Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pick a Flaw - S4E21 Testing, Testing 1...2...3

Doctor XFizzle

35 users have voted

1. 1. What is your TOP complaint/dislike from today's episode?

• Rainbow Dash focus
    • Mane Six secondary focus
    • study method gags
    • portrayal of Rainbow's intelligence
    • Journal entry/moral
    • episode pacing/boring
    • Other (explain)

When Rainbow Dash was moping, I kind of wished she pointed out how the Wonderbolts have been self-centered jerks at Rainbow Falls and that if she DID wind up joining them, she would have to leave Ponyville and all of her friends to travel with them because Spitfire would probably DEMAND it.

That would have made her defeatist attitude a bit easier to swallow.

• 3 weeks later...

Rainbow Dash is an obsessive Wonderbolts fangirl. The fact that she doesn't know much about the history of the Wonderbolts didn't seem right at all.

I'm sure you can have fans of sports teams who are otherwise ignorant or unaware of their favorite team's history. While I agree Rainbow being completely oblivious to the Wonderbolts' tradition is a bit strange (one would expect she would know their founder, for instance), her ignorance isn't a total stretch when one considers how obsessed she is with their current iteration as opposed to their whole history.

I'm sure you can have fans of sports teams who are otherwise ignorant or unaware of their favorite team's history. While I agree Rainbow being completely oblivious to the Wonderbolts' tradition is a bit strange (one would expect she would know their founder, for instance), her ignorance isn't a total stretch when one considers how obsessed she is with their current iteration as opposed to their whole history.

Some ignorance is reasonable, but the complete ignorance goes a bit too far. We've seen how obsessed she's gotten with Daring Do lore in the short time she's liked it, and since she doesn't think reading is just for eggheads anymore, she should've known a lot more about the Wonderbolts. She's not just some casual fan who catches a show here or there.

• Brohoof 1