much left over.

Hes a reality bender, I highly doubt any villain would be able to directly take him out, atleast not without a fight or learning his weakness. Discord was not terrified by the Tatzlwurm, he was startled by it, he was even about to snap his talon to retaliate toward the worm before it sneezed on him. Discords greatest strength is his ability to plan ahead, he had everything planned out in ''Threes a Crowd'' the Tatzlwurm was but a unexpected foil to that plan, as well as Cadences reaction.

Hes a reality bender, I highly doubt any villain would be able to directly take him out, atleast not without a fight or learning his weakness. Discord was not terrified by the Tatzlwurm, he was startled by it, he was even about to snap his talon to retaliate toward the worm before it sneezed on him. Discords greatest strength is his ability to plan ahead, he had everything planned out in ''Threes a Crowd'' the Tatzlwurm was but a unexpected foil to that plan, as well as Cadences reaction.

His reality bending has limits. He was unable to cure himself after being sneezed on and was crippled by a mere disease that Cadence could prevent. Discord is powerful, but he's not as powerful as people make him out to be