Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you think our future will be like?

Codelyy

I think one of the coolest things everyone wants to know is what will the future hold for us. Will it be good or bad?

The fact that is you think about it, The future is today. think about how cave men lived in caves scared of the sun and now we have computers and buildings, We got to the moon and soon... Mars

We have came a long way but there still hundreds of things we still need to learn and thats when you come in

What do you think the future will be like? Would you want to live in the future and do you think the future will be good or bad?

What i think the future will be like:

1)The world will be full of solar panels and wind turbines and all the other stuff to save energy

2) The world will be full of robots that can think for themselves but have to follow the rules of robot ethics

3) We would of explored every planet in are solar system and got to other solar systems in a blink of an eye

4) We will have found aliens and made allies with them or made Enemies with them

5) Baby's will be test tube baby's and you can choose what you want there DNA to be like

6) Cancer and other Horrible things will be gone and medicine will be so powerful that it can get rid of the common cold in seconds

7) Weapons will be too powerful 

8) Countrys will have joined together so they will have to learn to live with each other

There a lot more but i forgot them :P

Edited by Codelyoko373

(edited)

I think the future will hold opportunities for change in the world, maybe the future could be the thing that we always wanted we may not know for sure yet.

I do think the future will change a lot and we will find cures for stuff like cancer probably but it will have it down sides like i said, Probably there will be Test tube baby's and robots will be doing everything you want so you wont even need to get up and go to the shop or something

Edited by Codelyoko373
  • Brohoof 1

I do think the future will change a lot and we will find cures for stuff like cancer probably but it will have it down sides like i said, Probably there will be Test tube baby's and robots will be doing everything you want so you wont even need to get up and go to the shop or something

The future can provide a lot of new technology advancements and those things you just said, a down side for everything I guess.

• Brohoof 1

I will be dead, would not want to live that long. I think that humanity will either be extinct or we will have built a prototype of the USS enterprise from star trek.

USS_Enterprise_(alternate_reality),_prof

Still I wouldn't want to see it myself, I also wouldn't want to be able too choose how my son or daughter would be like. Anyway, if the USS enterprise will not be created within thousand years then give it another thousand years.

I don't know. Maybe we will be in a world with flying cars, or maybe we will just be doing what we do now, or maybe we will have made some advancement... Just depends how far into the future you mean?

Hopefully better than it is today. On a side note, one thing I see happening in America is it turning into the movie Idiocracy if we dont stand up for ourselves.

I think it will be better then today :)

I honestly think it's impossible to accurately depict what the future will be like, I think that things aren't set on a straight line, there's a ton that could happen. Who knows, maybe there will be a nuclear holocaust and it will be every man for himself? Maybe we will expand to other planets, or maybe we will run out of natural resources.

• Brohoof 3

I think software is going to play a big part in the future as every day machines continually get "smarter." This is partially why I'm persuing software engineering besides my own passion for it. Heck, just yesterday I found out that someone is pushing out a smart slow cooker that transfers data remotely to an app. If that's not a sign of what the future holds, I don't know what is.

Edited by Celtore

"What?! Grandpa that's silly! You had to use your thumbs?!"

"Yeah. We had to actually find the remote too! And cook!"

"Why would you do tht?"

"Because we didn't have your flying scooters, robots, and mind control things! Ah back in my day...Those were the days!"

Everything we have will be old, mind controlled things, phones in our heads or eyes, flying scooters and stuff for kids. Robots to be our assistants.

Truthfully, I have no idea. It's hard to tell what it'll be like 50 years from now.

I like to live in the present, not the future.

Unless i'm waiting for the Avengers 2.

Then I can make an exception.

• Brohoof 1

Honestly, there's no way to really now; all bets are off. The only way to make even a reasonably educated guess is to be nothing short of omniscient like the NSA. Do you know who used to be naive enough to think that the future is all about technological progress? I am and what a horrible disillusionment that was. That went under the assumption that we know how to make the best use of existing technology. ****ing horse**** I tell you. Because you see, had humanity really been pushing the petal to the metal when it comes to the application of technology for the betterment of the human race, the world would've been a much better place than today before most of us -- me included -- were even born.

While science and technology have been progressing exponentially -- that is to say that progress doubles at a specific interval of time -- societal design has been woefully behind. We're not truly out of the Dark Ages yet. How come? First, the Dark Ages we know of is known for stifling progress through the forced perpetuation of the theocracy; a system of authoritarian governance essentially. Today is a different kind of Dark Ages which is through the forced perpetuation of business as usual; a system of doing economics.

It's critical that we rethink our goals and redefine success. What's encouraging is that there's a growing number of people who

. (The one in the video doesn't put it as bluntly as me though) That'd be just the beginning. There's just no telling when or if people will one day snap out of it or how quickly that'll happen given it does at all. This is a matter of the collective spirit of our "civilization"; the changes of which are incredibly difficult to predict. 

Make no mistake. It is the application of technology which will make or break the future for us. Literally. How technologies get applied or not will hinge on whatever our goals are and what problems we as a society will move to solve. Should we continue on this path, we will continue to see more fossil fuel plants, more pollution, more wealth inequality, more violence and more surveillance and militarization to attempt to keep that violence in check. That is not a future I want to live in, let alone one I want to pass on to my children.

But there's no telling if the collective spirit will continue the current road to insanity and **** all over the place or get its **** together and finally ensure that we have a future on this planet.

Big 'ol mushroom cloud, most likely. Once we're outta the way, nature takes it's course and moves on like nothing ever happened. As old as the earth is compared to how old out species is, we barely register as a blip on the radar, haha.

The future could be like

future-city-3d-animation-hd.jpg

(Credit: shown)

But instead it will be like

Barren_Wasteland_by_monkeboy2042.jpg

(Credit: monkeboy2042, deviantART)

because political conflict stands in the way of scientific progress, cutting off our space colonization which will eventually be humanity's lifeblood.

• Brohoof 1

• 6 years later...

The future will either be a brilliant place with bright lights, solidarity, automation and equality or a dystopia on the verge of death and general worldwide extinction, I think~

It all depends on what path we take the next 20 years or so.

Edited by Pastel Heart
  • Brohoof 1

If the past is any indication, garbage.  I'm sure we'll continue squabbling over irrelevant, insignificant crap, like who said what racist thing on Twitter, while completely ignoring catastrophic, civilization-ending threats that our planet faces.