Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Equestria Academy series supposedly on the way

Zekromic

• 3 weeks later...

I'm still very excited about this!

Anymore it seems like I'm the only one who enjoys the human forms of our beloved Mane 6. ^^;

• Brohoof 1

My Little Humans: High School is Magic... ....the Humane Six....*shudders*

100.gif

In all seriousness, I think EG would have worked better as an anime.  But if they want to put FIM on the back burner and go pedal to the metal with with this EG stuff, then fine.  Whatever.  Just give us a proper pony movie first, and then I don't care what they do.

The'll really need to find away to make it fresh if they want a long standing series. You can only bank of the "look, its the ponies BUT IN HUMAN FORM!" idea for so long until people stop caring. They will really need to pull a miracle outa their ass, and made a cartoon show about girls in a highschool interesting enough to keep the large audience base FiM has. The first movie ran into cliche after cliche, and for most only the fan service kept people interested. They are really going to have to pull out all the stops to make the cliche highschool setting, with teenage girls have an audience level even near were they want.

They're still going to continue FIM, this is a side series. I'll totally watch it, (I loved Equestria Girls, looking forward to Rainbow Rocks) but at the same time you can't have an Ursa Major/Minor running into the school and eating everyponybody's heads off, its not going to happen. The series is to simply show you a look inside what the Mane 6 would be if they were humans. It may gain a few fans for the brony community, for heavens sake. Just wait till the series comes out and THEN judge it.

They're still going to continue FIM, this is a side series. I'll totally watch it, (I loved Equestria Girls, looking forward to Rainbow Rocks) but at the same time you can't have an Ursa Major/Minor running into the school and eating everyponybody's heads off, its not going to happen. The series is to simply show you a look inside what the Mane 6 would be if they were humans. It may gain a few fans for the brony community, for heavens sake. Just wait till the series comes out and THEN judge it.

A large portion of the fans of FiM watch the show for the Ursa Minor running around the village, and the magical flying ponies. Atleast half, if not more enjoy the show for its characters and how they react to the fantasy setting. The whole idea of girls in a highschool with semi magical powers has been done to death to the point that if they want to make this a long running series, and actually have it make money outside their doll sales, they need to really pull out the stops. There are already shows in existance that are a group of girls with semi magical powers in highschool occasionally saving the world, and with a Sailor Moon reboot on the horizion, they really need to drop the 80s cliches the movie was built on, and give it their all.

All in all, unless the do something amazing, this show banks on the fact that it has familiar characters. Once the novelty of seeing the mane 6 as humans in a pretty lame earth knock off ends, the show is going to be dead in the water unless they gain some creative genious.

If done correctly, this show might be actually enjoyable. Let's just hope it's not high school drama and nothing else. Hopefully, there will be some magic stuff here and there. :huh:

• Brohoof 1

I'm actually a fan of Equestria Girls, and I'm excited to see that there's going to be a side series about this. I don't mind the potential "LIEK OH MAH GAWD HAIGH SKEWL" drama that everyone seems to be fearing about. I can tolerate it, but to an extent. haha. 

• Brohoof 2

The school is called Canterlot High, get your names right.

So I'm not upset by this. Even though it wasn't the best, I DID like the original Equestria Girls film, and am actually kinda looking forward to this. 

Even if the show isn't good (which I think it will be), there's still the possibility that it could be......so bad it's funny. There were a few moments like that in EqG, usually with Sunset Shimmer, where someone would say or do something so over-the-top or ridiculous that I burst out laughing.

...So...Are there any updates on this thing or are they just gonna leave us in the dark?

Who knows, they should be teasing us some stuff at the SDCC or something

I don't understand why hasbro would want to make a series based on the Equestria Girls, because unless they introduced a whole new cast of characters, they would have a spin off of a show where the only thing that really changed was the species of the characters and the setting. They would be writing the exact same characters in slice of life situations they could easily do in the regular show. There is so much more they can do in MLP versus a show in the EQG world. The only thing Equestrian Academy would have to offer for something different is school settings, which MLP can and already has parodied. ( Grand Galloping Gala/other parties as the big dance at school, Twilight's work as Princess/ Rainbow's Wonderbolt Academy as schoolwork, etc)

Not to mention I really dislike the style of the humanized ponies. It's really wonky and weird looking to me  :okiedokielokie:

I wouldn't mind seeing this as long as it doesn't interfere with the production of FiM, which it shouldn't if I'm reading the article correctly since a different company is licensed to make it... But wouldn't that mean they'd have to use Twilight's human counterpart instead of her herself, since she obviously would be in the Equestrian dimension?

Meaning, either they'd have to break canon and make pony Twilight leave Equestria for good, or they'd have to bring in the human counterpart that has no clue about anything that's gone on so far and would be incredibly awkward.

Or they could suddenly have the human counterpart know what's going on via magic in the pony world or something. Or perhaps it wouldn't follow the Mane 6, and instead follow the human counterparts of some background ponies or ponies that appeared in only one episode, e. g. Trixie, Lyra, Derpy...

I'm not quite sure how to feel about this.

It could be good, but I doubt it'll come any way near FiM quality...

I also hope they won't pull any weird cross-series stuff (unless it's hard to find and more of an Easter egg... Wait, that's actually a cool idea !)

Wait, it's premiering at KidExpo ?

That's like right next to where I live !

Allons y !!!