Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you think our future will be like?

Codelyy

I think the future is dark for America the way it's heading right now. Perhaps advancements will be made in America in the future, but advancements can't save us from ourselves. As for the rest of the world, I'm not entirely sure what the future will be for them. Also, regarding my personal future, I see nothing but pain for me.

Artificial intelligence is our future. Everything will be dictated by it, from Google search to work related stuff. We simply ask a computer to drive for us, to do the work for us, to do the social media posts for us, to shower for us, to love us.

Other than that, things will be battery powered by, you guessed it, batteries. It is what people speculate and invested in for the last 10 years, so it is going to be our future.

• 2 weeks later...

In a word: Bleak. The version of the future we used to see envisioned back in the 50s and 60s is not going to materialize. Technology, rather than streamlining and making life better, has bogged it down and made it worse. This is because it’s a lazy world and no one wants a future that expects anything of us today. New innovations are few and what we do have is just the same old tech rearranged and re-sold because it makes fast and easy profits. Visions of the future are often squashed by those who only know how to mimic the lowest common denominator rather than thinking outside the box and taking the next step forward. People have lost the ability to interact beyond texting, and common sense is becoming less common. Things have been on a decline and when things go too far in a bad direction they don’t tend to make an abrupt 180 and fix themselves. Parents don’t raise their own kids and we have generations being raised by indifferent babysitters and socially impaired teachers. The blind lead the blind, and without morality and civilization to give humanity as a solid framework, the world isn’t going to go ‘where no man has gone before.’ Instead it’ll turn into a place no man wants to go.

• Brohoof 1

Oh, I said it above but I am just coming here from watching another Neural Network video. Our future will be all about AI. Around 2030 we will all be using AI in some way, just like we started using social media one and a half decade ago.

The problem with AI is of course how to treat that AI. Like a living being? Or like a tool? Don't answer because this is not a thread about AI :wacko:

• Brohoof 1