Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My Little Dashie - a positive alternate ending

GXPBlast

After reading and watching the StormXF3 MY Little Dashie story I was saddened at the ending. I understand that is was meant to be sad but I always wanted a more realistic and positive ending.

Luckily I found a great ending to My Little Dashie and I believe it was a more realistic ending in my opinion.

After reading the alternative ending, I was not saddened as much and felt much better.

Think about it, you have lived and cared for Dashie for many years and had turned your life around. Before finding Dashie your life is pointless and on the verge of suicide. Once Dashie comes into your life things change for the good. Then Celestia and the ponies come and rip Dashie away from you with no visiting rights ever, and you cant go back with them.

The alternative ending also makes more sense because Celestia is not that heartless to do such a thing especially after they had such a long relationship. Basically the ending results in Celestia allowing the main character to come with Dashie with the condition of his life on Earth being completely erased. The main character agrees and he goes with Dashie to Equestria and is allowed to live with the ponies in harmony.

There are even sequels to the alternate endings of the main characters many years in Equestria and all of the good times spent.

There is also a very negative alternative ending that involves death and is not so good.

The alternative ending of My Little Dashie actually made me as happy similar to how I felt in the movie I am legend.

In the original ending Will Smith Dies and I was very saddened. But in the extras part of the movie disk, there is an alternate ending where he survives, and it made me very happy.

I just hope that StormXF3 can animate the alternate ending of My Little Dashie,and that would make me and others much happier.

What do you guys think about the alternative ending?

Here is the positive alternative ending.

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/1687/a-happier-ending

Also here s the positive I am Legend ending I was talking about.

Edited by GXPBlast
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Also those who watched My Little Dashie the animated movie, do you think the good ending should be animated as well?

Edited by GXPBlast

Yea, I think he should, I mean if I was in the guys position and I raised a pony from the time she was a filly to marehood, then she just randomly got taken from me, I would be a completely broken, as you have said, I just could never imagine Celestia being so heartless, at the very least she could have thought up a way for the guy to come and see Dashie every now and then, and whats even sadder is that Celestia in the original ending probably even erased Dashes memory as well so SHE wouldn't end up broken as well, all in all the fact that in the alternative ending they could live "happily ever after" made me very happy. The writing style it self in the alternative was actually still very sad, but the ending was just much more real and down to earth IMO.

Edited by 0blivion
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I didn't like the fic in the first place. An alternate ending probably doesn't help it out.

Well the original ending was sad, so that's understandable, but the alternate ending is positive and not depressing.

Edited by GXPBlast

Well the ordinal ending was sad, so thats understandable, but the alternate ending is positive and not depressing.

No, as in I didn't like the writing of My Little Dashie. It's a cliche storm with mediocre at best execution. So unless the alternate ending takes a step or ten up in pacing, narrative style, etc, it's no different for me.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Yea, I think he should, I mean if I was in the guys position and I raised a pony from the time she was a filly to marehood, then she just randomly got taken from me, I would be a completely broken, as you have said, I just could never imagine Celestia being so heartless, at the very least she could have thought up a way for the guy to come and see Dashie every now and then, and whats even sadder is that Celestia in the original ending probably even erased Dashes memory as well so SHE wouldn't end up broken as well, all in all the fact that in the alternative ending they could live "happily ever after" made me very happy. The writing style it self in the alternative was actually still very sad, but the ending was just much more real and down to earth IMO.

I also tweeted Storm the alternative ending awhile asking him is he will animate it. Of course no response was given since he gets tons of tweets and mine probably got mixed in with the other, but I hope he sees it and decides to animate it.

Edited by GXPBlast
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Meh...I prefer the original ending. The alternate is good and all, but it's not as realistic as the rest of the story (not that it's that realistic to begin with).

I don't think the original ending is realistic to begin with. What Celestia did is totally out of character, she even erased Dashies memories. I mean at least she could allow Dashie to visit him once in awhile.  The idea of the story was to be very sad but what Celestia did on not realistic and personal level after all he and Dashie has been though was totally wrong and cold hearted.

Celestia also removed everything the the guys room that reminded him of Dashie besides the photo album.

There is another fan made story I believe where within a year the guys life goes down hill and commits suicide, eventually Dashie regains memories as the spell used to erase her memories was temporary out and goes nuts on the ponies in Equestria and becomes depressed herself. She cry's for many days on end and one day was screaming at Celestia asking why she could not have allowed her Dad to join them in Equestria or at least get to visit him. Celestia goes on a tangent explaining why that could not happen and Dashie refused to accept, in the end I think she got so depressed she refused to leave her home and starved herself to death hoping to see her Dad in heaven.

I forgot where I found that story but I thought it was a good sequel of to negative outcomes of what Celestia had done.

Edited by GXPBlast

I don't think the original ending is realistic to begin with. What Celestia did is totally out of character, she even erased Dashies memories. I mean at least she could allow Dashie to visit him once in awhile. The idea of the story was to be very sad but what Celestia did on not realistic and personal level after all he and Dashie has been though was totally wrong and cold hearted.

Celestia also removed everything the the guys room that reminded him of Dashie besides the photo album.

There is another fan made story I believe where within a year the guys life goes down hill and commits suicide, eventually Dashie regains memories as the spell used to erase her memories was temporary out and goes nuts on the ponies in Equestria and becomes depressed herself. She cry's for many days on end and one day was screaming at Celestia asking why she could not have allowed her Dad to join them in Equestria or at least get to visit him. Celestia goes on a tangent explaining why that could not happen and Dashie refused to accept, in the end I think she got so depressed she refused to leave her home and starved herself to death hoping to see her Dad in heaven.

I forgot where I found that story but I thought it was a good sequel of to negative outcomes of what Celestia had done.

That's a fucked up ending.

That's a fucked up ending.

Yep there are repercussions for poor decisions. The guy had nothing left, he got fired from his better job he got when Dashie was still around and his home was going into foreclosure. He lost everything and took his life. I think he either overdosed and shot himself. Twilight was the one who broke it to Dashie as her bond was so strong with the guy that no spell could erased her memory again, in fact it just made her bond stronger and depression worse. She lost all ambition to join the wonder bolts, ignored her friends, did not maintain the weather, and eventually stopped leaving her home and eventually starved herself to death.

Yep there are repercussions for poor decisions. The guy had nothing left, he got fired from his better job he got when Dashie was still around and his home was going into foreclosure. He lost everything and took his life. I think he either overdosed and shot himself. Twilight was the one who broke it to Dashie as her bond was so strong with the guy that no spell could erased her memory again, in fact it just made her bond stronger and depression worse. She lost all ambition to join the wonder bolts, ignored her friends, did not maintain the weather, and eventually stopped leaving her home and eventually starved herself to death.

I don't think I want to hear anymore of this. Btw wouldn't they both go to Hell for commiting suicide? I guess the writer didn't think about that huh?

(edited)

I don't think I want to hear anymore of this. Btw wouldn't they both go to Hell for commiting suicide? I guess the writer didn't think about that huh?

It just ended with Dashie saying something like I am coming Daddy while having flashbacks as her body quit on her from malnourishment and her eyes closed as she died and the story ended from there.

Edited by GXPBlast

Ugh...never liked this Fanfic.

A lone guy who keeps an alien pony all to himself because he definitely knows the goverment would cut it open since that's all they would do, right?

And not to forget Celestia's 'lovely' comment about the humans race.

Regardless what ending, the story still sucks for me.

I agree that the original ending was sad, and I admittedly cried (didn't we all)? Seriously, I've never cried that much since the ending of a certain video game I'm afraid to mention the name of (I'm not sure if saying it will be allowed, or seen as advertisement or something). But if it was given a happy ending, (also ending with the whole "My Little Dashie" line) I might have cried happy tears.

Ugh...never liked this Fanfic.

A lone guy who keeps an alien pony all to himself because he definitely knows the goverment would cut it open since that's all they would do, right?

And not to forget Celestia's 'lovely' comment about the humans race.

Regardless what ending, the story still sucks for me.

Meh, to each their own opinion.

One part of it sounded like Kyubey responding to Madoka's wish;

''all evidence of your time in this world will disappear – the friends you have made, your livelihood, your home, everything. There will be no return. It will be as if you never existed at all, no one will remember you. Are you willing to make that sacrifice?''

Was this a reference?

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

One part of it sounded like Kyubey responding to Madoka's wish;

Was this a reference?

I am not sure about that. I don't know who Kyubey is.

Edited by GXPBlast

I guess an alternate ending wouldn't hurt for a heartwarming fan fiction.

Yep, the fanfiction was heartwarming until the end which was heartbreaking. The alternate ending allows the heart to remain warm if you know what I mean instead of having Dashie just abruptly taken away like that.

Yep, the fanfiction was heartwarming until the end which was heartbreaking. The alternate ending allows the heart to remain warm if you know what I mean instead of having Dashie just abruptly taken away like that.

Then, I know it will do well. Stay true to the source material and you will do fine.