Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tirek Vs. Kratos

Castle Bleck

Spawn is actually one of the most powerful combatants that ever participated on deathbattle. He's one of the few characters shown that can actually scare the crap out of Superman in a fight and even beat him. It was so unfair to pair Kratos against a character that was not only on such level of power but Spawn's abilities hard countered Kratos's so badly that it made the stomp even worse.

Actually GOW Hermes isn't a light speed mover as he never moved at such speeds in the games and using Greek Mythology Hermes isn't a good idea considering the games even admitted they're 'loosely' based on the Greek Mythology so you can't really use them as a source for Kratos. Even so, it was clear cut shown Kratos possesses no where near the speed Hermes had with the boots.

All of those items you mention are short ranged weaponry, Tirek can teleport away and blast him at a distance. There is little Kratos has that he can counter as Tirek possesses a far better long range game than Kratos does.

There is also the Blade of Olympus, and that is clearly shown to have the power regardless of long range or short, to banish beings to Tartarus.

• Brohoof 1

There is also the Blade of Olympus, and that is clearly shown to have the power regardless of long range or short, to banish beings to Tartarus.

As far as we know, only Zeus possessed such ability with the Blade as he was the creator and original wielder of the blade and has shown in GOW 2 to possess far greater command and control over it than Kratos ever did as he not only banished the Titans to Tarturus, but also killed every single Spartan soldier with one attack with it unlike Kratos who never showed such power with it.

As far as we know, only Zeus possessed such ability with the Blade as he was the creator and original wielder of the blade and has shown in GOW 2 to possess far greater command and control over it than Kratos ever did as he not only banished the Titans to Tarturus, but also killed every single Spartan soldier with one attack with it unlike Kratos who never showed such power with it.

Don't forget that Kratos is a demigod, and the chances of him to perform an attack is admittedly 50/50, but still possible. Now, if Kratos were to have his God powers when he became a God in God of War (the ending) then there will be a higher chance of him using such an attack, let alone the other powers that come along with the status.

• Brohoof 1

Don't forget that Kratos is a demigod, and the chances of him to perform an attack is admittedly 50/50, but still possible. Now, if Kratos were to have his God powers when he became a God in God of War (the ending) then there will be a higher chance of him using such an attack, let alone the other powers that come along with the status.

Then why couldn't he have used the same attacks Zeus had used with the BOO when he was attacking Olympus with the Titans? If he had at least shown some indication he can wield such power than I would accept, but still he shown no such indication he can perform such attacks. Thus by Occam's razor, my assertion that he can't perform the same attacks Zeus can because Zeus was the original wielder of the blade and thus knows how to use the blade properly would be more likely to be correct.

Then why couldn't he have used the same attacks Zeus had used with the BOO when he was attacking Olympus with the Titans? If he had at least shown some indication he can wield such power than I would accept, but still he shown no such indication he can perform such attacks. Thus by Occam's razor, my assertion that he can't perform the same attacks Zeus can because Zeus was the original wielder of the blade and thus knows how to use the blade properly would be more likely to be correct.

Because he was stripped of his powers of a god during the events of God of War 2, the Blade of Olympus literally finished the job on him. Also, Kratos had the Blade of Olympus on him when he brought the Titans to attack the Home of the Gods.

Because he was stripped of his powers of a god during the events of God of War 2, the Blade of Olympus literally finished the job on him. Also, Kratos had the Blade of Olympus on him when he brought the Titans to attack the Home of the Gods.

Still doesn't explain it as for all we know Zeus was the only god that can do so because he was the most powerful and it's creator.

Now this would be a more than interesting battle.

I assume Tirek would be in his strongest state, just to make things fair? ^^"

Kratos has, single handed, taken down all the gods of Olympus. I think he has a very strong possibility of winning this battle. ^^

But that's just my opinion!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Tirek was able to bust through a mountain trying to injure Twilight, he caused an earthquake through pure physical strength, he was trading nuke magic spells with Twilight in their battle that are easily town busters, he had the powers of all the magical ponies and Discord so his telekinisis power would likely be on par with Twilgith who can move the Sun and moon at once, he was able to teleport multiple characters into the battlefield with a mere snap of his fingers (hinting he can teleport himself as well), and he can drain magic to enhance his power even more while removing his foe's ability to cast magic.

Sorry but the only way Kratos can even hope to stand a chance would be if he were GOW Kratos as that version would give him powers that Ares may have had, anything else Tirek will stomp, and if Tirek's version is the one after he acquires the Alicorn magic, he can solo the GOW verse. This coming from a guy who has spent months researching on Kratos just to prove my point for Spawn's victory over Kratos was correct on deathbattle.

Oh my sweet Celestia, this thread is glorious.

It's kind of mind blowing after four seasons of MLP to find that we're seriously debating our new villain Vs. Kratos. Even if someone is of the position that Kratos would win, the fact that they're in the same power tier as to be discussed with such magnitude.

What's equally mind blowing, at least for me, is that pre alicorn magic Tirek admitted to being equal in combat to Alicorn infused Twilight. The fact that as long as she could keep out of melee and her shield held that Twilight Sparkle might be able to obliterate Kratos is so much fun.  It's the same sense of euphoria seeing Twilight only come up to giant horned demonic Tirek's hoof, yet being more than a match for him. It's such a bizarre and striking image, it puts into perspective how weirdly and terrifyingly powerful the alicorns are. I can see why the peaceful pony nation has remained dominant for centuries.

Our little Twilight, tiny purple unicorn type pony, stomping Kratos into the dust with magical nukes the size of buildings.

Anyway, this thread isn't about debating crazy powered up Twilight, so I'll stop with that before I get warned for off topic.

Tirek is given such a stunningly impressively amount of magical oomph, Kratos seems like a good match for fighting him. At least in the terms that Kratos is used for fighting giant godlike beings. Still, I agree with your points about Tirek's versatility and ability to strike at Kratos without being at risk of retaliation make him seem the much more likely victor. That's of course if were talking about pre alicorn magic Tirek, otherwise he would steamroll everything like you said. 

I don't care how much of an improbable god slaying badass Kratos is at decapitation range, Tirek has shields stronger than mountains and city leveling destructive magic. Tirek was scaring even me when he walked away from Twilight's city buster attacks like it was a minor inconvenience. If it was Tirek at his strongest shown it would go from a tough fight to a goddamn slaughter. 

Part of me wants to say this scale of fighting and violence is just window dressing that doesn't really pertain to the heart of great writing and character based stories that make this show so special. The much larger part says the battle was awesome and it progressed the story in a satisfying way, it was just so freaking cool to see the MLP staff make this kind of bold choice.

Edited by EquineWhoDoesStuff
  • Brohoof 1

It kinda irks me how people keep saying "Kratos has killed gods, so he wins." Like I said, that literally means almost nothing. The soul reapers in Bleach are called Shinigami, or in English 'Death God', yet the weaker soul reaper could be owned by the likes of batman. Besides, the GoW Greek gods are literally the weakest versions of the Greek gods I've ever seen in fiction. PJ Zeus, Marvel Zeus, Mythology Zeus, DC Zeus, even Disney's Zeus! All of these different versions of the same god could obliterate the GoW version with a mere though or gesture. He's a god in name only until he shows something to truly worthy of the title

• Brohoof 1

It kinda irks me how people keep saying "Kratos has killed gods, so he wins." Like I said, that literally means almost nothing. The soul reapers in Bleach are called Shinigami, or in English 'Death God', yet the weaker soul reaper could be owned by the likes of batman. Besides, the GoW Greek gods are literally the weakest versions of the Greek gods I've ever seen in fiction. PJ Zeus, Marvel Zeus, Mythology Zeus, DC Zeus, even Disney's Zeus! All of these different versions of the same god could obliterate the GoW version with a mere though or gesture. He's a god in name only until he shows something to truly worthy of the title

Yeah, the gods in GoW seem to either be just moderately powerful/strong magical creatures. Or just genius loci of whatever their particular sphere of influence is, if even that.

Power levels are relative to each setting, when you have alicorns and things like Discord and Tirek running around the GoW gods don't seem that impressive. The GoW greek gods are pretty unimpressive in the godly power department, hell, even in a YA book series like Percy Jackson the gods can turn you to ash just by revealing their true forms. It doesn't matter if they're the king badasses of the GoW verse when they're outmatched by many other action heavy greek mythology interpretations.

For obvious game design reasons the GoW gods are vulnerable to the types of attacks that Kratos uses, otherwise they wouldn't work in a gameplay sense. Tirek doesn't have those sorts of setting and gameplay induced weaknesses. He was made to be imposing and ridiculously powerful enough to match Twilight in a massive power scale battle.

• Brohoof 2

Oh my sweet Celestia, this thread is glorious.

It's kind of mind blowing after four seasons of MLP to find that we're seriously debating our new villain Vs. Kratos. Even if someone is of the position that Kratos would win, the fact that they're in the same power tier as to be discussed with such magnitude.

What's equally mind blowing, at least for me, is that pre alicorn magic Tirek admitted to being equal in combat to Alicorn infused Twilight. The fact that as long as she could keep out of melee and her shield held that Twilight Sparkle might be able to obliterate Kratos is so much fun.  It's the same sense of euphoria seeing Twilight only come up to giant horned demonic Tirek's hoof, yet being more than a match for him. It's such a bizarre and striking image, it puts into perspective how weirdly and terrifyingly powerful the alicorns are. I can see why the peaceful pony nation has remained dominant for centuries.

Our little Twilight, tiny purple unicorn type pony, stomping Kratos into the dust with magical nukes the size of buildings.

Anyway, this thread isn't about debating crazy powered up Twilight, so I'll stop with that before I get warned for off topic.

Tirek is given such a stunningly impressively amount of magical oomph, Kratos seems like a good match for fighting him. At least in the terms that Kratos is used for fighting giant godlike beings. Still, I agree with your points about Tirek's versatility and ability to strike at Kratos without being at risk of retaliation make him seem the much more likely victor. That's of course if were talking about pre alicorn magic Tirek, otherwise he would steamroll everything like you said. 

I don't care how much of an improbable god slaying badass Kratos is at decapitation range, Tirek has shields stronger than mountains and city leveling destructive magic. Tirek was scaring even me when he walked away from Twilight's city buster attacks like it was a minor inconvenience. If it was Tirek at his strongest shown it would go from a tough fight to a goddamn slaughter. 

Part of me wants to say this scale of fighting and violence is just window dressing that doesn't really pertain to the heart of great writing and character based stories that make this show so special. The much larger part says the battle was awesome and it progressed the story in a satisfying way, it was just so freaking cool to see the MLP staff make this kind of bold choice.

I love it as well. Kinda of amazing of how far the FIM verse has gotten to the point that they now can actually give certain leveled DBZ tier fighers a good mu in my opinion.

• Brohoof 1

I love it as well. Kinda of amazing of how far the FIM verse has gotten to the point that they now can actually give certain leveled DBZ tier fighers a good mu in my opinion.

I really enjoyed it and this is really what I have been waiting for. Although in terms of Kratos based on what I know from playing the games multiple times, in MK9 and reading multiple forums on both sides of the argument and while researching Kratos and Tireks abilities on my own,  I really don't believe Twilight or Tirek has a chance.  With those blasts Twilight and Tirek were throwing at each other and all around Equestria, realistically somebody should have died by the blasts especially since they seemed to be building to city block sized level but since nobody was really harmed in terms of broken bones or lesions or injured in Eqestria it seems these blasts are only meant to harm and imprison for example.

Being the HUB network, death and serious injury would not be allowed and that alone would make me believe anything Twilight, the Alicorns or Tirek throw at each other in terms of energetic blasts and nothing is seriously injured meaning broken bones, lesions, blown off limbs, blood, etc, I would imagine it would be more like push attacks meaning is Tirek or Twilight hit Kratos, he would be thrown miles into mountains and such but would have no bodily damage and thus since in his universe blood and death are allowed, his attacks would inflict that on anyone in the MLP universe.

Now if we take the HUB network out of the equation and go to uncannon fanfics or even imagine what the show would be like if it was more flexible or rated for 16+ and up in terms of bodily injuries, then I can see Twilight or Tirek doing some serious damage to Kratos.

DBZ being a show that more naturally violent your going to see people dying and hurt by blasts. If MLP was put into the DBZ universe I can see Twilight single handily killing Tirek so he never causes harm again and it would be quite graphic. Imprisoning him for all the hell he has caused the ponies is just a reason for him to escape again. Like the Changelings, and Discord betraying the ponies twice now, a non HUB MLP would have the ponies finishing their enemies once and for all by killing them. But that might scar the young children's brain and being a family show parents would not approve as the bronies are not the only audience of the show.

But of course its just my opinion, and everyone has a right to their opinions.

Also this thread is getting epic.

Although I would think it would be awsome if there was some crossover with DBZ and MLP where Goku comes in during the fight Twilight has with Tirek and saves the day.

Kind of like the scene where Goku gathers up a Spirit bomb and throws it a Buu from all the people of Earth.

I can see after the stalemate fight between Twilight and Tirek Goku comes in a creates a Magic bomb from the energy gathered from the ponies. Twilight and the other ponies would help him out with their magical energy that's left, he goes super saiyen and screams that "this is the magic from all of the ponies of Equestria  "this for all of the pain and suffering you have caused" and the blast hits him and vaporizes Tirek never to cause harm to Equestria again.

I would imagine being DBZ and all while having the help of pony magic the blast would be planet level in terms of size like in most epic DBZ moment and you would see Tirek Vaporize. That would be so epic.

Kind of like this scene except instead of boo it would be Tirek and energy from magical ponies not humans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QimgjTEHOI

• Brohoof 1

I really enjoyed it and this is really what I have been waiting for. Although in terms of Kratos based on what I know from playing the games multiple times, in MK9 and reading multiple forums on both sides of the argument and while researching Kratos and Tireks abilities on my own,  I really don't believe Twilight or Tirek has a chance.  With those blasts Twilight and Tirek were throwing at each other and all around Equestria, realistically somebody should have died by the blasts especially since they seemed to be building to city block sized level but since nobody was really harmed in terms of broken bones or lesions or injured in Eqestria it seems these blasts are only meant to harm and imprison for example.

Being the HUB network, death and serious injury would not be allowed and that alone would make me believe anything Twilight, the Alicorns or Tirek throw at each other in terms of energetic blasts and nothing is seriously injured meaning broken bones, lesions, blown off limbs, blood, etc, I would imagine it would be more like push attacks meaning is Tirek or Twilight hit Kratos, he would be thrown miles into mountains and such but would have no bodily damage and thus since in his universe blood and death are allowed, his attacks would inflict that on anyone in the MLP universe.

Now if we take the HUB network out of the equation and go to uncannon fanfics or even imagine what the show would be like if it was more flexible or rated for 16+ and up in terms of bodily injuries, then I can see Twilight or Tirek doing some serious damage to Kratos.

DBZ being a show that more naturally violent your going to see people dying and hurt by blasts. If MLP was put into the DBZ universe I can see Twilight single handily killing Tirek so he never causes harm again and it would be quite graphic. Imprisoning him for all the hell he has caused the ponies is just a reason for him to escape again. Like the Changelings, and Discord betraying the ponies twice now, a non HUB MLP would have the ponies finishing their enemies once and for all by killing them. But that might scar the young children's brain and being a family show parents would not approve as the bronies are not the only audience of the show.

But of course its just my opinion, and everyone has a right to their opinions.

Also this thread is getting epic.

Although I would think it would be awsome if there was some crossover with DBZ and MLP where Goku comes in during the fight Twilight has with Tirek and saves the day.

Kind of like the scene where Goku gathers up a Spirit bomb and throws it a Buu from all the people of Earth.

I can see after the stalemate fight between Twilight and Tirek Goku comes in a creates a Magic bomb from the energy gathered from the ponies. Twilight and the other ponies would help him out with their magical energy that's left, he goes super saiyen and screams that "this is the magic from all of the ponies of Equestria  "this for all of the pain and suffering you have caused" and the blast hits him and vaporizes Tirek never to cause harm to Equestria again.

I would imagine being DBZ and all while having the help of pony magic the blast would be planet level in terms of size like in most epic DBZ moment and you would see Tirek Vaporize. That would be so epic.

Kind of like this scene except instead of boo it would be Tirek and energy from magical ponies not humans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QimgjTEHOI

I'd like a crossover too, though I'm in general not well received towards the ideas of crossovers mainly for how different styles would collide against each other and involve a certain suspension of disbelief. Course I'd like to read such a well done fan fic however.

• 3 months later...
  • 8 years later...

Kratos. I've seen the fights tirek had and I'm not impressed. 

The gods mere deaths caused the end of the world. If then dying could do that then they definitely could too. Helio's power could do it as stated by Athena in chains of Olympus.

Before I go into explaining Kratos'feats and why they are so OP. I suggest forgetting everything you heard from death battle and also stop judging his character from game mechanics. You'll never learn properly by going off those two things.

Anyways.

Kratos strength:

Atlas lifts all of creation on his shoulders. In real mythology it's supposed to only be the sky, but GOW changed this. Now he holds the earth AND the heavens. The heavens, much like the underworld, is infinite in size. Atlas is strong enough to hold all of this. Kratos was strong enough to stoo atlas from crushing him. And since Kratos was the one to chain him there in the first place, we all know he was not holding back.

Speed:

Kratos kept up with Hermes then took his speed for himself. You can blame game mechanics for thinking Hermes isn't that fast. He definitely is. He delivers souls to the underworld and dreams to mortals simultaneously. The underworld, like I said before, is infinite in size. This almost makes his speed infinite. Almost. Did you know that Hermes boots also grants the user the ability to fly? Only reason Kratos doesn't use them to fly is because it would be weird if the players just flew around everywhere.

Durability/endurance:

Kratos tanked a direct lightning blast from Zeus. Kratos didn't even receive a scratch, all that he got was launched back. Gaia however, the primordial titan/Goddess of the earth. Got her arm fucked up and launched off the mountain. Gaia is capable of splitting the continents with her breathing and with a sigh in her massively weakened spirit form she shook the infinite realms. Kratos also prevented his soul from being taken by Hades. Atlas however, failed to do this. But Hades had help from Poseidon. Kratos also tanked shots from Poseidon. Kratos also took the power of the sun head on. People assume It was just a blinding light that Helios was doing. But having a blinding light shine bright upon you isn't supposed to kill you. Especially if your Kratos. Yet you lose health and die if you fail to block it or reach Helios on time.

Now onto the reason Kratos is a universal to multiversal character.

Kratos defeated 3 primordials, reason why this is a astonishing feat? The primordials were the ones responsible for the creation of the universe. The ones Kratos defeated was Thanatos, Uranus and Gaia.

There's a version where Uranus himself created the universe.

Thanatos, the living embodiment of death. Lost easily once Kratos stopped holding back and went berserk. 

But how did they create the universe? Their fighting did.

The primordials clash created the universe. (Causing the big bang) Simply punching each other formed and shaped the galaxies.

Kratos defeated Uranus and Thanatos in their strongest beast forms.

Kratos also overpowered Baldur in strength.

Baldur 3 shot the world serpent. The world serpents clash with Thor splintered the world tree and that got him sent back into time. Each strand of the world tree is a universe.  Realms in gow is basically a universe. So that means that the world serpent and Thors fighting could be felt across 9 universes. 

Kratos is stronger then all 3 of them. 

Conclusion.

Tirek is getting mega stomped. There's nothing he can do to stop Kratos. There's nothing anyone can do to stop Kratos. Telekinesis will be easy for Kratos to break out of, magic is useless as well. Anything they can do will be useless, especially with POH.