Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ways to beat Tirek

SasQ

(edited)

As you've all seen, Tirek was perhaps the first villain upon which any magical attacks were ineffective, because he could just absorb them to grow in power, and then use them against the attacker. So using Magic against him was not much smart idea. (Twilight & Shining Armor, ur not using ur brainz! :P)

But this made me wonder: How a villain like this could be beaten, if one didn't have any Harmony Boxes kickin' around?

Here's an idea I've got: MAGICAL POISONING :)

If he likes sucking in other ponies' Magic so much, maybe there's a way to poison that Magic somehow, so that it would damage him from the inside and weaken him?

I thought about sending him some Dark Magic. But then I realized that it could be dangerous if this Magic wouldn't do him any harm, and if he could be able to use it against the attacker too. Also, he sucked in Discord's Chaos Magic, and if he hasn't got any indigestion from that, then I have no idea what else could make him sick :P Maybe do you have any ideas of how such "magical poisoning" could be done?

Or maybe do you have some other ideas / strategies for fighting Tirek without reverting to any deus ex machina solutions like the Harmony Box?

Edited by SasQ
  • Brohoof 2

@@SasQ,

Don't know how magical poisoning would work out. What is magic poison? There has to be some arcane mechanism he uses to absorb the power and there needs to be some kind of metaphorical arcane "Monkey Wrench" to throw into the process and destabilze it. But we don't know how arcane things work, so it's just theoretical without some canon basis....oh shit.

I had an idea.

3598.png

Ready the darts.

• Brohoof 12

(edited)

Yeah! That's the spirit! :D Great idea!

(+ Zecora's poop on it to be a cherry on the cake :umad:)

I forget what it's called, but I believe that there is a poison made from horse poop is lethal when mixed with the same blood type of its intended victim that the Japanese ninja used...it gives them tetanus. Japanese ninja's supposedly used it.

I'm not sure that's accurate though, I did read it back when Totse was still operational.

Edited by KelGrym
  • Brohoof 1

I forget what it's called, but I believe that there is a poison made from horse poop is lethal when mixed with the same blood type of its intended victim that the Japanese ninja used...it gives them tetanus. Japanese ninja's supposedly used it.

I'm not sure that's accurate though, I did read it back when Totse was still operational.

just coating there blades in something nasty alone would spread infection directly nto the blood stream, makes even the mildest cuts as lethal as a deathblow.

• Brohoof 1

just coating there blades in something nasty alone would spread infection directly nto the blood stream, makes even the mildest cuts as lethal as a deathblow.

You don't get much nastier than poison joke. I wonder what it would do to poor Tirek...on top of the tetanus he'd get.

• Brohoof 1

Oh, wow.

Great idea with Zecora, Kelgrym. The Mane 6 could have used her to poison some magic to defeat Tirek, instead of this silly "Rainbow Power" business. What I would think would be the better ending, plus we finally get to see more Zecora.

But then again, we wouldn't know what would be in the box...

• Brohoof 2

Lol, love the idea with Zecora as well, KelGrym.

I, on the other hand, if we were to do something else........................................release mankind's greatest creation:

The God of Destruction and the King of Monsters, himself:   GODZILLA

2014_godzilla_head_shot_by_gfan2332-d7fh

• Brohoof 2

@,

Equestria has that already though. ;)

maxresdefault.jpg

True.........but Spike, can never fit the "King of the Monsters" profile.  As well as gaining power by radioactive and nuclear power, :D.

Yeah, too easy. Magical shielding would suffice, and Tirek could even redirect the missiles back to them with levitation, and destroy the remaining ones with magical beam when they're reloading.

Yeah, too easy. Magical shielding would suffice, and Tirek could even redirect the missiles back to them with levitation, and destroy the remaining ones with magical beam when they're reloading.

Nuke him from orbit? Or do you think he can resist it?

Both Tirek and Twilight seemed to be quite immune to strong impacts. Getting hits of huge blasts of Magic, being thrown to the ground or into a mountain wall with high speed, drilling through a mountain, and no single flaw? I don't think a nuke would suffice. Magical nuke, on the other hand..... Hmm.... ;)

Its kinda funny how easily people think one can just...."use magic" to defeat modern weapons.  

if you recall,  twilight struggles to lift heavy things with her own magic,  even as a princess she isn't to the point of just moving things around like paper.   Heck,  she couldn't even control the sun well when she got the power to do it.

He can certainly try to do things like deflect missiles and shells,   but just assuming it will work, especially where there's nothing in cannon showing that he'd be able too,  is just silly.

We would have to calculate how much energy output Twilight was putting out and compare it to the power of a nuke. Not much to go on except that she could probably poke a clean hole through a mountain. Also magical blasts dont seem to put off as much radiant heat as a nuke would. They seem mostly concussive, like cyclops eyeblast from xmen.

Tirek at least needs air to breath. How would he feel with his lungs on fire. Surely the radiation would kill him if not that.

He wasn't able to absorb pegasus magic or earth pony magic until he got a lot stronger.

If they sent Twilight instead of Discord, Tirek would have been susceptible to Alicorn magic and would have gone down right there.  It would have been easy.  It was only Discord's betrayal that allowed Tirek to rapidly gain enough strength to be a top level crisis.

• Brohoof 1

Nuke him from orbit? Or do you think he can resist it?

Nuke him from Orbit......we'll use the Composer:

Halo-4-The-Composer-Forerunner-Artifact. 

Or as a Last Resort..........we use, the Halo Rings:

the_installation_by_scourge07-d6s7s9o.jp

• Brohoof 2

Its kinda funny how easily people think one can just...."use magic" to defeat modern weapons.

That's because Magis might be thought of as a kind of very advanced weapon. Way more advanced than some pew-pew ;)

Heck,  she couldn't even control the sun well when she got the power to do it.

BraggyTwi.jpg

;)

@@Blobulle,

I was thinking something similar, but we don't know the upper limits of Tirek's ability to absorb, and by the time he took Twilight's powers, we pretty much ran out of magical power sources to stuff down his gullet.

I'm thinking we should have Goku teach Twilight instant transmission and just teleport Tirek to the sun.

• Brohoof 2

As you've all seen, Tirek was perhaps the first villain upon which any magical attacks were ineffective, because he could just absorb them to grow in power, and then use them against the attacker.

I know, right? Tirek was like the Kirby of MLP.

Nuke him from Orbit......we'll use the Composer:

[pic]

Or as a Last Resort..........we use, the Halo Rings:

[pic]

Bro, you rock. Use the Halo rings! xD

Although, that may be a little extreme for a villain like Tirek. ^^"

Considering, you know, the planet would probably go with it. ^^"