Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Episode with the dumbest complaints

Megas

And yes, I did make this in response to the "slavery" criticisms to Trade Ya, though it's not the only episode that had some stupid complaints.

Is there an episode where you feel got a lot of the hate over the most trivial bullshit? Whether it be from popular opinion, or seeing someone from a comment section just coming up with something so outlandish as to why they dislike one episode, that it just kinda makes you facepalm.

I once saw a person who hated May the Best Pet Win because it somehow promoted rape culture

Edited by Randy Marsh
  • Brohoof 1

"Magical Mystery Cure" definitely had some dumb complaints, chiefly the ascension of Twilight Sparkle into an alicorn princess, then bombast Hasbro for the choice, but selling toys is a part of what it does, and yes, the episode has some problems, but they are weighted by the good that is in the episode, I only wish some bronies would stop complaining, for that has been done to death, now it is coming off as whining, but for those who enjoyed this episode, you have my respect.   

• Brohoof 7

The "King Sombra didn't do anything" criticisms, when his episode(s) flat-out showed he DID.

It's not that he didn't do ANYTHING, it's that what he DID do was not important. The most important thing he did was give Shining Armor herpes on his horn. Everything else happened in the backstory rather than on-screen.

"Magical Mystery Cure" definitely had some dumb complaints, chiefly the ascension of Twilight Sparkle into an alicorn princess, then bombast Hasbro for the choice, but selling toys is a part of what it does, and yes, the episode has some problems, but they are weighted by the good that is in the episode, I only wish some bronies would stop complaining, for that has been done to death, now it is coming off as whining, but for those who enjoyed this episode, you have my respect.   

I don't mind Twilicorn, but the way it happened was a huge anticlimax. There was a ton of building up to this huge event that would change Equestria forever, and in the end it took up two or three minutes after a mostly unrelated adventure full of boring, forgettable, gimmicky songs.

I would have ended the episode after Twilight got blown up, then made her coronation into a follow-up episode in order to give it the attention it deserves.

• Brohoof 3

I once saw a person who hate May the Best Pet Win because it somehow promoted rape culture

... How?

People hated Art of The Dress because "MLP had to prove Rarity was generous and it was shoving her generousity into our faces"

wut

• Brohoof 8

@Manman20x6,

Well, his traps clearly took effect onscreen, and I'd say they were pretty significant, given he nearly won because of them.

@Randy Marsh,

"I once saw a person who hate May the Best Pet Win because it somehow promoted rape culture"

Edited by Anti-Villain
  • Brohoof 3

I've got several

The whole King Sombra didn't do anything in the Crystal Empire. He enslaved an entire empire. He's arguably done the worst of all the villains I don't think he needed to do anything else.

Feeling Pinkie Keen's science vs religion complaint. It wasn't even intended to go that way, people just misinterpreted it.

Power Ponies complaint of everything being cheesy and cliched. I think that was the point of trying to parody superhero cliches.

I saw some complaints on Maud Pie because apparently Maud was boring. To this I leave you with this clip

• Brohoof 13

• "Derpy stole Applejack's spotlight in The Last Roundup" 

No, she didn't. The whole plot was about AJ and her friends, Derpy had a small role just to fill the time. Bronies are just overreacting when it comes to things like background ponies (which is kinda funny, considering that we're talking about characters without real personality or backstory).

Edited by Anilewe
  • Brohoof 10

It's not an episode....but...

Everyone who hated EqG and hates the upcoming movies for no *good* reason other than "it not mlp lol."

I personally think they're 3-out-of-5-stars, but it's still funny to riff on them.

Edited by Anti-Villain

Most of S4's episodes, and at least half of S3's episodes. Fandoms, particularly ours, seem to treat complaining on the same level as breathing. Everyone needs to be an analyst and a critic, and remarkably few people can enjoy things at face value without nitpicking it apart.

• Brohoof 10

Most of S4's episodes, and at least half of S3's episodes. Fandoms, particularly ours, seem to treat complaining on the same level as breathing. Everyone needs to be an analyst and a critic, and remarkably few people can enjoy things at face value without nitpicking it apart.

I don't think most of us analysts (I guess I count as one,, I just don't do full blown reviews) aren't nitpicking persay, but finding ourselves frustrated with what we see as serious flaws (continuity errors and just plain dullness). I get that a lot if not most bronies just watch to have for entertainment, and don't really pay attention to holes in the writing,  but some of us can't find enjoyment in a story unless inconsistencies are non-existent.

I find it weird tho that you say most people seem to be critics in the fandom, oddly, I've found it to be the exact opposite for some reason.

Anyway, if I had to pick an episode, it'd be The Mysterious Mare Do Well. Everyone gets on the rest of the mane 6's case for how they decided to teach RD a lesson, accusing them of intentionally trying to crush her spirits, when they said themselves at the end that the whole point behind Mare Do Well was to teach RD that you can be heroic without being smug about it, as every time they did a good deed in the costumes they never once bragged about it. I just don't get why people thought they wanted to hurt her feelings, It's like they didn't pay attention to the episode.

• Brohoof 4

Okay I am going to get some flack for this but most episodes during seasons 3 and 4. They say the show is going downhill mostly due to say an ooc moment that to me is not that noticeable or just writing flaws I never find that noticeable and you'd need like extreme analytical skills to see. Don't think I'm saying you can't criticize the show you have every right to but please don't be elitist about it and say anyone who likes it are just mindlessly supporting anything Hasbro throws at them. 

• Brohoof 5

Every episode where a character does something bad and some people automatically label the pony as out-of-character and dismiss the episode as crap/bad writing.

For god's sake, not everyone's perfect–– if somepony does something that gets under your skin... maybe it was part of their character, y'know? A flawless character a good episode does not make.

• Brohoof 8

Rarity Takes Manehattan/Suited for Success forced Rarity's generosity.

This is usually coming from the same people who complain she isn't generous.

Also, when people say Rarity stole the Fire Ruby from Spike in "Secret of My Excess"

From M.A. Larson himself:

yojKKIk.png

Last, but not least, Rarity is a bad sister in Sisterhooves Social.

Almost all siblings argue, do they not? 

In any case, most criticisms against Rarity are downright goofy and feels like they're just looking for reasons to hate such a wonderful pony. More than silly, if you ask me.

Edited by ghostfacekiller39
  • Brohoof 11

Rarity Takes Manehattan/Suited for Success forced Rarity's generosity.

This is usually coming from the same people who complain she isn't generous.

Also, when people say Rarity stole the Fire Ruby from Spike in "Secret of My Excess"

From M.A. Larson himself:

yojKKIk.png

Last, but not least, Rarity is a bad sister in Sisterhooves Social.

Almost all siblings argue, do they not?

In any case, most criticisms against Rarity are downright goofy and feels like they're just looking for reasons to hate such a wonderful pony. More than silly, if you ask me.

Well,she DOES ditch her friends to be a snob in Sweet and Elite.

She even intended to blow Twilights birthday dress and party to be said snob, but was surprised by her friends.

Sure. She did attempt to juggle her fiends and her social status at the end, but all the events leading up to that point suggested she wouldve statrs in Canterlot alot longer if her friends didn't intervene.

Well,she DOES ditch her friends to be a snob in Sweet and Elite.

She even intended to blow Twilights birthday dress and party to be said snob, but was surprised by her friends.

Sure. She did attempt to juggle her fiends and her social status at the end, but all the events leading up to that point suggested she wouldve statrs in Canterlot alot longer if her friends didn't intervene.

What matters is that her friends DID intervene, and in the end, she realized her mistakes and did what was right.

Holding grudges like that for mistakes like that (because *everyone* makes mistakes) is still a silly criticism. She learned her lesson, so why hate? 

Furthermore, all the good she's done for her friends does sort of make up for letting her personal aspirations get the better of her, in my opinion.

Edited by ghostfacekiller39
  • Brohoof 7

Personally I thought that ''Fili Vanilli'' had the most dumbest and most stupid complaints I've ever heard. I've seen alot of people over at deviantART who kept on saying that Pinkie Pie should go to hell because she made Fluttershy cry.

• Brohoof 3