Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What you think the future will be with advanced AI?

Rethajni

What you think future with AI will be?   

18 users have voted

1. 1. How you see the future with AI?

• Humanity will be 100% dependant of AI for every single aspect of our lives making us lazy, lonely and depressed
    • Humanity will be growing as a specie with the help of AI, making ourselves better in every aspect
    • AI will rule us and we will have little to no control of it

A mixture of both laziness and improvement to counter such laziness may ensue c: 

Humanity is an organic entity all on itself. A complex mystery. Some of us shall fall into the pit of comfort and luxury while others will see the detriment and dedicate ourselves to countering it. It won't come without some sacrifices -- but dangit -- you can't get me off of my phone D: no one shall!! D: D: D:

• Brohoof 1

Depends on the choice AI eventually makes when it becomes self aware, how it will feel about humanity etc.

I did see an AI predict humanity will eventually merge with it permanently by I'm guessing the year 5-6,000 AD

• Brohoof 1

I believe AI will not dominate humanity, but will eventually settle in a position where it will be integrated to assist and nothing more.

From what I'm aware of, AI can only learn what it's told to learn and improve from using patterns for efficiency's sake. If you tell it to become self aware, it will do that. If you don't tell it to become self aware, then it won't do that. It will sometimes give an illusion that it's self aware, but it is always coincidental for various reasons based on what it's being told to learn and output. It just finds patterns and stitches stuff together on what it believes to be what the human wants as a result. If it's incorrect, it doesn't complain or talk back, and I doubt it will unless a human codes something in to make it talk back. It just re-does the output until the human is satisfied.

Human ethics are a larger issue, not the AI itself. Bad and dishonest people will always be bad and dishonest regardless if they are tracing, stealing, using AI or whatever else and passing it off as their own or having a lot of pride in something they didn't make (not just the art but the AI itself they may have not even made but they claim they made). I'm also worried about people who disguise both "AI good/bad" as something the people want, when all they've done is manipulate and weaponize people's fears to get a result that only benefits them and nobody else, which is to keep things the way they were for maximum profit.

So far, lots of people are using AI for fun or using it for inspiration for creative projects. Right now, the direct results from AI are very much mixed, some are impressive but it takes lots of hours of training to get to a passable result. It will take more time and experimentation of what works and doesn't work.

Unfortunately, I do expect some elitism from both AI users and non-AI users. Though, that happens everywhere anyways without AI involvement because people feel the need to be better than others.

• Brohoof 1

Let me give you a primer of what is going to happen here. Humanity is going to create a super AI called MOM, and then build a net of nukes all around the planet, and give the control to MOM. And because MOM loves us and always knows best, it is going to give us objectives with the purpose of creating a better world for everyone. Except that if we fail to complete said tasks, we all die.

Or absolutely a damn things is gonna happen. One of the two.

• Brohoof 1

58 minutes ago, They call me Loyalty said:

Let me give you a primer of what is going to happen here. Humanity is going to create a super AI called MOM, and then build a net of nukes all around the planet, and give the control to MOM. And because MOM loves us and always knows best, it is going to give us objectives with the purpose of creating a better world for everyone. Except that if we fail to complete said tasks, we all die.

Or absolutely a damn things is gonna happen. One of the two.

Free download EyePhone Gray by Jon Boys on [1024x768] for your Desktop,  Mobile & Tablet | Explore 49+ Futurama Phone Wallpaper | Futurama  Backgrounds, Futurama Wallpapers, Futurama Wallpaper

• 3 weeks later...

I believe eventually we will be reliant on it. Goverments already have trouble maintaining resources and order, now what if we add space travel for example? The logistics of moving things/people that much would weigh down human resources. I don't believe it'll "own" us, but I do believe it will serve higher purposes. 

I think its a little funny seeing online posts like "AI is going to steal my job!" And I'm like please do I don't mind 😅

• 2 months later...

We are already dependent on phones, computers, and other stuff. Lots of ppl have there eyes glued to some sort of screen. So I think humanity is going to be way too dependent on ai. We are already seeing it in its early stages 

Edited by GodlyWolf82