Ways to beat Tirek

SasQ

You bring up an interesting point. Would the Crystal Heart have been able to repel/defeat him as it did Sombra? Couldn't they have evacuated ponies to the crystal empire for protection?

Sounds legit.

I suppose they just couldn't go fetch it cause of the timing or something.

Ways to beat tirek?

Depleted uranium antitank shells!

B)

A portal to some black hole somewhere?

Shoot him into space (huge magic laser from below)

Any number of ways, all are highly effective!

(edited)

*coughs slightly* Warning graphic nature ahead.

Why not chop off his horns, burn him alive, Use an anti magic talisman on him, Destroy his heart with the blackest of magic, Send Pikamena after his telling her his number, Use a runic sword doused in hellfire, Mjolnir, Or rather any weapon. Stab him, he dies, burn him, he dies slowly, obliterate him, no more Tirek. Sever his head with a executioner's axe. Pear f Anguish locked away being drained by anti magic runes. There are many ways to kill but the ponies are children show. But we humans are true monsters when it comes to being creative. Oh and electrocution and also acid bath.

The wasteland makes monsters of us all. But hey I listed different things

SasQ

Edited by dragon4111

Bias opinions aside, if I was still conflicted on whether I should give up my nature or not then yes I could see myself trusting a fellow villain. The way the Mane 6 treated him, you could hardly say he trusted them, for all he knew, what if the only reason he was reformed was to catch Tirek and the second he did ''bam'' they would no longer need him.  I can easily see how Discord might believe Tirek considering the Mane 6 (other than Fluttershy) really hasn't given him a reason to believe they truly value his friendship, thus Tirek stating that its just a new form of imprisonment makes sense. Even if Fluttershy was sincere, Twilight and the others acted as if they weren't and Discord could easily see that, even if he played it off.

The problem is that Discord believed Tirek in the first place. That'd be like me finding Sombra returned from the dead and believing he'd help me out

Tirek is very vulnerable when he opens his mouth to absorb magic. Anyone could throw something into his mouth like extreme hot sauce or a bomb.

(edited)

The problem is that Discord believed Tirek in the first place. That'd be like me finding Sombra returned from the dead and believing he'd help me out

Discord has become more trusting since ''Keep Calm and Flutter On'' had that been the Discord from ''Return of Harmony'' Tirek would have never gotten strong enough to stop Discord. Not only that but Discord is still new the the friendship business, to him, he believes that if he has to stop spreading chaos then the Mane 6 (not just Fluttershy) has to be his friend, so when a offer of companionship arose that would still allow him to be himself then of course he isn't going to pass it up, even if it is from a convicted villain. You seem to forget that Tirek once had loyalty to his brother before he was betrayed by him, so it isn't so far fetched to believe that as long as you don't betray Tirek, you and him will be in good terms. Also Discord is arrogant and has a large ego, it is possible he believed Tirek would never grow strong enough to stop him, To Discord, it wasn't the fact he was betrayed alone, he could have honestly believed his powers was unattainable.

Edited by LordDiscord

Discord has become more trusting since ''Keep Calm and Flutter On'' had that been the Discord from ''Return of Harmony'' Tirek would have never gotten strong enough to stop Discord. Not only that but Discord is still new the the friendship business, to him, he believes that if he has to stop spreading chaos then the Mane 6 (not just Fluttershy) has to be his friend, so when a offer of companionship arose that would still allow him to be himself then of course he isn't going to pass it up, even if it is from a convicted villain. You seem to forget that Tirek once had loyalty to his brother before he was betrayed by him, so it isn't so far fetched to believe that as long as you don't betray Tirek, you and him will be in good terms. Also Discord is arrogant and has a large ego, it is possible he believed Tirek would never grow strong enough to stop him, Discord wasn't the fact he was betrayed alone, he could have honestly believed his powers was unattainable.

Maybe so, but it would have been a lot smarter to just imprison Tirek to gain the trust of the Mane 6, and then take over Equestria solo without chance of backstabbing

And letting someone who can eat magic next to you is a horrible idea

Maybe so, but it would have been a lot smarter to just imprison Tirek to gain the trust of the Mane 6, and then take over Equestria solo without chance of backstabbing

And letting someone who can eat magic next to you is a horrible idea

Even though Discord betrayed the Mane 6, he still wanted companionship, the want for friendship was planted in him by Fluttershy, whether its Fluttershy herself or Tirek, he still wanted someone to call a ''friend''.  And as I stated before, Discord could have believed his magic was unattainable, I mean he can alter reality to his liking, you would think that such power would be hard to absorb, or would atleast take allot more than what Tirek had drained up to that point to actually do anything to Discord.

Even though Discord betrayed the Mane 6, he still wanted companionship, the want for friendship was planted in him by Fluttershy, whether its Fluttershy herself or Tirek, he still wanted someone to call a ''friend''.  And as I stated before, Discord could have believed his magic was unattainable, I mean he can alter reality to his liking, you would think that such power would be hard to absorb, or would atleast take allot more than what Tirek had drained up to that point to actually do anything to Discord.

The point is, Discord is too egotistical and as such, acts stupid at points

Which would screw him against military forces. They could hand him a D.S. or something and say he can't beat it and Discord would accept to protect his precious pride. Roll in the anthrax and bam, dead Discord

The point is, Discord is too egotistical and as such, acts stupid at points

Which would screw him against military forces. They could hand him a D.S. or something and say he can't beat it and Discord would accept to protect his precious pride. Roll in the anthrax and bam, dead Discord

Difference being that Discords life would be on the line, even when the threat of him being turned back to stone was still lingering over him, he atleast knew he would not die from that ordeal. Also, what human militant is going to think to distract Discord with some petty challenge, in warfare, you don't converse with the enemy, there for they would continue to try many different weapons praying one would hit him. 

Difference being that Discords life would be on the line, even when the threat of him being turned back to stone was still lingering over him, he atleast knew he would not die from that ordeal. Also, what human militant is going to think to distract Discord with some petty challenge, in warfare, you don't converse with the enemy, there for they would continue to try many different weapons praying one would hit him. 

Bio-weapons present something he has never seen before. He's not going to instantly recognize the threat. He'll probably laugh as a bit of gas puffs up, thinking it won't do anything...then will keel over. 

He never takes anything seriously

Bio-weapons present something he has never seen before. He's not going to instantly recognize the threat. He'll probably laugh as a bit of gas puffs up, thinking it won't do anything...then will keel over. 

He wouldn't have to, he would already know at that point, that anything they send at him would be something trying to kill him, there for he isn't going to trust it. Also, you seem to think that Discord would only get rid of these weapons one at a time, when in reality, they could find their entire supply turned into Debby cakes.

He's chaotic not dumb. He is naive after being reformed a bit but not stupid or non cunning.
  • Brohoof 1

He wouldn't have to, he would already know at that point, that anything they send at him would be something trying to kill him, there for he isn't going to trust it. Also, you seem to think that Discord would only get rid of these weapons one at a time, when in reality, they could find their entire supply turned into Debby cakes.

That wouldn't be fun for him, Discord likes to play around, almost giving his opponents a sporting chance for lolz

He's chaotic not dumb. He is naive after being reformed a bit but not stupid or non cunning.

He fell for Tirek's trick like a kindergartener after candy

That wouldn't be fun for him, Discord likes to play around, almost giving his opponents a sporting chance for lolz

Tbh i didn't expect this alliance to last long but i expected it to break for different reasons.

Again this was him being naive... Not stupid.

• Brohoof 1

Tbh i didn't expect this alliance to last long but i expected it to break for different reasons.

Again this was him being naive... Not stupid.

Same results. You could hand him a poison vial and tell him it's a potion to make him a god and a sign of humanity's submission and he'd fall for it

Same results. You could hand him a poison vial and tell him it's a potion to make him a god and a sign of humanity's submission and he'd fall for it

No... Theres a difference between a potion... Tangible and testable thing and friendship and trust things intagible and immesurable.
  • Brohoof 1

No... Theres a difference between a potion... Tangible and testable thing and friendship and trust things intagible and immesurable.

It's still just a simple bait trick. It should have the same results as it. Hell, tell him the potion will...IDK, make everyone like him

Oh he would play around at first until he realized that they may pose a threat to him, then he would become serious. Unlike in ''Return of Harmony'' when he had discorded all of the Mane 6 and had believed they could do nothing to him, he would constantly be bombarded by people that are trying to harm him, there for he won't let his guard down for a second.

Wow, just wow. He was presented a better offer, regardless of who it is that was offering it. Discord once saw these ponies as mere toys for him to mess around with, he was once a legend who now, sits around having tea parties with creatures he once saw below him. Not only that but to stay in their good graces, he had to restrict his power from its full potential. Having this offer means he gets companionship and the ability to spread chaos, to Discord he would not care if Tirek has the magic because Tirek wouldn't be his victim, it would be the ponies that were left without the magic. 

• Brohoof 1

Oh he would play around at first until he realized that they may pose a threat to him, then he would become serious. Unlike in ''Return of Harmony'' when he had discorded all of the Mane 6 and had believed they could do nothing to him, he would constantly be bombarded by people that are trying to harm him, there for he won't let his guard down for a second.

Wow, just wow. He was presented a better offer, regardless of who it is that was offering it. Discord once saw these ponies as mere toys for him to mess around with, he was once a legend who now, sits around having tea parties with creatures he once saw below him. Not only that but to stay in their good graces, he had to restrict his power from its full potential. Having this offer means he gets companionship and the ability to spread chaos, to Discord he would not care if Tirek has the magic because Tirek wouldn't be his victim, it would be the ponies that were left without the magic. 

And what did he expect Tirek to do? Just sit there while Discord posed a threat? If I were in Discord's position, I would have said "thanks for the idea", lock Tirek's ass in Tartarus so I have no rivals, and then take over Equestria by myself. If I wanted friends, then I'd just brainwash some ponies

And what did he expect Tirek to do? Just sit there while Discord posed a threat? If I were in Discord's position, I would have said "thanks for the idea", lock Tirek's ass in Tartarus so I have no rivals, and then take over Equestria by myself. If I wanted friends, then I'd just brainwash some ponies

Unlike Tirek, Discord has no use for slaves, he just likes spreading chaos. He most likely expected, that once Tirek had drained the ponies of all of their magic, that he would just rule over them. Discord turning their world upside down does not mean he poses a threat to Tireks thrown, if anything it could have been something Tirek used to force full compliance from the ponies and ensure non of them would appose him. 

• Brohoof 1

Unlike Tirek, Discord has no use for slaves, he just likes spreading chaos. He most likely expected, that once Tirek had drained the ponies of all of their magic, that he would just rule over them. Discord turning their world upside down does not mean he poses a threat to Tireks thrown, if anything it could have been something Tirek used to force full compliance from the ponies and ensure non of them would appose him. 

Discord is one of the biggest magic sources in Equestria, he decides to help someone who eats magic, logic

(edited)

Discord is one of the biggest magic sources in Equestria, he decides to help someone who eats magic, logic

Difference here being that the people who's magic he is draining, is opposing him, were as this magic source is providing him with all the power. Also, it was clear that the only magic Tirek cared about obtaining was alicorn magic, he just needed to become strong enough to drain it, and Discord provided him a quicker means of becoming strong enough, than to continue to drain the weaker ponies. If you really want to talk about logic then why would they take the most powerful magic known in Equestria, heck possibly their entire planet and try to attack a villain that can drain magic and grow stronger doing so. Also this discussion is about Discord being able to defeat human weaponry, not about a magic draining tyrant.  

Edited by LordDiscord

It's still just a simple bait trick. It should have the same results as it. Hell, tell him the potion will...IDK, make everyone like him

Friendship is something Discord's virtual omnipotency cannot offer. Tirek offered him something he couldn't achieve on his own convincing him that the ponies could not offer that. He offered him that with no restrictions. It was too tempting for Discord not to grab that chance. Maybe there was danger in it but at that time he didn't see it. Doesn't mean he is stupid though... It just means that his character has flaws just like any other. It means he is a victim of his own passion.