Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Matt20

I wish they would give Luna more screen time. She is my favorite princess, and she deserves it after being banished for so long.
(I wonder if the Equestrian equivalent of a time out is banishment to the moon...)

• Brohoof 1

I would love to see another Nightmare Moon episode. I re watched episode 1 of season 3 and Luna seemed angry with Celestia that she chose twilight over her for the task of saving the crystal empire. I feel like even though Luna isn't corrupted anymore, the resentment is still partly there.

No offense, but I'm pretty sure the opening of the very first episode confirmed that Luna became Nightmare Moon because she felt unappreciated.  Just saying, I don't think this is something that really can be speculated on; it's one of the more definitively canon things out there, confirmed even more in this season's opener.

Oh, also, Luna is Best Princess.  :comeatus:

PRINCESS%20LUNA%20BEST%20PRINCESS!!!!!__

Edited by Batbrony
  • Brohoof 1

I wish they would give Luna more screen time. She is my favorite princess, and she deserves it after being banished for so long.

(I wonder if the Equestrian equivalent of a time out is banishment to the moon...)

Do you mean the banishing by Princess Celestia, or Hasbro?

354206_safe_princess_luna_animated_swag_

She was, she was upset and then her sadness turned to bitterness. It's the classic in the siblings shadow syndrome. 

Equestria's Halloween was a holiday derived from her transformation into Nightmare Moon:

Nightmare Night

Despite most ponies not recognizing Nightmare Moon upon her return, the episode Luna Eclipsed shows the ponies celebrating an annual festival called Nightmare Night, where foals go door-to-door in costumes collecting candy, which they later offer to the effigy of Nightmare Moon. Zecora tells in verse of the legend of Nightmare Moon, which explains the customs of the holiday:

Every year we put on a disguise To save ourselves from her searching eyes But Nightmare Moon just wants only one thing To gobble up ponies in one quick swing Hungrily, she soars the skies If she sees nopony, she passes by So if she comes and all is clear Equestria is safe for another year Fill up her belly with a treat or two So she won't return to come eat you

I believe either that holiday or one of them depicting Nightmare Moon is converted to a remembrance of when Celestia got her sister back and Equestria got their princess back. So she is no longer resentful of her sister and is obviously really upset that she let such darkness consume her.