Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What you'd do if mankind discover a planet with sapient beings less advanced?

InvaderShy

Humankind meets less advanced species  

27 users have voted

1. 1. What option would you stick for our relations with these sapient beings less advanced than us?

• Colonize them and make of them our slave species.
    • Help them to advance and progress.
    • Having economic and neutral relations would be enough.
    • Study them for our learning.
    • They're less advanced than us. It's better to ignore them.
    • None of above.

I’d probably make introductions and little else unless requested by the other species. Most beings and cultures develop at their own rate and interference can be an overload. If they were already at the level of our 15th or 17th century they’d be advanced enough to know where they want to be culturally and what they want to accomplish. It’s not always a bad thing to trade knowledge responsibly because bringing civilization to more primitive cultures can have a lot of benefits too. It’s just a matter of how well it’s handled and just how disposed they are to being responsible themselves. That’s why I’d make my presence as an advanced lifeform known to them and let them take the next step if they want something from me. Only they know what they need and want, and I would know from my own history how likely they would be to use or abuse what they’re given. But I would study them because that’s just the intelligent thing to do and it would be a waste to ignore such an opportunity.