Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Cartoon Logic

Fluttershutter

So I was thinking about the Cutie Mark Crucaders. I was thinking we first saw them four years ago and all the other ponies in their class already had their cutie marks. If they were say eight then they'd be twelve now and they really are way behind their peers.

Then I thought what if the writers are using cartoon logic like they use in the Simpsons? Where time passes and things change but nopony ages. How does that effect our attempts to figure out pony aging?  :blink:

stock-photo-impregnable-mathematics-craz

Personally, I don't think time has passed in Equestria in the same way it's passed here. The opening episode of Season 4 seemed to indicate that only one year had passed since the first episode of the show—it seemed that the Summer Sun Celebration in S4E1 was the first one since that in S1E1.

That is one nice diagram you have there. Anyway, I think that time passes by very fast in the show where a year could have passed by and on other occasions, the timeline of the series could have more than one year gone by.

Edited by Scootalove

Personally, I don't think time has passed in Equestria in the same way it's passed here. The opening episode of Season 4 seemed to indicate that only one year had passed since the first episode of the show—it seemed that the Summer Sun Celebration in S4E1 was the first one since that in S1E1.

I think more than one year has to have passed, because we've had a Winter Wrap Up in Season One and then a Hearth's Warming Eve in Season 2, so unless the episodes aren't aired in chronological order those events need more than one year to have elapsed to be possible on a straight timeline of the series.

More simply, the CMC are just really really late bloomers. And kind of dumb. But we love them anyways.

I think more than one year has to have passed, because we've had a Winter Wrap Up in Season One and then a Hearth's Warming Eve in Season 2, so unless the episodes aren't aired in chronological order those events need more than one year to have elapsed to be possible on a straight timeline of the series.

More simply, the CMC are just really really late bloomers. And kind of dumb. But we love them anyways.

True dat, true dat. Still, I don't think a whole four years have passed in Equestria.

Side question: How much formulas and symbols can you recognize in the picture attached by @@Fluttershutter? ;) It was probably supposed to symbolize some impossible scientific problem, but I actually understand most of the formulas there. (Hint: it's mostly electromagnetism.)

If you want to answer, please make sure to not disturb the main thread too much, I don't want anyone to get pissed off by the off-topic ;) You can send me a PM as well.

• Brohoof 1

Maybe they all have the pony-version of whatever disease it is that stunts your growth and development, and they're going to be kids forever. Progeria? Wait, no, that's the one that makes kids age prematurely. Ah, hell, I don't know, I'm not a doctor of any sort, but you know what I mean.

I think each season is supposed to be a year.

I still say a "moon" in the context of "we have a family reunion every hundred moons." is a week(one quarter of a lunar cycle) so that episode is almost two years after the first episode.

It was probably supposed to symbolize some impossible scientific problem, but I actually understand most of the formulas there. (Hint: it's mostly electromagnetism.)

I googled "crazy equation" and that was the one I liked best. No idea what it means.